Sign in to follow this  
mrmax

Is ofp  mp dead?

hey i just posted on what i hear guys i still say OFP is the best game their is for that type of game.

All i did was relay what is told to us in are forums on why people are not playing anymore. in game voice was only one of the things said but it was the most talked about option missing for it.

I also stated many other things in my other post too.

Hell i know suma and the rest of BIS works their ass off to make this game better i never said they didn't.

And i must also say we have had are share of sharing info to them to help make the game better for all too.

I'm just pointing out why OFP is taking a quick drop on the MP side of things.

I just hope Restiance does more good then harm to ofp and my meaning by that is patches bug's etc.

To a game that i feel was working just perfect before the mp beta came out.

And to really tell you the truth before the mp beta came out are server was maxed out with players all the time everyday as i can say the same was true with alot of other servers too.

in 1.46 there would be heaps of lagg intire games would pratically come to a halt for up to 5mins after we had fill every with with 30 rounds of ammo and they all died at once and other things 1.6 is a massive improvement i hated the voice chat we kept having to ask people to shut the mic off and alot of the time even on fast connections it would become garbled if u want voice get an external prog multitasking is very good in ofp. The server browser is also very good it finds the same servers eye dose and gives u the info u need. The only bugs i got is ghosts and sum very bad joining probs which happen 1/3 times i join a server that when it dosnt work requires reboot its beta tho so wat u expect. Also with all this beta and 1.46 people have been divided between the two sum people dont even know what it is. It wont get to the same scale as other mp games due to the join in progress prob which makes things like massive ongoing wars and things very hard to do. They have said jip isnt possible but we can dream.

Yeah OFP MP is certainly dead and buried, so say 50+ guys in my squad, 10-25 of which play every night...lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ June 17 2002,11:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.6 is a massive improvement i hated the voice chat we kept having to ask people to shut the mic off and alot of the time even on fast connections it would become garbled if u want voice get an external prog multitasking is very good in ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

Why didn't you disable voice chat in the dedicated server config file? I don't remember which one it was, but it can certainly be done. External programs for voice chat suck big time, since things like Vehicle Channel, Group Channel etc. would be impossible. That way you won't get noise pollution as each group talks in it's own channel. Can't stress how important Vehicle Channel is for example in tank combat...

By the way, i'm pretty sure BIS will implement MUTE command for Admin to tune down offensive voice users.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ June 17 2002,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah OFP MP is certainly dead and buried, so say 50+ guys in my squad, 10-25 of which play every night...lol<span id='postcolor'>

Plus we all are from Finland, on a password protected server wink.gif Worldwide there must be quite alot of more players, so I certainly would not call OFP MP dead... For me, OFP Single player is dead as I pretty much only play online now, at least until resistance comes out with its new high quality campaign

Dont agree with you there Blake!

Not all external voice programs sucks... We use TeamSpeak (free) with great success in OFP and just set up several channels to be used by different players as needed. One channel for the tank crew another for the Aplha assualt team, one more for helicopter crew and so on.... All channels switchable within OFP if you set it up right.

Suggest you give TeamSpeak a try! Beats RW, BC and others we tried. It also uses least bandwidth of them all.

http://www.teamspeak.net

When it comes to BIS support my opinion is that they do a very good job! If you do not agree try to get support from Novalogic on their DF series? BIS is a relative small company and I rather have them working on and improving OFP than chit chat with us here in the forums. It's been proven quite some times that they do listen to fans suggestions!

Regarding the status of OFP multiplayer I think it's far from dead, just resting until OFP: Resistance unifies us all again! Another thing to remember is that it's summer in the northern hemisphere so I think on-line games have a backseat for many ppl until the fall is here again wink.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Regarding the status of OFP multiplayer I think it's far from dead, just resting until OFP: Resistance unifies us all again! Another thing to remember is that it's summer in the northern hemisphere so I think on-line games have a backseat for many ppl until the fall is here again <span id='postcolor'>

I really hate to say this but it is truly dieing a fast death for MP.

