Sign in to follow this  
Ragid1

Please don't make this M

Hey just wanted to start this post to see if anyone else could support me in trying to get Bohemia Interactive to not make this an M rated game, you can still do a lot of features without having to make it M, and if its teen more people will be able to buy it, i personally know a lot of people who would buy this game unless its rated M, so please try to keep it teen, thanks and please no flaming or trying to convince me M games are fine (though if you think that i respect your opinion).

Not possible as long as there is killing, blood and harsh language included.

And I doubt that there are many players around who agree on removing that to attract more kids players.

Besides that, there are enough 13 year olds around already who are not able to write one sentence without errors, have no manners and screw up games whenever they see a chance. We surely don't need more of them. :)

And I doubt that there are many players around who agree on removing that to attract more kids players.

Besides that, there are enough 13 year olds around already who are not able to write one sentence without errors, have no manners and screw up games whenever they see a chance. We surely don't need more of them. :)

indeed +1

That's not entirely fair as there are teens that will play a game respectfully just as there are unfortunately 'adults' with horrible attitudes. That said I agree, it is not really possible to make this game suitable for an M rating, though in many cases the grammar of in game dialogue has been far more offensive than any of the language used! ;)

Blood - You could turn it off or set it to Low in the options.

Language... Eh... So many movies and TV shows already got more than that.

I don't think BI is consciously going for any specific rating. We include things that we feel are necessary or add to the experience and then it's other people's job to see how offensive it is in the end.

Aside from blood and language, most of BI's games have had murder, mass graves, atrocities, or other crimes as pinion points in the plot. I really think that no amount of blood or swearing (or lack thereof) would change the rating with those things present.

Has a rating ever stopped anyone in the history of mankind from playing or seeing something? Who cares.

Has a rating ever stopped anyone in the history of mankind from playing or seeing something? Who cares.

I believe it should. That's what it's there for.

edit: and it does sometimes. I think Walmart won't sell certain games to minors or something.

Blood - You could turn it off or set it to Low in the options.

Language... Eh... So many movies and TV shows already got more than that.

And? By now it should be clear to every gamer that TV != games. What is accepted in TV is long time not accepted in games. And the option to disable blood won't change a rating because, well you know it: It can be enabled by anyone in seconds. Invalid argument.

I believe it should. That's what it's there for.

edit: and it does sometimes. I think Walmart won't sell certain games to minors or something.

In a perfect world where everyone obeys the rules and laws maybe. But that's not the case. :)

Those who want a game get it, no matter what. If not as pirated copy then bought by an older friend. Otherwise we wouldn't have kids playing ArmA or being almost drunk to death every weekend. If someone wants something really bad, he will get it. No rating would change that and if they make the rating label using 90% of the cover size.

In a perfect world where everyone obeys the rules and laws maybe. But that's not the case. :)

Those who want a game get it, no matter what. If not as pirated copy then bought by an older friend. Otherwise we wouldn't have kids playing ArmA or being almost drunk to death every weekend. If someone wants something really bad, he will get it. No rating would change that and if they make the rating label using 90% of the cover size.

Now that I think of it, I don't think Zipper5 or I should have been playing Operation Flashpoint all those years ago. :p

I think the opposite.

There must be more blood, dismemberment, massgraves, and horrible situations. I sometimes feel that battles in arma feels to clean to be 'real'. I also believe that anyone who really want to play Arma 3 will get the game. In the same way as people get their hands on games like GTA. Ratings does not change that much I believe. As little as the alcohol laws stop teenagers to consume alcohol. If they want it, they'll ask their parents, or older friends to get it and get drunk.

+ Going to war without blood and swearing... nooooot right :D

CWC didn't have any swearing in it, and I think it came off pretty well :)

Now that I think of it, I don't think Zipper5 or I should have been playing Operation Flashpoint all those years ago. :p

i was 9 when me and my brother started playing OFP :p

EDIT: on the subject of age ratings, a little and true story i tell when i hear those words.

I went into game to buy the first BF:Bad company, the bloke wouldnt sell it to me cause i was 15 and it was 16+ (he knew me)...went over to HMV, got the limited edition version and it was 15's

CWC didn't have any swearing in it, and I think it came off pretty well :)

That's true. I think many games misuse swearing these days. Incorporating it into a story should make the characters seem more gritty and believable. Most of the time it just comes off as childish and inappropriate in games, movies and books.

I don't see how shooting people is anything less than M, blood or no. The swearing in game is far less than in the military, trust.

I don't see how shooting people is anything less than M, blood or no. The swearing in game is far less than in the military, trust.

But really, what is the point? I'm 14 and enjoy this game series and would prefer if it didn't have all these swear words. But then again, you already have people cursing in multilayer a lot...but still, fewer swear words, the better.

That's true. I think many games misuse swearing these days. Incorporating it into a story should make the characters seem more gritty and believable. Most of the time it just comes off as childish and inappropriate in games, movies and books.

:biggrin_o: (click on the pic above)

Edited by colossus

Very good example. :D

But really, what is the point? I'm 14 and enjoy this game series and would prefer if it didn't have all these swear words. But then again, you already have people cursing in multilayer a lot...but still, fewer swear words, the better.

The point is, killing is okay but words aren't? It's topic for a discussion not needed on this site but we as humans need to evolve past "bad" words anyway.

:D An excellent point well put! But didn't you know? As good old Mr Lenton explained it was all in the name of "fun, fun, fun"!

well people that dont want to hear harsh language and see blood and all that dont have to buy this game.

I have never been stopped by ratings, but it might be because I buy my games from Steam. My mother knows that I wont go around swearing or shooting people like a madman just because I play a wargame, aslong as you teach a child what is right and wrong early on and that games a fictional and not real, I dont really think kids are affected by such things as foul language and gore.

BIS should replace bullets with flowers and soldiers ingame should call each other "sir" and "gentleman" instead of using that naughty F word.

Edited by metalcraze