Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

Is it safe to install 1.62 with all the issues appearing on the BIF? My team is still waiting... dedicated files are out yet (supplied with patch)?

Is there something wrong with the Arma2 website today? I am having difficulties reaching anything but the forums today. I'm looking to download this update but can't. I've tried the link to the overview page and the direct download link and nothing seems to be reachable.

No, they don't. You do not simply move into a neighborhood en masse and assume that you are entitled

Played warfare map yesterday with approx 18vs 18 players on xr and like 10 of 18 our team was playing map firs time and they come from dayz...

It was based on the missinterpretation that only DayZ related values were changed but thats not the fact, the change is in deed a long overdue one into the right direction and I can say tis despite beeing a decdicated OPFOR side player. Not long ago the call was all about that balance should in a MilSim should not end up in same values for everything depite big differences in the real thing.

Fair enough, if it is indeed a change across the board then I'm okay with it. Except for the smaller-caliber arms like pistols and SMGs like you said, they are already too weak IMO...

Played warfare map yesterday with approx 18vs 18 players on xr and like 10 of 18 our team was playing map firs time and they come from dayz...

I meant more along the lines of buying a new game for a mod then demanding that the developers make changes to the game to better suit the mod while at the same time calling said game "Crap".

Edited by NodUnit

Yes there was a problem prior to 1.59. The bullets did loose too much speed and energy over range. This was fixed and lethality went much to far up. This is fixed now and in addition the 5.62 and 5.45 have different properties now...I guess we were all used to the wrong depiction all the times...now it's time to embrace it and remind that the 5.45x39 never had the same power like a 5.56x45 and that we got used to somthing wrong.

The true problem is not with the assault rifles or pistols now by the way but with submachineguns. it does not take into accout that a 9x19 from a MP5 with 225mm barrel uses the full potential of the round while a pistol with 115mm can't.

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

But the damage values were wrong for some rifles all the time, why should that be patched back again? it is simpyl true that a 5.56x45 delivers much more energy than a 5.45x39. It is correct to give the 5.45x39 only 75% of the power of the 5.56x45. The handguns and submachineguns are the onyl ones screwed now, not the rifles.

The missinterpretation that came up here was that only weapons used in DayZ were changes but thats not true. In fact this change should be welcome to every true MilSim Player because it depicts reality much better than before when all assault rifles were the same thing with just another model. it should have always made a difference if you wield a AK74 or a M16, now it does.

Only issue is that this should have been elaborated prior to official patch in a beta just the way the friction issue and the recoil issue before,

Wow, now I feel like an idiot thinking this was all about dayZ. Didnt even know there was an airdrag bug. this makes sense now, and hopefully in a few games ill start to notice the difference between the ak-74 and the m16. Diverse ballistics is welcome.

I meant more along the lines of buying a new game for a mod then demanding that the developers make changes to the game to better suit the mod
I'm pretty sure that Marek Spanel agreed to this only a few weeks into DayZ, while the post-1.60 beta patches were under way...

Yes there was a problem prior to 1.59. The bullets did loose too much speed and energy over range. This was fixed and lethality went much to far up. This is fixed now and in addition the 5.62 and 5.45 have different properties now...I guess we were all used to the wrong depiction all the times...now it's time to embrace it and remind that the 5.45x39 never had the same power like a 5.56x45 and that we got used to somthing wrong.......SHORTENED............

Only issue is that this should have been elaborated prior to official patch in a beta just the way the friction issue and the recoil issue before,

This is the kind of intelligent post i love to find here. thanks for the info and insight! wish BIS let us know better though so all this coulda been answered by them. credibility is earned.

Glad there is some sanity in the changes. Wished they had been pieced out in the betas instead though.

Had a few friends even say that weapons feel more like the real thing now, at least one I know for sure owns a few of the weapons. So props to BI for continuing to make the game authentic, but please, next time you make such a change, please explain why so that we can all avoid another panicky confusion fest that ensued here.

And big thanks to Beagle for helping us understand what's going on, had you not begun explaining that I think there would still be mass assumption.

Also loving this new sharp filter and the ability to switch between chernarus tree's and OA tree's when the frame rate takes a hard hit.

Edited by NodUnit

;2196295']I've lost all faith in my favourite developers now. A game is a game' date=' update it to fix issues. A mod is a mod, the mod-team can add new changes to the UI etc through their mod. The fact that you have added new changes to the base game to cater for a mod, really is infuriating.

ArmA was once called a mil-sim, after 1.62 its nothing short of run and gun sandbox. Activision may want a partnership with you. Sellout really springs to mind </3[/quote']

ironically we added features into game for:

ACE, ACEv2, PR, CLSA, CWR, INV44 and several others prior DayZ

i guess now adding something for DayZ is evil thing :j: :butbut:

Pretty much..DayZ is the plague of arma 2 and should be our mortal enemy, how dare you support them as you have any other mod in the past.

Not to mention all of the new commands and scripting/config features that come along with the patches and help the rest of us making ADDONS not just mods, as a result of these changes, you shouldn't be supporting anything but the core game itself.

sarcasm

Edited by NodUnit

Its a business ffs

Reaction after missing the sarcasm

Edited by SnR

Its a business ffs

Sarcasm dear community member, I was poking fun at community members who would get upset at BI for adding any modding stability for dayZ despite the fact that they not only backed other large mods in the past but also continuously release patch after patch which generally include new or streamlined features for addon and mod makers alike.