How can I say this look at all seeing eye or even some of your bigger servers out their. their empty of Reg's but at night time you well see some younger kids on them. But in no way well the servers be full like they were before.

That's a plain fact. but dont take my word for it look for your self.

As for the summer thing and people doing other stuff and not playing online *cough* lol look at are Jedi Knight 2 server it's packed and its hard as hell to even get into the server cause it's too full half the time. and also are counter strike servers are more then always full never empty. in fact right now we have are main server full and are second server has room for 2 people before its packed.

Like I said in my first post on this on this topic. People were not happy with being beta testers all over again for a game that had no major problems with it "OFP" not restiance.

And if you think about it the beta MP came out not that long ago and it well be more then likely the net code on the CD when the game is shipped so like I said the first thing people well have to do is patch the darn thing first to even play online.

Second think about all the maps that have to be redone now cause of the ammo boxes etc etc and new stuff added to Restiance.

Myself as a map maker looks as this as someone dropped the ball on us. Their is no way I well fix 200 MP maps that I have made because of this ever. I dont have the time for stuff like that.

And especially after my maps were tested and complete before all this.

Also the in game voice thing it was giving to us why take it away from us. and for the people that bitch about it servers can turn off voice it's no big deal if you hate it so much just a little change in the server file.

I hear people saying battle com rw etc etc are great.

but look at this way people want to play a game and have fun they do not want to set up another program for voice etc and mess around with that junk while trying to play the game.

The less work involved say putting a game CD in and playing it is about how far people well go.

Also someone stated in game voice sucked cause noobs would abuse it.

Well how hard would it be really and think about it for BIS to put a players name on the person talking in the message window.

Or even better yet when you hit your I key during the game and see the people in the lobby waiting for the next game put a little voice sing by the person talking by their ping time or somewhere else near by it.

So go ahead flame me toss me what ever you want to do I love OFP and I hate to see it in the state it is in right now.

I just hope for all the true OFP players out their that when Restiance comes out we well not to have to deal with a game that needs patch after patch cause even knowing BIS works their ass off working on this game to make it perfect.

Patches and bugs well kill it and removing game features we already had can never do a game good in most players eye's.

The "problem" with OFP still is the fact that it is not as easy to play online as Jedi Knight 2 or Counter Strike or Quake or something... In those games you can just click a server and get going and start shooting people and such, but with OFP things are different, as there is no on-join (which is imo fine) and the purpose of the game is alot different than just goin around and shooting everything that moves, ofp is a war simulator, and it needs teamplay to be really enjoyable in multiplayer. This is very hard to accomplish in public servers, and thats why ofp mp hasnt got that big publicity, but playing OFP online with people you know is very, very, very fun and there is no game out there that compares to that...

Rage: The in-game voice isnt being taken away, the MP Test just didnt have it coded in yet as far as I know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can I say this look at all seeing eye or even some of your bigger servers out their. their empty of Reg's but at night time you well see some younger kids on them. But in no way well the servers be full like they were before. <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol look at are Jedi Knight 2 server it's packed and its hard as hell to even get into the server cause it's too full half the time. and also are counter strike servers are more then always full never empty. in fact right now we have are main server full and are second server has room for 2 people before its packed.<span id='postcolor'>

You are talking about the CS-KIDS. The little 12 year olds or at least 12-17 Age group that asks mummy if they can play some internet before they get read a story.

Operation Flashpoint appeals to an older generation who does not have 24/7 to spend playing it. Hell, I wish I did. But I have to work, I admin a server and I can't even spend that much time.

If having the server full only at certain times is the price I have to pay to play with a mature age group then that's cool with me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Like I said in my first post on this on this topic. People were not happy with being beta testers all over again for a game that had no major problems with it "OFP" not restiance.<span id='postcolor'>

So If I look through the forums I will see no posts from you asking for improvements? I will see nothing but praise for a flawless game that need not ever be patched again?

