Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

I guess you're in voice Activation. Then check the Automatic detection. It may have changed with ACRE. It's a "bug".

Try to untick theses box. It should forbidden ACRE to modify your Voice Detection.

I'm guessing this has been suggested before, but would it be possible to use a program to have a microphone voice activate based on mouth movement using webcam?

Hey, I've been having some very weird ACRE issues. At some point during a game (it generally happens with more radios) my audio will become really choppy, as will my mic. This continues even if I quit ARMA and listen to music or something. Restarting ARMA and TS does not fix it, only a full restart of the computer does. Here is my error log:

www.pastebin.com/QAz9f254

From what I can tell the problem is the "|Windows Audio Session| | Got 2 or more rendering spaces in same loop 441 1323 882 " part. I have tried many different things to fix it, such as

Reinstalling TS and ACRE multiple times

Updating my audio drivers

Buying a sound card

Reinstalling ARMA

Reinstalling Windows

None of those have worked. Do any of you know what could be happening? I've exhausted my own debug resources. Thank you for any help you can give.

System specs:

CPU: i5-2500K

Mobo: MSI P67a-GD65

Video card: ATI 5850

RAM: 8GB Corsair

HDD: 1TB 7200rpm Western Digital

You've tried setting playback mode to direct sound, yes?

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

I have a suggestion for ACRE.

It is fairly simple in TS3 to make a sound replacement pack. Would it be possible to have ACRE disable the sound notifications by default, or change them to empty/fully quiet sounds?

Or could this be done even when the pipe is open?

So so many public players don't realise how to remove the "User joined your channel" etc...

I've tried before and it didn't work, but that was awhile ago. I'll give it another shot next time.

My friend needs some help to solve his ACRE problems.

Running TS 3.0.9.2 and ACRE 1.4.10

Used to work just fine.

- No UAC settings (turned off)

- Reinstalled JayArma2Lib

- Reinstall TS3

- Tried what sickboy suggested earlier (resetting local group policy)

Anything else he can try?

Okay but what is the problem? Error message?

Did it already worked on his PC or not? Try turn UAC on. I read on the previous page that it fixed someone's problem..

TS 64 on Win 64 with 64.dll?

He can tick the "ACRE" plugin in TS3? Without error message? But it don't work in game that's it? He gets "pipe error"?

Edit ; When in game does TS3 shows "Arma2 connected: yes" Or not?

"Clik on your name and check on the right side panel."

Edited by hon0

Thank you for your response.

It used to work perfectly fine, I think before TS3 3.0.9 and above.

He tried to set UAC to default and starting TS3/A2CO/Steam as Admin. Nothing.

TS32, ACRE32, WIN32.

ACRE (in-game) says it has experienced a pipe error.

TS3 says: Connected to A2: No.

He installed it himself? Or with six or something else?

CBA runs fine?

Use Arma2 launcher insteed of steam command line.

He tried both six updater and downloading it manually. There is no problem with CBA or ACE.

He has tried to launch it with SU/Steam and Armarize.

woops sorry i didn't read the post before , i experienced the same bug he should install ts3 64 bits ! this pipe error happen to me when i was with a 64 bit os and a 32 bit ts3 client

Edited by M1n1d0u

Heya Nou. Can you please link me with a proper docs on how to use acre_clientside_config.hpp?

Ive tried utilising it but seems to not work.

Tried this

/*
Serverside configs for switching players in your game between channels during briefing vs while in game
This allows for dynamic TVT breifings without having to manually move peoples channels

*/
class TVT_ChannelSwitch {

mode = 1;

class gameChannel {
	id = 5984;
	password = "";

joinDelay = 1;
};
class bluChannel {
	id = 9387;
	password = "";

joinDelay = 1;
};
class redChannel {
	id = 9386;
	password = "";

joinDelay = 1;
};
class civChannel {
	id = 9389;
	password = "";

joinDelay = 1;
};
class indChannel {
	id = 9388;
	password = "";

joinDelay = 1;
};
};

Channel IDs are correct, for channels I wish to use, but its still not working. Am I missing something? This userconfig is on the server, and I know it says server side config, but would all clients need this config for it to work or is it something else?

And please explain what is "mode = 0;" param, and "joindelay = 1;" , and what are global requirements for this to work, except the obvious.

Thanks.

Edited by _MaSSive

TBH that is the first time I have seen that config stuff! :p

I don't think this was ever fully implemented. Maybe Jaynus can fill it in better, but I think his internet is still out... :@

Sorry Cuel. I've no more idea.. Triple check the instalation. Give him your folder.. Don't know... :confused:

@ Massive if you're admin you should use TS3 Mass Mover Plugin.

Just awesome if you know a minimum TS and Macro :bounce3:

TBH that is the first time I have seen that config stuff! :p

I don't think this was ever fully implemented. Maybe Jaynus can fill it in better, but I think his internet is still out... :@

Oh wow I was hoping this would work its a nice feature, and hustle free. Can you guys look it up and make it operate?

@hon0

Yes I know how to do that but unfortunately my TS3 is rented from hosting service, and I dont have access to server machine so I cant run anything there.

Just seen its a client plugin but still I dont want to move everyone to specific channel I want them sorted per specific channels same as they are on game server, and this config file was promising to do that...well at least it was until Nou came and blew up my bubble :o

Guess Ill have to wait for Jaynus to tell me more or use some sort of scripting in missions to make it work, or perhaps server side scripting solution.

Having a issue with ACRE and I after some advice on how to solve it

For some reason I am having an issue as follows :- when I press to talk I transmit fine and everyone can hear me, BUT when i finish transmitting and receive a reply I see their TS light on but cannot hear them? - it seems that if they reply straight away after my transmit I am unable to hear them , if they wait say 5 seconds after my transmit to finish and transmit there reply to me I can hear them?!

It is like my transmit is taking longer time to close the connection.

Any idea's or anyone seen this before , it is driving me mad as i miss most if not all reply's to my radio messages. It seems it only happens to me during the game as all other players are fine. It only happens after i transmitt

Hello Psvialli.

Are you In Voice Activation? If yes. Then I'm almost sure the problem come from there. Your transmission is over after the "End Bip". If they answer before hearing that bip. Then it's them fault..

Also check this setting on TS3.

http://db.tt/XO6DTeG8

Always talk between the two bip.

Thanks for the advice I am on Push to talk and they do say they hear the Beep, but ill try your suggestion on the link and see if that helps !

Cheers

Do not tick it. Untick it if it is :rolleyes:

Any fix for "call acre_api_fnc_setCurrentRadioState;" not working?

Edited by eagledude4