Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

New helicopter in resistance

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ June 20 2002,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think I read a interview a while back that stated that Gastovski will make his appereance a couple of times....not sure if I remember correctly though.....maybe I dreamt it biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wouldnt surprise me all that much. I mean Gastovski is the coolest character in OFP. Be interesting to see what his purpose will be....

new chopper?

well i saw in the mptest stringtable the word "Bicycle" so that is one if the things i look forword to...

Riding my cycle in the lovly natur looking at birds and trees enjoying the natu*SPLAT* [getting hit by a bus]

MPGAMES WHIT BICYCLES!!! YARH AND PLAYING CHICKEN

heres sum things i saw

grasp ladder

drop ladder(seens it in game dsnt do any thing)

gear down(ive seen this but there be sum people yet to get to the point to use that)

mission f**k experence decereas

civialan killed 100%

error in experssions: sum people think i smile funny

strings in reasources: leaveing strings around, sloppy

bofors: u know as much as me

use weapon: y not

thats where i reach the end of my smart arse comments and found bike anf moto bike and then found open(sounds like doors) hand gun on, hand gun off, and what looks like new single missions war cry hmm

I dont think they are gonna release a MH-6. There are already 2 different MH-6's being made... 1 by Capt Moore and 1 by us.

So if they were making a MH-6 then they would probably send us a email that they are also making one, so we dont release a MH-6 when BIS already released one. biggrin.gif

I think they should put one of those Bell things in that they used to have in the Whirlybirds when I was a kid. I don't know what it's called but they had them in M*A*S*H with the bubble cockpit.

And maybe Champion the Wonderhorse and Casey Jones driving his train over that bridge tounge.gif

A Hughes (or was it Bell) MD-500 would be nice. Now all we need is a Ferrari and a Tom Selleck character biggrin.gif

Magnum P.I. anyone tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vinsen @ June 21 2002,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think they should put one of those Bell things in that they used to have in the Whirlybirds when I was a kid. I don't know what it's called but they had them in M*A*S*H with the bubble cockpit.

And maybe Champion the Wonderhorse and Casey Jones driving his train over that bridge tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

thats the Bell 47

But my vote goes to a Bell Jetranger, i mean there one of the most popular if not THEY most popular tour guide helicopters out there.

Another likely choice is the As350B squirrel helicopter [bad spelling]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Jub-Jub Bird @ June 20 2002,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

the main character you play is a helicopter tour guide.<span id='postcolor'>

Where the hell did you hear that? confused.gif

Victor Troska is an ex-special forces soldier, and (I think Marek said this in some interview, not sure bout this) retired police chief of Nogova.

Helicopter tour guide... tounge.gif

How do you know that he didnt retire to the island and start up a helo tour guide buisness.

Im hoping for a civilian helicopter, an hughes 500 or a bell 206, perhaps even a small russian helicopter, a manuverable gunship, if the soviets even have such a thing as a small helicopter. Or.. they could always give us a bell 222 airwolf!

PDVD_045.jpg

ya, sure... i wish

Jub Jub Bird has a point. It's 1980s. The peak of the Cold War. So why would a tour guide chopper be of American origin on this Soviet island ? I hate to break this to all the Huey fans, but get a fucking grip already. Whenever anyone mentions "new chopper" you go bonkers with your "uhhh uhhh. it's probably a Huey".. No it's not !

It will probably be some Soviet civilian chopper from that era.

...no, no, no...I said it would be a civilian touring chopper!

If you read the storyline...it is posted on various websites around the place it does state that the main character is an EX-special forces dude who now runs civian helicopter tour guide business. However, the peace is broken when the soviets invade the island chain...that is Kolgujev, Malden, Everon and the one in which he lives...Nogovo. He sets up a resistance force with the locals. He is ex-military after all...he knows what he is doing...The only weapons they have a few handguns to start off with...but you must steal things from the Russian occupance. Now...it is set in the late 1970's, not the 1980's, a good few years before 'Cold War Crisis'. Ever wonder why the Resistance in the game at presence have AK47s whilst the Russians have AK-74s? And why in all things holy they have a T55? Because they stole the earlier models off the Russians when they occupied Nogovo, Malden and Everon those years earlier. Now later in the game the Americans join in to help out the resistance forces...much like they did in Afghanistan and if you look at the screen shots on the official sites you do see at least one A-10 flying overhead and one American soldier (possibly an early Gastovski?). This is probably the origins to the creation of the base on Malden...after all...there has to be a reason why they are there.

Now, come on people...use some intellegence! The main character is a civilian chopper tour guide pilot...so the new chopper MUST be a civilian one since there are no civilian chopers so far... So why are people saying, 'It'll be a Huey!' or 'It'll be a Littlebird!'?

I hope I made my point clear enough!

I just scan read through the official Operation Flashpoint: Resistance website and didn't actually find a mention to civilian chopper tour guides...but I have read it somewhere. But is does make it very clear the time scale, the fact that the character is now an EX-special agent and that the islands are ex-soviet, but get reinvaded, and make most of their income from agriculture and TOURISM.

Jubs

Advocate, you are still a know-it-all with an attitude problem. That isn't a good thing, if you haven't figured it out yet.

You and Jub-Jub Bird (beware) both said the same thing. I agree with the statement; you are both probably correct. Now, he says it in a good way. You, however, make a complete ass out of yourself. Has it never occurred to you that you might not be right? Or have you already ruled out that possibility? Someday you may learn otherwise, but I wouldn't count on it. Do you even see the difference between your post and Jub-Jub Bird's?

It won't happen, but I sincerely wish that somebody would ban this guy (it's been a long time since I've felt that someone needed banning). He does nothing toward making this forum a better place, but rather takes every opportunity to show everyone how smart he is, trampling on everyone else in the process and being a rude asshole in the process.

Ah well, I suppose he's here to keep this place from being perfect.

Hmm where is the statement that there will be a new chopper, I don't really think that there's new chopper in Resistance.

hhhmm, in the resistance video, wasn't the main character in a hangar office recieving a phonecall? i don't remember if there were planes or choppers there.

hmm some1 had too much cofee, played all the campaign in the pat 2 days to complete b4 resistance and confused the storylines