BIS don't just decide they wanna make a new patch for no reason. They are dutifully responding to the requests of their fans and addressing concerns with the product that we have laid before them. Whether you are tired of beta testing is irrelevant. You simply cannot improve a product without this process.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Myself as a map maker looks as this as someone dropped the ball on us. Their is no way I well fix 200 MP maps that I have made because of this ever. I dont have the time for stuff like that.

And especially after my maps were tested and complete before all this.<span id='postcolor'>

This problem has been resolved in one of the updates that you are so sick of beta testing smile.gif There is no need to update your missions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Also the in game voice thing it was giving to us why take it away from us. and for the people that bitch about it servers can turn off voice it's no big deal if you hate it so much just a little change in the server file.

I hear people saying battle com rw etc etc are great.

but look at this way people want to play a game and have fun they do not want to set up another program for voice etc and mess around with that junk while trying to play the game.

The less work involved say putting a game CD in and playing it is about how far people well go.

Also someone stated in game voice sucked cause noobs would abuse it.

Well how hard would it be really and think about it for BIS to put a players name on the person talking in the message window.

Or even better yet when you hit your I key during the game and see the people in the lobby waiting for the next game put a little voice sing by the person talking by their ping time or somewhere else near by it.

<span id='postcolor'>

Some of your post does not make sense, you are well aware of why voice was not implemented in the netcode beta test. Suma advised that this feature will be implemented later. We would of got the netcode a lot later if they had to design voice over sockets, before it was running using the Directplay, now they will need to license someone elses voice over net engine or create their own from scratch.. Give them a break, they are not taking anything from you. It is simply not implemented in this beta netcode test.

I was not aware of a way to disable voice for dedicated servers in 1.46, I kept asking for one as that problem was plagueing me for a long time, and I am very glad to be rid of it in version 1.60.

It is admirable that you are concerned about the OFP MP community and value your regulars, this is a period of change and once things are stable again you can expect a more consistant flow of players onto the dedicated servers.

Lt_Damage

this goes to just you.

First I try not to flame BIS for their work and game. On this public forum anymore. Cause i know they go out of their way to fix things for it.

Second the game OFP had no problems with it until the MP beta came out the first one thats when everyone lost it.

Third We try not to post bugs etc anymore on these public forums cause of the amount of post from everyone and since we "ED the owner of are server" can send email directly to suma

smile.gif  since we did alot of testing for them. and tryed are best to give are info on many things for OFP the cheat problem when it first came out. and other problems when they to came out to.

But I have posted about some serious bugs in the MP beta in that topic too just to let you know.

Also We had no problems with Ver 1.46 BIS had everything worked out in are eyes. We never had lag. like some people say etc etc it was the golden patch for OFP.

As for voice we have been told a totaly diffrent story then what has been told on these forums about it from BIS. In fact they dont even know if they can do it and they were thinking about adding something like RW built into the game. And that was told to us during the E3 show on are server when they stoped by to play a game and ask us what we would like seen changed or added.

As for are CS and other servers lmao kids 15-17 omg get real most of the players on are server range from 20 to 55 if you dont belive me look at are fourms. www.fraghaus.com

Now for are ofp crowd of people they range  a diffrent age group we have a couple of great reg's from 17-20 and a shit load of guys from 21-55  funny as it sounds its the guys that are older 21-55 that are not playing anymore and are playing other MP games until BIS can work these problems out.

Now for the voice im sorry you didnt know about the command to turn it off but i recall alot of topics in this part of the forum about it hell i know we have said how to do it here and Radishville has to many many times. in fact i belive Stoners server was at all time's no voice with 1.46

But again what do i know im just one person here trying to state why OFP is taking a dumb right now. Also i didnt start this topic and i see many people say the very same thing im saying to.

