Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

Looks really nice! I like the Vietnam Theme overall. WOuld love for BIS to make sth. like an Vietnam DLC for ArmA III

Looks really nice! I like the Vietnam Theme overall. WOuld love for BIS to make sth. like an Vietnam DLC for ArmA III

In fact, they once thought to make a Vietnam game :

Quote from the Dev Blog :

in the years immediately following the original release of Operation Flashpoint, our focus was based on riding on the wave of its success. Operation Flashpoint: Resistance was released one year later and to many of Bohemia's developers it is their favourite game to play to date. Sometimes, though, I feel we made a mistake not taking this even further, especially on the multiplayer and engine side, and by not extending it into a full-blown sequel. However, we didn't want to create a sequel at all back then. Instead, we wanted to do something completely different: an RPG Wild West game. Aside from prototyping it, we started numerous other ventures simultaneously: OFP: Elite for Xbox, VBS1, OFP2 in Vietnam and several other projects that did not come to fruition, but elements of which fed directly into later games. VBS1 was struggling to establish itself within the serious military domain (where its biggest rival was, surprisingly, a heavily modified Operation Flashpoint known as DARWARS Ambush!).

And also please create a rug Dsai like mod which enables the ai forces, the american and vietnamese to shout and call out during the combat /movement : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6092

You could get bunch of voice clips from various vietnam movies like , Apocalypse Now , Platoon , Full Metal jacket and so on

that's a shame they didn't make a vietnam expension pack.

I would have bought it immediately!

Don't see the reason about why BIS should release an expansion about Vietnam if there is already some one which is doing a quality job! :cc:

Not every mod should or needs to use the PR framework, i understand your opinion. But Arma2 mods have worked perfectly fine before PR came along.

No, not every mod should nor needs PR framework. But it would help in the public PvP aspect of mods which currently lack it. Imo most mods in public PvP side did not work perfectly well before 1.60 patch and still don't, even PR was horrible to play before it. There is and always has been room for improvements on the public PvP aspect of arma2 mods. Most importantly that it is completely non-existent in most of them.

I could not imagine what there is to lose from Unsung's ( or add any faction here) point if their units would be played in the public MP a lot more on top of the sp/coop and they still would get the credit for their work. I would be thrilled to play Vietnam stuff in public PvP and when there would not be a game going on, try some SP mission.

But yeah, i suppose this won't happen. I am just a dreamer... :-/

Edited by Atkins

Thx Max :) Improves...

No problem! I'm excited to see these old carbines and rifles in ArmA. Now I don't have to make them ^_^

No, not every mod should nor needs PR framework. But it would help in the public PvP aspect of mods which currently lack it. Imo most mods in public PvP side did not work perfectly well before 1.60 patch and still don't, even PR was horrible to play before it. There is and always has been room for improvements on the public PvP aspect of arma2 mods. Most importantly that it is completely non-existent in most of them.

I could not imagine what there is to lose from Unsung's ( or add any faction here) point if their units would be played in the public MP a lot more on top of the sp/coop and they still would get the credit for their work. I would be thrilled to play Vietnam stuff in public PvP and when there would not be a game going on, try some SP mission.

But yeah, i suppose this won't happen. I am just a dreamer... :-/

Well at the end of the day it is the choice of the Mod makers in what direction they wish to take, there are plenty of Mods out there that work perfectly fine for PvP. I for one have played the Unsung in a PvP setting and it worked fine. Also PvP only works best in an organised Tournament or Squad, I play in a squad for FUSION some of the members including myself use to run the EFL and ECL leagues for OFP and Arma respectively so PvP is quite simply possible.

Well at the end of the day it is the choice of the Mod makers in what direction they wish to take, there are plenty of Mods out there that work perfectly fine for PvP. I for one have played the Unsung in a PvP setting and it worked fine. Also PvP only works best in an organised Tournament or Squad, I play in a squad for FUSION some of the members including myself use to run the EFL and ECL leagues for OFP and Arma respectively so PvP is quite simply possible.

I agree that it is absolutely possible that way and possibly the best way (experience wise) indeed but that holds true for all games and mods out there. Planned, organized unit based fight nights are a good thing but rare. I was rather talking about public (non-unit) based PvP mp gameplay earlier. PR is the only one where that actually works in armaverse, imo. If u don't count DayZ ofc.

I was just getting this faction idea from PR:BF2 where there are already about 10 released factions and several on their way;

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f66-pr-bf2-community-factions

It creates diversity but all united still.

