Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

So I installed 1.62 and beta 95417 today over my 1.60 backup and everything went without any problem. Thanks for this to BIS.

About the rebalancing of pistols and certain rifles:

• I tested pistols with Kronzky's Moveable Target Range at 10 meters. Damage value is now at .25 for all pistols tested. Headshot are still lethal, for shots to the the body youd 3 to 4 hits to kill a russian rifleman.
  • I also tested various rifles with 5.56x.45, 7.62x.51, 5.45x.39, 7.62x.39 and 7.62x.54 calibres at 300 meters. 556 rounds now have a damage value of .44 against 1.11 of 7.62 calibre rounds, which is rougly 40 percent. AK rounds are now at values in the mid .30, which is sigficantly lower than before. Headshots are still lethal but you need 3 shots to the body to kill a russian rifleman.

To me it seems somewhat balanced between 556 and 545. But regarding 556/545 vs. 762x51/54 they seem underpowered by a lot. I would really see some opinions from the experts around; what do you think, guys?

Edited by Guess Who

Yeah nice, you guys have done it. In a single patch you Arma 2 "realistic simulator" idiots managed to ruin Dayz. Almost your entire playerbase exists out of people who have never done a single reall arma 2 match and you decide to just ruin it.

Someone elaborate, how is taking 6 .45 bullets to the chest and still being in perfectly good health realistic? How is having a entire mp5 mag unloaded on you without it even scratching you realistic?

You Arma 2 retards are just a bunch of CoD kiddies that wanna run around and hit headshots or gtfo. Good job, you managed to reach that point now. Have fun with your new battlefield/call of duty game.

Yeah nice, you guys have done it. In a single patch you Arma 2 "realistic simulator" idiots managed to ruin Dayz. Almost your entire playerbase exists out of people who have never done a single reall arma 2 match and you decide to just ruin it.

Someone elaborate, how is taking 6 .45 bullets to the chest and still being in perfectly good health realistic? How is having a entire mp5 mag unloaded on you without it even scratching you realistic?

You Arma 2 retards are just a bunch of CoD kiddies that wanna run around and hit headshots or gtfo. Good job, you managed to reach that point now. Have fun with your new battlefield/call of duty game.

And for insulting the rest of the community you bothered to register an account here. Now, great idea - not.

+2 infraction points for calling others idiots and retards.

Should you consider making another of these posts it will be your last action here.

Besides that, any and all insults stop here and now. I don't want to see another post here (or anywhere else) where DayZ players are called idiots, retards or whatever.

From now on, everyone who thinks he's cool by calling other players anything from the book will not only get his 2 infractions points but also ends up being banned from this thread.

Edited by W0lle

Getting a lot of different claims here, someone saying that Ak-47 headshots are not lethal anymore, then Guess Who having tested and found handgun headshots to still be lethal. For now, I prefer to believe Guess Who, since he seems to have actually done some testing. According to those results, it seems that the new damage values are pretty realistic. FMJ ammo, which I assume that all weapons in Arma 2 are using, are not good manstoppers. They tend to punch straight through your body without causing massive damage. Handguns are particularly weak, and will most often require multiple hits to incapacitate someone. A single shot is not likely to have much effect, especially with military FMJ ammo.

You don't have to believe anyone, since you can just test it yourself in editor. Also I believe problem was with AK-74 at medium to long distances, not 47

You don't have to believe anyone, since you can just test it yourself in editor.

Yes, I know, and I will. Just very busy working right now, and have been since the patch was released. :)

But the damage values were wrong for some rifles all the time, why should that be patched back again? it is simpyl true that a 5.56x45 delivers much more energy than a 5.45x39. It is correct to give the 5.45x39 only 75% of the power of the 5.56x45. The handguns and submachineguns are the onyl ones screwed now, not the rifles.

If you look only bullet mass than yes. But you need to remember one thing. 5.45x39 is hollow point round. One hit can make more damage to the body then 2 or 3 5.56x45 hits.

Whole point is that all weapon damage configs, vehicle armor and similar should have been done in MOD itself. I am part of large Arma II PvP tournament Arma Wargames and our dev. team makes our own MOD with all weapon & vehicle configs. This should have been done by DayZ MOD team not BI.

Edited by Alan_HR

If you look only bullet mass than yes. But you need to remember one thing. 5.45x39 is hollow point round. One hit can make more damage to the body then 2 or 3 5.56x45 hits.

Whole point is that all weapon damage configs, vehicle armor and similar should have been done in MOD itself. I am part of large Arma II PvP tournament Arma Wargames and our dev. team makes our own MOD with all weapon & vehicle configs. This should have been done by DayZ MOD team not BI.

What do you mean? This change has nothing to do with DayZ. If anything, the DayZ community frowns upon this change. This change has been demanded and created to please people like you, the actual arma 2 players. Thats why we DayZ players are so mad right now. Our game is getting ruined because you want to play call of duty.