Also you or anyone look throw this topic these are not just nobodies posting here these are people that have added alot to ofp people that run servers people that have made some great addons for the game and also some great map makers it's funny how these people that have put so much into this game for everyone else can only see what im saying and the real truth about the state of OFP MP right now.

The cs players might be 22-55 they sure as hell dont act like it, go to one of the cs forums and all u will see is crap about cheaters and nonse posts. U say 1.46 had nothing wrong with it, u might have noticed the mp lag with 1.6 its 100% improvment. Also as kegety said its not your simple join and shoot kinda play theres a hell of a lot to learn, in this cs game(which im happy to say i dont play) u just join and dm away nothing to learn no team mates to worrie about its just about killin, and theres the waitin i have had to wait up to 45mins once. Coop is what ofp is all about lots of team work and things to do. With team vs team they dont last long ususally up to 30mins because people hate waitin and u drop people left right and center. Iwould like to see jip one day that could be customiseable by the mission maker so u could say howmany can be in the game if u can join while its being played etc or can other players assmue control over ai players and so on, not so good for most coops but for things like the rts and team vs team type games it would rock.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrmax @ June 13 2002,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi,

I've been playing OFP since early July last year.  I was one of about 50 early US players that bought the UK version so I could sample this great game.<span id='postcolor'>

i live in the US and i got the European version right when it came out in the US, in early july. I find it hard to believe that there were only 50 people in the US to have it.

As for mp, i dont think its dead, just at a slow period. Lots of people have summer jobs. Some people are still using 1.46, and the rest are using 1.6. So thats divided the people. And i think some people are waiting for resistance. So dont give up faith in mp, i think it will be revived when ofpr comes out. And kegs was right about this game not being like cs and quake mp wise. You dont just pop in and shoot people for 5 minutes and leave. It takes team work and communication. Ive only gotten in a few good ofp coop games ever, and those were very very fun.

One of the basic issues with multiplayer IMO is the fact that operation flashpoint is not a first person shooter. It is of course much more than that; I guess some kind of fps/sim/rts hybrid. I haven’t played "all" of the FPS games available so I may be missing some setups but in general people fire up their fps of choice select multiplayer and get into the action straight away. If the game type is death-match join and shoot at anything that moves, capture the flag- if you are on red team shoot all the blue guys and grab that flag. Not counting delta force there isn’t a lot of games that do co-op style missions*.

So you’ll see endless questions/complaints from people in the lobby wondering/whining about when the next game starts. I am really an rts gamer, lured to the dark side by flashpoint smile.gif so waiting for a game is nothing new for me but it sure seems to bug some folks. I definitely don’t enjoy the wait but is part of the game, and I'd hate to loose the feel of the game just to allow joining games on-the-fly.

So a typical new player who managed to survive the "excruciating boredom" tounge.gif of the lobby is finally in to the pre-game screen. Once they are in the game and its a ctf/team game they don’t know friend from foe and end up tk'ing and get blasted as a 'noob'. Or in a co-op they tk and are a 'dumba$$ noob' or get themselves killed in the first couple of minutes and fly around as a seagull for half an hour. The effect of having only one chance is either you do your best not to get killed and keep your head down or you get a round in the head and watch the action from the sky. Everyone hates getting killed early in the game, but you can learn from your mistake/curse your bad luck and wait for the next round or think 'this game sux' and quit.

Don’t get me wrong this has nothing to do with the game as such, it is more a people problem. Most of the "issues" that some of us get upset about are what sets Operation Flashpoint apart. When jumping into mp there is a very steep learning curve, even steeper if the server is in advanced mode. It takes time to be able to recognise the difference between the uniforms and whether that player is carrying an m16/ak74/m60/pk at 100 meters. If people try multiplayer after a few quick single player missions they are probably going to a bit lost to say the least. Busting a newbies chops for making a mistake might make you feel better and maybe that "damned newbie" will learn something but he might take the cd out of the drive and put it back in the box too, scratch one more player for mp games.

