Sign in to follow this  
meade95

CQB??

Doesn't have to be simultaneously in such an exacting fashion if the guy behind can stay close and go over a shoulder of the lead.

Does for some techniques, but then again if there wasn't the same opening for each building maybe we could see slightly bigger openings where it was at least possible. Then again if we are allowed, through character collisions, to maintain closer spacing during a stack or entry then that would work too but not to the best extent of gameplay.

I don't think it will be possible, I think it will be similar to the prone to stand transition where one hand is used to push the upper body off the ground.

man of little faith...

Isn't that "ye of little faith"? :D

Anyway, I'm liking all the little hints we've been getting these past couple of days. New info is always good, even the small things. :)

man of little faith...

Holy crap!

person_shocked_or_scared_by_what_they_see__wide_eyes_and_open_mouth_0001-0409-1514-4652_SMU.jpg

Well that's awesome news Smookie, the amount of detail you guys are putting into Arma3 is incredible, I look forward to seeing these new animations.

man of little faith...

looking forward to what you bring to Arma3 Smookie, you made some great things for Arma2 :)

How would you end up on your back? Ragdoll? :p

I'd actually be interested in that, as BRINK had a knockdown mechanic (leaving the character supine but able to fire their weapon), however so far there's the manual option of Ctrl+W from prone to go sitting/supine (I prefer the "Last Stand" name for trolling purposes though).

How would you end up on your back? Ragdoll? :p

why not ?

after players checked "yes im 18yrs/21yrs old and aware about UN/UNESCO/FBI articles #xxx and #xxx and signed here and here" checkbox, of course ;-)

bad thing to properly used it need lot of [high-freq and (rel)high-res]physics to work/perform realistically/meaningful.

and that can consume LOT of [CPU or OpenCL(never ever heard about DirectCompute approach to physix or ragdoll sim)]resources, sadly :(

Sorry didn't see this post. Yes I know it can happen in reality but in game I was asking specifically, is it actually engine-gameplay wise possible for A3 engine?

Related video, some good practices.

Regarding ragdoll stances - a lot of things can be done with it, including, Heaven forbid, jumping. :icon_mrgreen: The way I understand it, is that your character is no longer tethered to the world/ground as had been the case in previous ArmA iterations. I could be wrong, but the impression given off every time you somehow ended up even a millimetre off the surface, that it was not meant to happen.

Regarding ragdoll stances - a lot of things can be done with it, including, Heaven forbid, jumping. :icon_mrgreen: The way I understand it, is that your character is no longer tethered to the world/ground as had been the case in previous ArmA iterations. I could be wrong, but the impression given off every time you somehow ended up even a millimetre off the surface, that it was not meant to happen.

Ragdoll won't change that. It only activates when you've already lost control and the game engine is just processing your poor broken body :)

That's a point, wonder how the char reacts to landing, reacts to certain fall distances and types. Static landing, bend the knees? Mobile landing, fall to the floor or break roll? Does your character do an animation whilst falling as seen in GTA IV?

EDIT: Ninja'd by DMarkwick.

Ragdoll won't change that. It only activates when you've already lost control and the game engine is just processing your poor broken body :)

I'd think the world-character interaction would change in some way. :/ Can't believe it's going to be "miss one step and keep flying on a linear trajectory down the stairs."

I'd think the world-character interaction would change in some way. :/ Can't believe it's going to be "miss one step and keep flying on a linear trajectory down the stairs."

No, world-character interaction will be unchanged. Ragdoll is implemented upon death (or also perhaps unconsciousness/stun fingers crossed) and has no functionality before that.

So put God-mode on and run into a hail of RPG!

No, world-character interaction will be unchanged. Ragdoll is implemented upon death (or also perhaps unconsciousness/stun fingers crossed) and has no functionality before that.

ragdoll - true. but what you are forgetting about is me ;)

Yes true :) what I mean is: ragdoll will not make a world-character interaction difference :)

I'm guessing you wore a rocket backpack for this animation...

fna0H2C9Shg&feature=plcp

Which I imagine is actually possible in real life...

With a whole lot of body missing...

I had my limbs removed for that session.

My earlier remark concerned the falling & (lack of) ragdoll.

Collision detection/physics would be improved thanks to physX, though i dont know if its any better in A3 as i havent played it yet.