Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPWC AI suppression system

If ArmA 3 lacks this AI, are you going to create the AI for that game as well?

If ArmA 3 lacks this AI, are you going to create the AI for that game as well?

I should say the likelyhood is that this addon could be almost directly portable to ArmA3.

Hopefully devs will have seen what has been done here and just do it in the vanilla Arma3 !!!!

Hopefully devs will have seen what has been done here and just do it in the vanilla Arma3 !!!!

I wouldnt be to sure. Both TPWC AI mod and ASR_AI have fixed most of my AI problems with ArmA 2, and still nothing have happened from the devs this far. I think the suppression and taking cover AI have been one of the most wanted (voted by players) feature for many years now, so im happy we have these mods. Now im just waiting for someone or the devs to hopefully improve the AI driving (path finding) :)

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

I should say the likelyhood is that this addon could be almost directly portable to ArmA3.

Is it really that "easy"?

Is it really that "easy"?

For some things, yes. I suspect this will be one of those things.

For some things, yes. I suspect this will be one of those things.

If there are no major changes to the scripting engine and commands then I'd hope that this and other mods can be ported over where necessary without too much hassle. TPWCAS relies on CBA, so I'd hope that CBA will be ported quickly!

If there are no major changes to the scripting engine and commands then I'd hope that this and other mods can be ported over where necessary without too much hassle. TPWCAS relies on CBA, so I'd hope that CBA will be ported quickly!

So I take this as a yes, you do have plans for porting it? ;)

So I take this as a yes, you do have plans for porting it? ;)

I plan to port all my mods, if they are needed!

Maybe a OT, but does the game allow modders to improve/change the entire AI system in mods if they want?

Maybe a OT, but does the game allow modders to improve/change the entire AI system in mods if they want?

Up to a limit yes. Scripts & FSMs can make the AI act differently, but there is a hardcoded "core" AI that overrules these when the situation demands it i.e. under fire.

But, OT :)

Up to a limit yes. Scripts & FSMs can make the AI act differently, but there is a hardcoded "core" AI that overrules these when the situation demands it i.e. under fire.

But, OT :)

What is limited under fire? TPCW AI mod make the AI behave very well while under fire.

What is limited under fire? TPCW AI mod make the AI behave very well while under fire.

Well OK, you try getting those guys onto a helicopter while under fire :)

Not sure if this is the place to put in a request but can you have the version up on the SIX Updater network updated to the latest version please? (as with the 'tpwc_ai_los') :)

Not sure if this is the place to put in a request but can you have the version up on the SIX Updater network updated to the latest version please? (as with the 'tpwc_ai_los') :)

No worries, I'll let Sickboy know.

Why on earth doesnt BIS use the AI from these mods on a vanilla patch?

Running TPW mods, ASR AI and Zeus on 50 player server will cause server meltdown. We turned them all off exept LOS thingi and poof! Problem solved! Now imagine if it was part of vanila... Yeah, it would make large scale Coop mission's unplayable, unless they make it toggleble or something (like Advanced AI module in Iron Front) I would be against usage of this mods (or any kind of server killing AI) in vanilla...

Running TPW mods, ASR AI and Zeus on 50 player server will cause server meltdown. We turned them all off exept LOS thingi and poof! Problem solved! Now imagine if it was part of vanila... Yeah, it would make large scale Coop mission's unplayable, unless they make it toggleble or something (like Advanced AI module in Iron Front) I would be against usage of this mods (or any kind of server killing AI) in vanilla...

What settings were you guys using for TPW?

Was this 50 players versus AI? Or were there also some AI part of player's groups?

Can't say I've tried it with that many human players... but did you try removing just Zeus? Also were you using 3.01 version of TPW? Firing vehicle MGs caused pretty bad lag for us with 3.01 and we had to turn it off.

Question which I know has been asked in the thread but there's too many pages to go through to find it.

Does both the Server and Client require the mod running to be effective, or can the server just be setup with this mod?

Does it work in similair to ASR_AI (where if run on the server then only the Server AI are implicated in the action, where if the client had the file then it would also include the client-side AI)

*Might be worth putting a note on the initial post to indicate this* (Unless it's there and I've missed it)

It should be more of a matter of how many AI, not players, but in any case, ASR_AI and Zeus AI are mostly redundant and even incompatible (due to introduction of a danger.fsm in ASR_AI v1.16) so you'd want to tune that setup. It only takes one bad/unoptimized script to get a server on it's knees.

Attempting a combination of ASR_AI, TPWCAS & LOS, and elements of COSLX (ai, dodge, id, findcover). It's safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing and will probably break things, but it'll be fun trying.

I run ASR_AI, tpwcas and LOS, and DAPMAN first aid with 400 AI ... seems to work fine for me on a dedi server. I think SLX would prolly cause the thing to melt.

For those running it on a Dedicated Server, are you also requiring your clients/users to also be running this mod (I'm looking for clarification as to whether both server & client both need it or whether I can just run it on the server standalone)

Hi LondonLad. According to our MP guru Ollem, in an earlier post, you need it running on both server and client. I'm pretty sure nothing has changed since the last time he announced that. If he can 100% confirm then I will update the 1st post accordingly.

For those running it on a Dedicated Server, are you also requiring your clients/users to also be running this mod (I'm looking for clarification as to whether both server & client both need it or whether I can just run it on the server standalone)

^what he said

Edited by SavageCDN
Ninja'd by tpw

I'm only running things server side and everything is working fine for me. The mission I have does spawn everything in realtime without any problems.