Then there is the players that want or expect instant action cant understand why there isn’t a server with 40 people sitting there waiting for them to log on before starting. Well in reality not a lot can be done for them and maybe it's for the best anyway. smile.gif  But seriously for most people with a job/family/real life commitments waiting half an hour to start a game when you only have an hour to play for can feel like an eternity but that is the nature of the game.

For me one of the great strengths of the game is Team Work. Team work is probably an alien concept in most deathmatch/free for all style gamers and dieing is only a number in your stats at the end of the game. So folks who previously played these types of games will either adapt or move to greener pastures, again not a lot the flashpoint "community" can do about it. Unfortunately (or fortunately) as history has proven you cant please all of the people all of the time.

/me puts rose coloured glasses on

The anonymity of the web perhaps sometimes encourages bad behaviour such as team killing, bad language and abuse of admin powers but if the community doesn't tolerate it we may see less of it and more players enjoying more games.

/me takes rose coloured glasses off

"If you see the flash ... you are already dead" was a great logo for the box but "Like nothing you've played before" is every bit as accurate.

* I could be wrong.... It’s happened before and it'll happen again.

tounge.gif

Rage_Frost,

Might I suggest if you are going to send emails directly to BIS, also post in the forums as it serves the other players to make them aware of bugs and the fixes for them.

You sound quite happy that the developer let's your admin email him, I am happy for you, I hope it makes you feel complete. confused.gif

As for voice over net I was aware of one way to disable it but it caused very slow connection times. (I should of done it anyway as I'm getting very slow connection times with 1.60 anyway) tounge.gif

I'm actually glad that in-game chat is not in the new MP code, and unless there's an effective way for admins to see who is talking or abusing it, then I don't want it.

Sure, it's fun when you're playing coop or something, but to be honest with you, I never had much use for it in normal MP games, especially with a lot of ppl. Of course, I'm a fairly fast typer, so maybe that's why I don't care as much. I just remember how many times we've gotten lamers that keep talking and completely disrupting the game for everyone. The negatives of Voice Over IP as currently implemented in the game FAR outweigh the positives I've seen. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to strangle some Arschloch for continuously yelling crap into the mic, or some moron who decides they want to share their music with us during the game by holding their mic up to their speakers while blasting something completely incoherent. When you can't even hear Sabot rounds going off in the game because of VOIP then you know it's bad.

Grrrr.

Anyway, if they implement it again, all I ask is for some way to monitor who's using and abusing the system. If that can't be done, then an effective way of disabling it or muting it from within the game would be awesome. How about each player could have a mute button or something? That way if you have some bloody obnoxious little twat-faced loud mouth driving everyone insane with his inane chatter, you could click mute and then he'd be talking to himself.

Otherwise, I think Opflash now has kept me captive longer than any other game I've ever had. I used to play Action Quake 2 for a long time, then came Half-Life and I played several mods including CS and AHL for quite some time after it came out. Opflash took everything to the next level, and I haven't been able to put it down since.

All of the other quake-based FPS games are simply versions of the same old tired shooters that I grew bored with after playing CS. Nothing yet compares to the scope of Opflash.

That's not to say it doesn't have major shortcomings, primarily the 3D engine needs some work in these areas:

-Water really needs to be more realistic. Right now it's like the ocean is a wading pond that kills you.

-The terrain is nice, but it isn't truly 3D, i.e. no tunnels, caves, etc. Also, true Rivers and bridges would be great. And how about some ramps for jumping those sports cars! =)

-Buildings are simple objects that look nice, but otherwise are not very functional. Building should be much more "solid" and perhaps made from the 3D engine rather than being models.

-Soldier animations and reactions to certain things are just strange. If you fall from a tall height, your soldier still keeps his stance, but just sort of topples over. It looks really bizarre. Also, hit detection is good, but the damage detail isn't too great. Perhaps something where the soldiers could get body parts blown off? SOF2 actually has a great system there.