Nope, that would be a violation of The Hague Convention of 1899, which prohibits military forces from using "bullets which easily expand or flatten in the body". The 5.45 used by the Ak-74 is a FMJ (Full Metal jacket) round, with much less energy than the 5.56:

"Tests indicate the free recoil energy delivered by the 5.45×39 mm AK-74 assault rifle is 3.39 J (2.50 ft·lb), compared to 6.44 J (4.75 ft·lb) delivered by the 5.56×45mm NATO in the M16 assault rifle and 7.19 J (5.30 ft·lb) delivered by the 7.62×39mm in the AKM assault rifle."

(Taken from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.45x39)

Maybe in Saiga 5.45. Hollow points, or more precisely all pistol/rifle rounds designed to expand are BANNED (along with poisoned and exploding rounds) from militaries worldwide Those are allowed only for civilians. Fragmentation of 5.56mm pass trough this, since bullet is not designed to fragmentate, and it's side effect of high velocity and rotation speed. Same goes for, famous for their spread, Chinese steel-core 7.62x39 as those were not designed to tumble inside body, it was effect of low-quality materials and bad technology

Counter-terrorist forces sometimes use those, but generally all armies seem to respect this law.

What do you mean? This change has nothing to do with DayZ. If anything, the DayZ community frowns upon this change. This change has been demanded and created to please people like you, the actual arma 2 players. Thats why we DayZ players are so mad right now. Our game is getting ruined because you want to play call of duty.

Wierd, I thought DayZ was a mod for Arma 2 game, so, when you play DayZ, you actually play Arma 2, with a custom mission, some custom scripts and some custom items/units/weapons.

So, whenever you "think" you are playing DayZ, you actually play Arma 2.

As for the Arma 2 community, saying that some patch or fixes are directed for DayZ, it's also nonsense, because we all gain from those fixes.

For years BIS has accommodate many popular mods within it's patches, this time is no different.

Yes, remember that DayZ is a mod. Mods do get some support from BIS but it is up to the mod creators to update their mods, not BIS.

Yes, remember that DayZ is a mod. Mods do get some support from BIS but it is up to the mod creators to update their mods, not BIS.

Let's hope that BI won't forget that... ;)

Nope, that would be a violation of The Hague Convention of 1899, which prohibits military forces from using "bullets which easily expand or flatten in the body".

Idealy yes but I can assure you that 5.45x39 is HP bullet as I have used them been in country which mostly used eastern weapons. All ammo we ever recieved for AK-74 has FMJ but bullet tip itself is empty thats why bullet starts to tumble around inside body when it is hit. Another example is 7.62x39 AP round which goes straight through engine block of a car.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?158493-5-45mm-round

Edited by Alan_HR

From what I know they moved the centre of gravity on the 5.45x39 bullet back, just so it will tumble more easily when it hit a body. The flip side of that is its less stable flight path.

So per definition its not a HP bullet, making it legal. But the effect is the same.

Read it some time ago so it might have changed or I could be plain wrong...

Hmm, how does ammunition like the Raufoss MPR (US military Mk211 designation) for the M107 fit into the Hague convention? Reportedly widely used in Iraq since 1991 & US military snipers favourite ammunition, it combines AP, incendiary & explosives all in one. Or is one to suppose that it is only ever used against inanimate objects, or vehicles that coincidentally contain people?

Or all the "tactical charges" (AP mines). But I digress...

I'm not sure how the last few posts relate to the thread topic.

On topic 1.62 patch is a great patch, especially when looking at the changelog.

@Dwarden You should have explained the changes like Beagle did. I hope SMGs and Pistols get fixed, they were too weak before the patch.

what about read the BETA section, where the mighty CEO posted it :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137868-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95417-(1-62-MP-build)&p=2196356&viewfull=1#post2196356

Forgive me Dwarden, it's not easy to keep up with the forum via smartphone :)

Hmm, how does ammunition like the Raufoss MPR (US military Mk211 designation) for the M107 fit into the Hague convention? Reportedly widely used in Iraq since 1991 & US military snipers favourite ammunition, it combines AP, incendiary & explosives all in one. Or is one to suppose that it is only ever used against inanimate objects, or vehicles that coincidentally contain people?

Because it is strictly anti-matterial round, no point using it to shot people. If you fire it at soft target like human body it will pierce it like any .50. When fired on vehicle, wall or any other solid object, it will explode and cause heck of a damage with secondary shrapnels or brick pieces, very useful in urban areas, where there's a lot of cover. There was instance when Army sniper wounded 3 insurgents in one shot, without even seeing them. Using patrol's direction and guesswork fired round on brick wall, pieces of brick finished the job, seconds later wounded and shocked insurgents surrendered. That's how this round works.

Anyone else get worse FPS with 1.62? :(

EDIT: Deleting ArmA2OA.cfg made it better.

Seems it didn't like 8 frames ahead

NOTE: Get a few fps more with -winxp but still worse than 1.60

Average while playing Domination online.

1.60 avg. 60-70fps

1.62 avg. 40-50fps

Edited by EDcase