Sign in to follow this  
meade95

CQB??

My earlier remark concerned the falling & (lack of) ragdoll.

Are you hinting that there will be falling-down animations? for example animations for falling down temporarily when wounded?

This would be too good to be true.

I'm not sure if it applies to wounds in any other location, but the Gamescom build's Field Manual (from the Pause Menu) mentioned something about only being able to crawl if wounded (presumably "wounded enough", probably moreso than "wounded at all"*) in the legs.

* If it were "at all", then I'd just use the legs as my point of aim, because this is a video game! :D

Note, it's already like that in AII. I don't believe you never got shot in the legs while playing the campaign. Better hope your corpsman is close.

JTD_FireAndSmoke on right way, then, IMO.

just look how BETTER[iMO]look built-in demos/cutscenes with firfight/fighting in result :)

WarFX effects wasn't bad too, but they too much focused on particles. its should b balanced/all-around, IMO :=)

If anyone is genuinely interested in CQB succeeding in ArmA III, read the following thread, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139228-Controls-Scheme-amp-User-Interface-Feedback

Proper weapon controls go a long way to change the dynamics for the better - I still haven't mastered the scroll and F-cycle after 5 years, because you can't do it! Mishaps do happen, redundant mistakes that should not be there.

True, that is one of the components to making CQC better.

lol saw the same video earlier thinking to myself "maybe I should post it in that CQB thread".

This + tactical pace = so hip shooting!

at least the controls and the playing pace are sooo gooood :) hmm very good job at the devs.

here is what it looks like just playing pistol deathmatch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUjPLmPlB8w

the new engine system is so perfectly crips

(the lags in the video are due to 1080 Recording)