Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Yeah mate,the param-variable is already in latest DEV branch, hopefully BIS releases 1.63 patch soon so we can put out 4.6 ASAP! In the meanwhile simply place the variable in init-mods.sqf or feel free to grab latest RC from GIT DEV branch (anonymous access).

HH

BTW: thank you for the nice feedback JaFuzz, glad you enjoy MSO

Highhead, How do you use GIT to get latest RC? it asks for user name and password?

Zaksle, logistics runs on dedicated server, changed in upcoming version to work also for the Host and in SP!

Opendome, i will pass you a working Duala... Just need to find the time to make it.

Enjoy

HH

Yeah I opened the Mission files and changed it where a Host can use it, what I mean in that previous message was that there was no MSO functions, no patrol ops, no settings like it had before and no opfor / independant and ambient stuff lol.

I've noticed also when I messed up where the MSO stuff wasn't active, I added some ACE stuff to it and then ACE wounds works, something to do with the mission I swear... Shot the teammate Ai real fast just to see and sure enough they were severely injured! I'll see what Grillbo3 is talking about. Reply later.

Edit: Was capable of doing the //s but when I goto host it doesn't show up :/ Going to start from Vanilla MSO. PS: I have multiple MSO missions with the same exact names, and only 1 PBO or even 0 PBOs of them!

Edit 2: I put in the // on the stuff Grillbo3 said, shot up several Ai without killing them (Bullet in Leg, Examine) they still appeared to be fine and no medical treatment possible. Even killed several but they all appear to be dead instead of severely injured.

In the mission editor if I place several Ai and make them firefight you'll hear them moaning and you examine them their either dead or severely injured and can't do anything so they lay there as if they did die but they are healable such as players are in MSO / Insurgency.

Here is my edit - All I did was change logistics to isdedicated to use logistics demands as host(Works) increase recruitable Ai & do the // as Grillbo3 said.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uzncniqveav7774

Edited by Zaksle75

Highhead, How do you use GIT to get latest RC? it asks for user name and password?

Simply pick "clone existing repository" input "git://git.dev-heaven.net/mso.git" as source and pick your destination folder. It worked like that for me.

Thanks again for this awesome mission. Two questions on my mind :

How exactly do I use gbl aim with the latest git? Love the food and water idea. But I seem to be too stupid to edit it in the way, that your don't have to eat and drink Every few minutes.

Second, I got some problems with logistic demand, also with the latest git. For example, I order an Wildcat via airlift and I get an c 130 dropping a box and then disappearing in midair. The crew dropping to the ground... Any idea what might cause this? Thanks again.

How did you even get the Water and Drink to work? I see the boxes for food and water I have the module for everything but what I mean is I can't eat or drink anything... WHICH IS BAD lol.

How did you even get the Water and Drink to work? I see the boxes for food and water I have the module for everything but what I mean is I can't eat or drink anything... WHICH IS BAD lol.

Are you using the 'player menu' to access your food/drink?

Cause you need to map it. Advanced Key settings, Action 19. Something like this, sorry, using the german client. If you press the chosen key while using the mousewheel youll see the menu.

Cause you need to map it. Advanced Key settings, Action 19. Something like this, sorry, using the german client. If you press the chosen key while using the mousewheel youll see the menu.

So lets say Mouse Button 4 is set to Custom Control 19, I hold that and scroll?

Edit: Got it to work, set it to Right Windows and while scrolling I did it.

Edited by Zaksle75

Hi there please advise

you say

"- For a stable gameplay experience it is highly recommended to allow only clients that use same addons and patch as server!"

How would one make sure there ACE etc is the same and kick if not?.

I use tohpes server app and in there I can make a check for beta version so thats good but how do I make sure there ACE is good and that they are using no other mods that I dont want?

This is on a dedi server BTW

Thanks

Hi there please advise

you say

"- For a stable gameplay experience it is highly recommended to allow only clients that use same addons and patch as server!"

How would one make sure there ACE etc is the same and kick if not?.

I use tohpes server app and in there I can make a check for beta version so thats good but how do I make sure there ACE is good and that they are using no other mods that I dont want?

This is on a dedi server BTW

Thanks

You'll need to edit the server.cfg file usually stored in the Arma2 root directory on your server. Lines you will need to edit:

//Enables or disables the signature verification for addons. Default = 0. Weak protection = 1. Full protection = 2.

verifySignatures = 2:

// Signature timeout fix

regularcheck="{}";

// unsigned data detected

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";

// tampering of the signature detected

onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";

// data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

//onDifferentData="kick (_this select 0)";

Basically this will require all clients to use signed addons only, and will kick players with different versions of mods

wow thanks for replying

I now assume I need to add the Bikeys for @ACE @ACE_RU etc etc and other mods i want to use and place them in expansions/Keys is this correct?

Yes and ONLY add the .bikeys of mods you want to allow (including client-side mods like JSRS_ACE or st_hud). If the .bikey is not there the player will be kicked (with msg)

Put them in \Keys folder not \Expansion\Keys (pretty sure this is true for beta version as well but not 100% certain)

Yes and ONLY add the .bikeys of mods you want to allow (including client-side mods like JSRS_ACE or st_hud)

Put them in \Keys folder not \Expansion\Keys (pretty sure this is true for beta version as well but not 100% certain)

I read with combines operations they now go in expansions/keys I am probably wrong though lol I have no idea

:(

Well on our servers they all go into \Keys.. perhaps it works with both folder locations for CO?

Well on our servers they all go into \Keys.. perhaps it works with both folder locations for CO?

Great thanks /keys it is then lol :)

Good luck :p

Replied here too:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146814-Desync-over-LAN

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I get this crash message about once a day running MSO (PDB or NOMAD)

ErrorMessage: Warning: preNLOD format in object rangers\sfc_d_gary.p3d

The actual .p3d file it errors on varies.. sometimes it's a stock BIS thing.. sometimes an addon (like above).

We run more than one Arma server on the machine and it's only the MSO one that crashes like this.

Anyone seen this before?

Yep, getting that too from time to time. Thought it was a corrupted file first, but still getting this after server reinstall.when running Insurgency on the same server it runs without errors for days.

Using the latest git here.

Yep, getting that too from time to time. Thought it was a corrupted file first, but still getting this after server reinstall.when running Insurgency on the same server it runs without errors for days.

Using the latest git here.

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not insane :p I was about to try a re-install but if you've done that already I won't bother. Yeah we run a vanilla Insurgency on the same box that gets 20 players average a day and no issues there... only on the instance running MSO. I've even swapped instances and put MSO on a different setup and it still happens.

Not using the latest GIT just 4.55

Not using beta either

Edited by SavageCDN

Hi mates!

We dont run intor crashes, and we use latest beta! Make sure you can replicate it with no additional addons than the supported ones (CBA, ACE, ACRE). For the record, We also dont use emergency services since 4.4 and turned them off by default - i once found that some units seemed to cause a crash, but also this isnt replicable anymore with new betas. Regarding desync, i have managed to reduce it to the best i was able to, by using different patrol-scripts, still it is there from time to time. If you find something out, let me know!

Enjoy!

highhead, any idea what might cause my logistics demand problems? Just tried to ordern an littlebird, via airlift, a few seconds later i get the message that a chinook carrying one item has been destroyed...

otsit what mods are you using on your server?

ACE, ACRE, CBA

exa-rg31

rangers

SNR (paladin)

yup_uh60

MH47-E chinook

Reshmaan map (also saw same error using TUP Quom)