-Vehicles don't have true brakes. For example, in a sports car when you slow down, it takes forever to stop. you should be able to slam on the brakes and lock up the tires and skid to a stop rather than that gradual slowdown. I would say the brakes on the sports cars are worse than the big trucks. They all need better and more realistic brakes.

Well there's other stuff, but those are the shortcomings. The game is very solid overall, but we've gotta have something to complain about! =)

Yeah, I have to agree with that, no other game has held me this long before.

I hosted a TFC server, then a DOD server, then a Red Faction server and admitedly, all were MUCH easier to admin, but nowhere near as much fun to play.

The way i look at it, if resistance' netcode is the same as 1.60 in it's current state, I will probably continue hosting a 1.46 server. I've already been through enough headaches dealing with the bugs we've had in the past, and am not really in the mood for more:-) On the other hand, if Resistance is at LEAST as stable and bugfree as 1.46, I'll gladly switch and not look back.

All these things aside though, I recognise that while OFP has been one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played, some of it is because it has so many original features, and an amazing sense of freedom. None of these things are really copyrightable, so if another, larger game company gets it right the first time, with a similar formula, better marketing, and better support for administrators, I'll probably close up shop and move on

Just my 2c though :-).

Still think the summer has something to do with the recent decline but of course I can't prove it tounge.gif

Most co-op fellows in OFP and F4 I know are family men and have quite a few other things to attend to when the sun is shining here in Sweden (i.e family, boats, house, holiday and so on).

I do agree that the new netcode in OFP: Resistance is critical for it's success and BIS/CM better have it stable within a reasonable time after it's release or even better have it stable on the release the 28th (T-10 days).

Personally I'm looking forward to buying OFP: Resistance and support BIS since OFP is one of the greatest games I ever played! It's multiplayer capabilities was shaky (and I mean real shaky) in the start but along the way BIS have showed us all that they care and have been doing their best to fix most issues and listen to our requests...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Angry Radish @ June 19 2002,05:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All these things aside though, I recognise that while OFP has been one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played, some of it is because it has so many original features, and an amazing sense of freedom. None of these things are really copyrightable, so if another, larger game company gets it right the first time, with a similar formula, better marketing, and better support for administrators, I'll probably close up shop and move on

Just my 2c though :-).<span id='postcolor'>

Not exactly loyal fan material are you? confused.gif

Well there are plenty of diehard OFP fan's so it's not really a great loss.

I believe like any game OFP has some bizarre quirks but would you like to give an example of a game that even comes close to it?

Personally my money is on BIS for delivering the goods, they have the skill, the knowhow, and most important of all they are pretty dedicated to having a good product, not just moneyspinners.

Loyalty isn't really in the equation for me..it's a form of entertainment, not military service, in which I served loyally for 9 years. I agree, this is an amazing game, and there is nothing like it out there right now, which is why I've put my resources into hosting a ded server for the game since it first came out. Though I have to admit when we were having the MAJOR bugs, like choppers killing you in midair for no reason, etc.., I looked around to see if there was a comperable game to switch to, there were none, so I toughed it out :-)

I'm just saying that the game still has some rough edges, and I hope they all get cleared up in resistance, because sooner or later, someone WILL come out with a game like this one, only they might have a cleaner product, etc.., and steal players away from OFP.

I'm not saying they aren't in it for the bucks, I'm just saying that BIS has done all the grunt work, and blazed a new trail in gaming, but that won't prevent another company from taking all that, adding a few other items,and making a better game.

I'd rather NOT switch games...I like this game, and I've never seen better support from ANY game company when it comes to communication and patches.

So while I'm sure my wife wishes I would tire of this game, I don't see it happening, I'm just worried about the future for new gamers just discovering it.

