Sign in to follow this  
cork3y

ArmA 2 now, or wait for ArmA 3?

Hi guys, I have just recently decided to go from console gaming to PC gaming, so obviously I am buying a new computer. However, I will be unable to get the computer and build it myself until at earliest, the end of June.

So here is my problem. I seen ArmA 2 on Youtube and it looked awesome, then I seen the mods that you can do with it, such as Dayz. When I get my computer, will I buy Arma 2? Or will I wait for Arma 3? Another thing, will there be a dayz mod for Arma 3?

Thanks for your time.

NOTE: I know this is my second time posting, I posted it in the wrong section last time.

Buy both. You will miss out on all the A2 and Reinforcements (RNF) campaigns and missions if you buy only A3. Of course, buy A2 Combined Ops, and RNF to get PMC and BAF, some of the best content BIS has to offer. I would suggest playing through all of A2CO/RNF before starting on A3 to get a good feel of what BIS is about.

Buy both. You will miss out on all the A2 and Reinforcements (RNF) campaigns and missions if you buy only A3. Of course, buy A2 Combined Ops, and RNF to get PMC and BAF, some of the best content BIS has to offer. I would suggest playing through all of A2CO/RNF before starting on A3 to get a good feel of what BIS is about.

When you say RNF, PMC, and BAF, what do you mean by them? Are they addons to A2?

They are expansions with added units and campaigns.

I would also recommend you buy Arma2CO first for a couple of reasons. First being that it is an awesome achievement of a game and the amount of quality mods is mind blowing. We really don't know how Arma 3 will play though it looks insanely promising -it's still an unknown. Last, who knows when Arma 3 is actually coming out as delays are very common in PC games especially of this magnitude.

Wait until you play Eagle Wing, and free DLC mini-campaign (Chernarus-based, like A2 and DayZ) that comes in a patch to A2. Hold onto your socks. Your life will never be the same again.

Buy both to much to miss out on to wait for Arma3 to release,

end of the year for all we know, maybe next year.

Suggest getting Arma2 Combined ops.

Buy now as Combined Ops (Arma2+Operation Arrowhead as one) ... you can learn a lot from this before 3 arrives, Arma has a learning curve, support will be ongoing even after A3 release and there will be a period where mods & Maps (lots of them for CO right now) will take time to move over to Arma3 when its released.

Yeah, like everyone says here, get Arma2 CO(Combine Operations)now.

Besides, Arma2 Co is highly affordable at steam and perhaps even cheaper at Ebay. Anyways, welcome to the pc master race, lol.

I think ARMA 2 would be good to get because of DayZ, but its your choice.

Arma is Arma, Dayz is Dayz. Arma -prestige, DayZ - Public and Money!

I think ARMA 2 would be good to get because of DayZ, but its your choice.

Lol. ArmA2 is good per se.

If you buy ArmA2/OA, the decision to buy ArmA3 will make itself.

That's the truth.

Go get ArmA 2/OA . . . don't wait. In the meantime you will get familiar with the game mechanics and the controls before ArmA 3 is released.

Yeah definitely get it now. Like others have said you'll learn the game. maybe find a good group to play coop with so that soon as ArmA III comes out you can get straight into coop with them. Team play is what makes ArmA IMO and have a good group of people to play with WHO COMMUNICATE with each other is awesome.

I think all the ArmA's are great. It's good to have all of them if you want some variety, because they all have different missions. They're all fun, and all worth playing. :)

I couldn't agree more with Omac!

GET THEM BOTH! You'll hit yourself hard for NOT buying them and trying it out before ArmA 3 :)

that makes absolutely zero sence, to wait half a year, for arma 3, when you could already get yourself used with arma 2. 25€ for 2 games, with lots of interresting content, tons of various mulitplayer missions, awesome mods, and more...