Things that benefit dayZ could also benefit us as well, as it has other mods before it, but because dayZ has sold so much on it's own, it's as if it would be a sin to support them in any way, and that doing so is somehow abandoning the milsim community...which is even more ironic considering the weapon changes DO benefit the milsim community as well.

I bought Arma 2 and OA back in 2010, according to my membership here. I tried to play them 'vanilla' and though I got so far I had a rough time, it became tedious as my kit wasn't up to it so I put them on the shelf. Along comes BC2 and as happens some new kit. Now I'm quad/9800 better. Then BF3, ooah fs, GTX560Ti then please, thank you. Then someone asks me if I'd seen the DayZ mod, er nope? You know where this is going don't you? So I put the games back on my box and load up Six. Hoho, now together with ACE, that's more like it I say, rivalrous to all even (yes it is a word). Hang on I haven't finished yet. I played DayZ for about a day. Great idea, but it didn't suit me, I didn't like some of the tactics. So here I am, hoping that more players will find there way here. Whew, got through that without an ellipsis. :cool:

Been playing this game for years and have been happy with everything BI has gave us. Looking forward to more great updates.

@Dwarden You should have explained the changes like Beagle did. I hope SMGs and Pistols get fixed, they were too weak before the patch.

Wait, which patch resulted in the damage nerf, was it the "stable" 1.62 release (i.e. the one delivered through Steam automatically) or one of the beta patches?

1.62, but from what people are saying it's not so much a "nerf" as much as a "fix", IE something that was too strong to begin with.

1.62, but from what people are saying it's not so much a "nerf" as much as a "fix", IE something that was too strong to begin with.

If it was a fix then they'd also change the AK107's values, which they didn't. It's a nerf.

The biggest problem with sidearms (pistols and pdws) was not so much with damage but insane random spread even on very short distances. Now the deal even less damage...

Anyone having Issues after installing this patch , my game will not load anymore even without anymods on :(

Any suggestions or is it a full reinstall ?

solved REMOVED SOUND.DLL working again now

Edited by psvialli

Which to me begs the question, "why retain pistols and PDWs in the game if they're going to suffer from either less damage or insane random spread at their supposedly effective ranges?" Then again, ARMA 2 has historically been a long range thing... TOO long range at times.

Hello my fellow ArmaII players.

So, I am one of those so-called noobs, morons etc etc DayZ player.

Let's get things straight right now:

I don't like being called a COD kiddie. If I wanted to play a shitty arcade autoaim videogame I'd play COD, I wouldn't be playing dayZ.

I am here to complain about this update as well. As far as I read, you too think this UD was a fuckton of bullshit. Indeed, it is. Since you all may not be familiar with dayZ, allow me to explain why, from my dayZ player point of view:

with the low-tier weapons nerfed (makarov, revolver, 1911, lee enfield), freshly spawned players are less likely to defend themselves against the fully equiped bandits roaming in the spawning areas and the 2 major cities that are Elektro & Cherno. There will be blood, and rage, and more and more combat DC (witch already plagues DayZ).

This update killed the SMG users. I wanted to use the MP5, but now it'll be more efficient to throw rocks to other players to kill them. Who can take 13 9mm rounds in the chest and still be alive? CQC with SMG is dead in dayZ.

Slug damage nerfed. Now the shotgun slugs deal as much damages as the winchester (4500 damage). The winchester mag can hold 15 slugs, the shotguns tube can hold 8 slugs. Simple math, a low-tier weapon is actually a better choice than a mid/ high grade weapon. Shotgun users like me (I love shotguns) are screwed. Taking a shotgun for midrange and CQC combat is no longer an option

Lee enfield nerf: a rifle shooting a more powerfull round than the dmr, m24 and AKM now deals less damage than the previously cited rifles. This is bollocks.

It now takes now 3 to 6 .45 shots at point blank to kill an infected, torso hits. I don't even want to talk about the 9mm guns and smg because if I do I'll just scream insanities.

So, tl;dr:

this update is idiotic because:

freshly spawned players in dayZ are now real meatcannon for bandits since they can't fight back efficiently

it killed the SMG gameplay

it killed the shotgun gameplay

the Dinner bell is no longer the dinner bell.

The true problem is not with the assault rifles or pistols now by the way but with submachineguns. it does not take into accout that a 9x19 from a MP5 with 225mm barrel uses the full potential of the round while a pistol with 115mm can't.

This one seem simple, we need separate ammoclass for handgun and smg ammo. Also first, bullet's power reduction due to airdrag should be revised, then, based on results damage should be adjusted.

But the damage values were wrong for some rifles all the time, why should that be patched back again? it is simpyl true that a 5.56x45 delivers much more energy than a 5.45x39. It is correct to give the 5.45x39 only 75% of the power of the 5.56x45.

Non-lethal headshots with AK-74 is kind of problem. ArmA2 don't simulate helmet in any way other than simple damage multiplier. Unfortunately AFAIK head is treated as whole - no difference between armored and unarmored part, so we assume bullet hits helmet. 9mm requiring multiple headshots seem acceptable at 50m, as it shouldn't penetrate helmet, but SF operators often use overcharged cardidges and steel-core penetrators. If I recall well, 57-N-181 9x18 round can pierce 5mm steel plate at 20m.

So headshots from SMGs should be lethal on armored targets, but only at short ranges (<30m?), and very short (<20m?) for hanguns.

For AK-74 question is, if 5.45mm is capable to penetrate standard helmet at given distance.

And also we may need not only damage rebalance, but armor rebalance as well.

Edited by boota