And also please create a rug Dsai like mod which enables the ai forces, the american and vietnamese to shout and call out during the combat /movement : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6092

You could get bunch of voice clips from various vietnam movies like , Apocalypse Now , Platoon , Full Metal jacket and so on

Already done :) i have been putting the last lot of sound files in our dsai. Wolfrug has been instrumental in getting the coding side of things done, at present we have close to 500 different voice files for both US and NVA / VC. Just today i have been adding another lot of files to the CIDG soldiers (viet english) !

The DSAI will be fully functional and we will expand it with each subsequent release. However adding sound recordings from the movies you mentioned are not always the way to go usually there is a lot of background noise or music. Its not always possible to filter out but, I have these videos in my collection and will revist them in due time.

Hi savage.

I just wonder about the campaign:

You told me that it will be an infantry camp.

However, will we be the leader of the team in the entire camp, or will there be missions in which we are led?

Thanks,

Wiki

Oo. Some more rifle advice. I do not believe the CAR-15 had a forward assist device, and it looks like your forward assist device might be modelled after the MGC M-16 Model Gun Corp Replica Rifle:

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/3/31/MGC16_Closeup.jpg

as opposed to the blended shape of the M-16 Forward Assist.

http://www.cybershooters.org/dgca/images/M16A1/teardrop.JPG

It might not be the case. It's difficult to tell. At any rate, the FA might be a smidge too long (too far forward on the receiver). Just some info in case you want it :)

Edited by Max Power

Hi savage.

I just wonder about the campaign:

You told me that it will be an infantry camp.

However, will we be the leader of the team in the entire camp, or will there be missions in which we are led?

Thanks,

Wiki

You are a SF Captain who is reassigned to camp Oscar. While some operations are assisted by other characters you are in control of your team. I really can't elaborate any further on this without giving the plot away you will just have to wait and see ;) . I am glad however some community members are actually interested in the campaign and its development. :)

Will you release the MIG-17 in the 2.5 ?

You are a SF Captain who is reassigned to camp Oscar. While some operations are assisted by other characters you are in control of your team. I really can't elaborate any further on this without giving the plot away you will just have to wait and see ;) . I am glad however some community members are actually interested in the campaign and its development. :)

I'm VERY interested. Is Warrior X involved ? I've got a blast with his Last Days in Vietnam campaign.

Unfortunately Warrior X is not with us this time around. The only 3 surviving members from our previous releases are Bigstone,Yac and myself. All the others have either moved on or enjoying some quality family time. However, we have recruited some new blood into our ranks and there is a new focus on where we are heading and how we go about it. Its a very exciting time at the moment for us. This release was meant to make our more stable and remove the inherent errors from previous releases. However , the extras we are throwing in are the icing on the cake, things we wanted to implement years ago are now coming to fruition.

Will you release the MIG-17 in the 2.5 ?

This one? :)

213a76285a8407c3gen.jpg

or this one ? :)

aebf8f7ce4d2bfa4gen.jpg

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

eheh looks awesome....can't wait to shoot it down with the F-4 Phantom :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Warrior X is not with us this time around. The only 3 surviving members from our previous releases are Bigstone,Yac and myself. All the others have either moved on or enjoying some quality family time. However, we have recruited some new blood into our ranks and there is a new focus on where we are heading and how we go about it. Its a very exciting time at the moment for us. This release was meant to make our more stable and remove the inherent errors from previous releases. However , the extras we are throwing in are the icing on the cake, things we wanted to implement years ago are now coming to fruition.

I wish you all the best and i'm looking forward playing the campaign :) (Beautiful plane BTW).

Thanks for your continious effort and hard work. I'm looking forward to the campaign too. Campaigns are my favourites.

Wish you all good luck and happy editing.

cheers :D

25logo.png

WIP REPORT # 2

We are still seeking help from modelers and config editors

A short a video of the DSAI and all my new weapon sounds in action all content still WIP.

BEWARE SOME STRONG LANGUAGE CONTENT, IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED PLEASE DON'T WATCH

PLEASE NOTE:

This video and its content is still a work in progress, not the final product. Slight lag seen in the video is due to FRAPS recording program. Slight distortion of sounds also due to FRAPS and ARMA II sound coding.

P0iJIaKPL-g

More WIP screenshots of our reworked weapons (Yes the brass deflector on the Car15 will be removed prior to release :) )

M1911

m1911l.jpg

China Lake Pump Action Grenade Launcher

chinalake.jpg

Car-15

car15u.jpg

New Foliage WIP

forest3.jpg

forest1t.jpg

forest2.jpg

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

The new screens are looking really awesome. My sincere compliments.

Waiting patiently for a new release. Thanks for your outstanding mod.

Cheers