I'd be surprised if anyone comes up with anything remotely close to being an Opf beater for a long time, it doesn't look like any other company has the balls or intelligence to make something that requires a completely new engine combined with a modicum of imagination, look at what the likes of Novalogic, EA, Redstorm etc are releasing, same tired old bollocks that's been churned out for years, Opf was a breath of fresh air when it came out and it's still a breath of fresh air.

Ghost Recon, Black Hawk Down, Battleground 1942, Sum of All Fears, World War II online, Project IGI 2, Medal of Honour, don't make me laugh smile.gif

What make you think only 50 people bought the UK version? I got 3 of the UK versions for my friends when it first came out. I am sure there was alot more then 50. And I also play ofp almost every day on GSA and the same amount of people are still playing.

FIRST OFF

Not everyone can afford to host a good server that can handle more than 20 peolpe, and the picky and high requirements of the game! And less than 20 in a game is boring. If Codemasters hosted servers hint hint, it would probably boost a lot of support for the game. A small investment by them could reap serious benefits.

SECONDLY!

Thank god there is no JOIN in progress, AND THANK GOD there is no OFP overcrowding!

It is great that some of the less skilled, and patient people have gone on to different games. With the exception of the occasional n00bs that truly enjoy and want to learn the game, and the regs on squads and in tourneys, this game was headed down the crapper in mp. Especialy when the impatient CS, SOF, RS rejects come in yelling gogogo, and I hate this game its boring, or I dont want to wait.

The lame Counter Strike, and SOF nerds can get bored and leave for all I care. The combat sim element of this game is what I find apealing about it. Not the mindless action games the youngsters with no patience play!

Keep on going BIS, more serious gamers will stay with your products if they maintain this originality, and I think with more advertising, and exposure you cant go wrong. This game has pretty much been entirely word of mouth since the start, and look how far it got. Now put commercials on TV lol.

Seriosly though, there are 2 cable channels that come to mind, and they seem to avoid talking about good games on thier game review shows. I guess nintendo pays them off a lot of money huh?

TECH TV, and DISCOVERY SCIENCES ELECTRIC PLAYGROUND.

GET BOOKED ON THE SHOWS!!!

only prob is with the noobs going on to other games is that leaves few people to play with gp is one of the most popular servers aroun the most popular 1.60 me thinks but people only play on it round 9-11ish in the weekends. What happens is few people join do a coop more people come see game is beeing played and they dont want to wait so they go else where while the guys in game ussually drop before even finshing the mission. Most of the time when playing is that we drop too many people and ither haveing heaps waiting or none, it is the best mp game ive ever played but its very hard to get a good game started. If they cab find a way to make jip(if they can have jip in il2 it can probly be made for ofp) i would like to see two differnt game types like il2 has done theres coop where the host can choose a mission and there is no jip and dogfight where u play the same mission and people can come and go and the last for hours and there not even ded servers yet.

LOL that would destroy the game!

Also why are people insisting on using the 1.60 beta.

It is garbage compared to 1.46

It is like taking us all the way back to 1.10

I understand wanting to help BIS test it, but how long has it been around? It doesnt take more than a few days, and the agonizing death of an unnamed popular server to show that 1.60 is not ready for prime time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT KAMAI USMC @ June 19 2002,21:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL that would destroy the game!

Also why are people insisting on using the 1.60 beta.

It is garbage compared to 1.46

It is like taking us all the way back to 1.10

I understand wanting to help BIS test it, but how long has it been around? It doesnt take more than a few days, and the agonizing death of an unnamed popular server to show that 1.60 is not ready for prime time.<span id='postcolor'>

wat do u mean garbage its likw 200% better shoot ai and stuff with 90-200 ping is like single player beeing gunner in hele is possible very little warping people who like 1.46 better r obvously joining the rong games the improvment in lag is just soo huge i cant belive people dont notice it i have almost no probs just joining which is rare problem. In 1.46 people u were shooting would dissapear and die arcross the map lag was there even with low pings with 1.60 my avg ping is even 20ms lower.