Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

ok i have done that i hate to tell you it dont work.

and i have said what does not work.

"client is reciving persistent data please wait" i get stuck at that i followed guide. i repeated guide. did not work. repeated guide again did not wor. posted on here getting nothing usefull then follow guide. i ask friend who deals with my sql for a living we get no where. i repeat again by my self still nothing. i ask on here for help again i get follow the guide it works they say. well not getting me any where so teamspeak help would be great.

Just trying to help mate. In my experience the "client persistent data" issue is related to one thing:

You haven't completed these steps correctly:

In MySQL Workbench > Manage Security > Setup a user called arma (set password) and give it dba permissions, ensure user can only connect from localhost.

Download and copy @Arma2Net folder to ArmA2(OA) Root directory (use download-link in attachments)

Copy Databases.txt (from Arma2netMysql folder) to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL (-> create the folder if not there)

You MUST complete them properly in order to allow Arma to 'talk' to the database.

1. You need to create a new user in MySQL Workbench, call it "arma", create a password for it, give it 'dba' permissions, and make sure it can ONLY connect from localhost. - If you don't do all of this it will not work.
  2. You need to download this: https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/20212/@Arma2NET.7z, and put it in your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead ROOT directory - If you do not do this it will not work.
  3. Copy "databases.txt" from Arma2netMysql to "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL" (the folder will most likely not exist, so create it. - If you do not do this it will not work.

Finally, you need to modify "databases.txt". You have to delete the #, change the username to "arma" and change the password to the password you created in step one I posted above.

Again, if you do not do all of this EXACTLY it will not work. You cannot cut any corners.

What?

I suspect you are not ready for github. However the repository you want is here git://git.dev-heaven.net/mso.git . Google github, install one of the clients, clone the repository, checkout one of the latest versions. The versions are listed here https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/repository/revisions

Edited by jiltedjock

Is there an I44 version of MSO floating around somewhere? I checked the links at DevHeaven but they are just links to forum posts not any actual missions.

Thanks!

Yo mates!

Sorry if i not around lately, as im working hard to get MSO running in A3 :)

4.6 for A2 is ready for release and you can Pull it from GIT! official release in the upcoming days!

Enjoy

HH

Edited by raggamafia

Is there an I44 version of MSO floating around somewhere? I checked the links at DevHeaven but they are just links to forum posts not any actual missions.

Thanks!

There is. I just need to get Patrol Ops up to scratch.

There is. I just need to get Patrol Ops up to scratch.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of doing an MSO I44 event this weekend ... would it be possible to get it without the PO module?

i still need help with my stuff last message seams to have gotten deleted ether way could really use it

I suspect you are not ready for github. However the repository you want is here git://git.dev-heaven.net/mso.git . Google github, install one of the clients, clone the repository, checkout one of the latest versions. The versions are listed here https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/repository/revisions

Can't find the 4.6 one, unless it's for ARMA3, ARMA 3 is not ready for MSO nor any CoOp. Is there no new version for ARMA2?

again help please ?

As I mentioned in PM your best bet is to get on their Skype channel and ask for help setting up the PDB. If you've gone through the instructions from the Dev Heaven page and it still doesn't work I probably can't help you as my SQL knowledge is very limited :)

He was invited and added onto our Skype channel, but ended up calling someone a C**T! Not the best move :rolleyes:

I am willing to assist, please post a link to all the required log files, so i can take a look. I will then arrange a time with you to get it up and running.

All 4.6 is Arma 3

No it isn't. Why do you think that?

I just checked out revision d2326abb, it contains an Arma 2 Base Mission, 30 Arma 2 island specific missions, 1 Arma 3 Base Mission and 1 Arma 3 Stratis mission.

Edited by jiltedjock

I just checked out revision d2326abb, it contains an Arma 2 Base Mission, 30 Arma 2 island specific missions, 1 Arma 3 Base Mission and 1 Arma 3 Stratis mission.

;) Indeed

He was invited and added onto our Skype channel, but ended up calling someone a C**T! Not the best move :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Kids these days... well kudos for still willing to help him

Eh this GIT thing is a peace of crap I'll wait till they release it, it's already done dunno what's takin forever.

Yo Zaksle,

GIT is actually pretty simple when you done it once, i can still send you a pre-release ZIP file with 4.6 code tomorrow via PM!

What is taking forever is BIS releasing 1.63 patch, which is needed for some functions esp. regarding Headless Client implementation, since we cant force everyone to use latest beta patches - esp. clans and communities. If it takes much longer we will just release it nevertheless.

Enjoy dudes!

PS: Respect Gunny!

How do I reach you guys via Skype? I've been trying to get the PersistentDB working for days but no luck this far.

Eh this GIT thing is a peace of crap I'll wait till they release it, it's already done dunno what's takin forever.

It's clearly not a piece of crap. I did say that if you hadn't heard of it you probably weren't ready for it.

Maybe, when I was taking time out of my day to help you with it, you might have said that hadn't actually tried it yet?

How do I reach you guys via Skype? I've been trying to get the PersistentDB working for days but no luck this far.

Pm me your Skype details will add you on.

This should be a lesson for all the (I assume, perhaps not rightly so) younger players who are asking for help here. Being a shit about it, yelling at people, not saying thank you.. things your mommy should have told you.... all these things do not help your cause and in fact tend to push those willing to help away from helping any further.

Where I come from that is Common Sense 101 but it seems that stuff is not so common anymore...

Yes please get off my lawn now :p

This should be a lesson for all the (I assume, perhaps not rightly so) younger players who are asking for help here. Being a shit about it, yelling at people, not saying thank you.. things your mommy should have told you.... all these things do not help your cause and in fact tend to push those willing to help away from helping any further.

Where I come from that is Common Sense 101 but it seems that stuff is not so common anymore...

Yes please get off my lawn now :p

Only if I can have my ball back first please :( lol!

Kuunmies is now up and running...............Enjoy! :yay: