Sign in to follow this  
mrmax

Is ofp  mp dead?

I see many peoples here don't like the 1.60 sockets netcode and switch back to 1.46/1.49. Has anyone ever tried to host a 1.60 DirectPlay ded. server?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT KAMAI USMC @ June 19 2002,02:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And less than 20 in a game is boring.<span id='postcolor'>

Clearly you don't play co-op, I've had many co-op games just me and one other friend and they've been superb smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ June 19 2002,09:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wat do u mean garbage its likw 200% better shoot ai and stuff with 90-200 ping is like single player beeing gunner in hele is possible very little warping people who like 1.46 better r obvously joining the rong games the improvment in lag is just soo huge i cant belive people dont notice it i have almost no probs just joining which is rare problem. In 1.46 people u were shooting would dissapear and die arcross the map lag was there even with low pings with 1.60 my avg ping is even 20ms lower.<span id='postcolor'>

umm... what? I dont understand you. Please keep the runons and misspellings down, so that we know what the heck you are talking about

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT KAMAI USMC @ June 19 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your right Placebo I dont play COOP. Cant stand Co OP

If I wanted to shoot AI I could just play single player.<span id='postcolor'>

Coop isn't about shooting AI, it's about playing as a team with your friends, it's about coordinating tactics, it's about running around a corner to find an enemy having a bead on you, then just as you think you're dead there's a shot from behind and the guy who was about to shoot you is dead himself, you turn around and there's Hil with a daft grin on his face and a smoking gun smile.gif

I've played all the MP types that Opf offers but coop is the only one for me, if I wanted a fragfest I wouldn't pick Opf, Opf for me is a thinking/tactical game and things like CTF, DM, TDM etc. just feel obscene in Opf smile.gif

I love Coop, but I also like elements of CTF and Capture and Hold. You must admit that they offer up a bit of strategy as well since you're playing against humans rather than AI. Even if you're on a pub, if you have a decent team then you can play with a lot of strategy.

What's fun is to play a Coop against Humans. Those are harder to create, but can be a lot more fun to play.

Yeah, I have been making a Human vs Human coop.. damn it's difficult because you have to plan for every action a human player will take and it's hard to keep the storyline. Almost done though, I should have a couple out soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ June 20 2002,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ June 19 2002,09:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wat do u mean garbage its likw 200% better shoot ai and stuff with 90-200 ping is like single player beeing gunner in hele is possible very little warping people who like 1.46 better r obvously joining the rong games the improvment in lag is just soo huge i cant belive people dont notice it i have almost no probs just joining which is rare problem. In 1.46 people u were shooting would dissapear and die arcross the map lag was there even with low pings with 1.60 my avg ping is even 20ms lower.<span id='postcolor'>

umm... what? I dont understand you. Please keep the runons and misspellings down, so that we know what the heck you are talking about<span id='postcolor'>

i usually dont go thru and look for all my errors as long as its readable its fine and thats readable. Going back to 1.46 is crap compared with 1.6, 1.46 lags heaps and get lots of dysnc even with pings under 100. 1.6 dosnt seem to be very popular (28 servers 6 people playin) tho and i havent experenced and bugs or unstableness yet i only have one problem and that is joining which is related to my winsock i got a new ver and help me out a great deal but i think the prob will be gone when resistance comes out or shortly after. People who think 1.46 is better havent tried alpha landing mission where u get sot by guys with guns on their backs and ai sit running on the sopt invincable for the whole game. Ive been playing 1.6 online since it came out and no longer play 1.46 online. I just hope we can get jip sum day i waited 30mins for a game and right on the 30min mark i lost line sync and had to reconnect and found a new game under way without me.

Well, here is my two bits..

I played for three hours tonight. And it was only my second time playing MP. In that time I didnt see one person curse out another one or act like a dumbass. There was a little ribbing back and forth, but for the most part the maturity level was phenomenal. Team play was pretty good, even in the games we lost. I was quite surprised, as the last game I played on line a lot (with strangers on a pub server vs friends on a locked sercer) was Counterstrike. And I think that's all I have to say.

As much as some people might not want to hear it, I'd rather play with a small group of people consistantly than have to hunt through dozens of servers to find one that is decent. So in the end, I suppose it's not as much 'is the MP side of OFP dying' and more 'Do the players on the servers I regularly frequent stay the same' ANd once I've played a little more, I'll be certain to tell you biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 20 2002,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT KAMAI USMC @ June 19 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your right Placebo I dont play COOP. Cant stand Co OP

If I wanted to shoot AI I could just play single player.<span id='postcolor'>

Coop isn't about shooting AI, it's about playing as a team with your friends, it's about coordinating tactics, it's about running around a corner to find an enemy having a bead on you, then just as you think you're dead there's a shot from behind and the guy who was about to shoot you is dead himself, you turn around and there's Hil with a daft grin on his face and a smoking gun smile.gif

I've played all the MP types that Opf offers but coop is the only one for me, if I wanted a fragfest I wouldn't pick Opf, Opf for me is a thinking/tactical game and things like CTF, DM, TDM etc. just feel obscene in Opf smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So your saying we dont use team work in our games?

hmm. LMAO well I can tell you if your used to fragfests when it isnt a coop, then your playing with the wrong people.

USMC is all about teamwork. And 90% of our games are exactly what you described except the enemy behind that rifle has a real human brain, and the challenge is there who is better them or us?

With AI your playing the computer. Srry no challenge there. AI are predictable, they also seem to be able to see through bushes andsmoke ect. Humans can out smart each other, and adapt the plan on the fly. AI will follow the waypoints the map maker put in there. No contest.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT KAMAI USMC @ June 20 2002,02wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So your saying we dont use team work in our games?

hmm. LMAO well I can tell you if your used to fragfests when it isnt a coop, then your playing with the wrong people.

USMC is all about teamwork. And 90% of our games are exactly what you described except the enemy behind that rifle has a real human brain, and the challenge is there who is better them or us?

With AI your playing the computer. Srry no challenge there. AI are predictable, they also seem to be able to see through bushes andsmoke ect. Humans can out smart each other, and adapt the plan on the fly. AI will follow the waypoints the map maker put in there. No contest.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but in most coop games, you don't respawn as a new player, you have one life, one chance at completing the mission at hand, and if your teammates get killed, then you got to continue with whoever is left.  Sure in CTF you can rambo and not worry about getting killed because you know you can do it again a couple minutes later.  But would you do the same if you knew if you get killed now, you might have to wait for 10-20-30 minutes for the next mission to start?  A TK in CTF is just an annoyance, but in COOP, it's way more personal.

I played a 70 minute coop mission last night, at the end, over 160 enemies were killed by our side of only 8 guys.  And most coop missions aren't just 10 humans vs 3 AI, you're always outnumbered (until you start winning), and if your team gets smaller, the ratio gets bigger.

Basically, I play coop because there's just more targets to shoot at smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

lol here we go lmao

Ok respawn is a problem for you?

lol Love your 160 enemy killed. 160 dip shit AI killed lol nice work. Well if the game could support 160 real players we could eliminate respawn but that would be lame. And as far as going rambo...well some of us 1337 players like our kill to death ratio to be low.

i am not happy if i die once!

try killin 160 human players u kill one the rest take cover and come searching for u, ai jus go prone or run for it, if there set up right they come lookin, put squads of ai on guard mode u wont last long. In coop u can run around and feel safe in team vs team u dont know where they are or if there on foot in a tank of right behind u with a bizon on full auto following 2 steps behind just for fun to see how long it takes u to realsie it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol here we go lmao

Ok respawn is a problem for you?

lol Love your 160 enemy killed. 160 dip shit AI killed lol nice work. Well if the game could support 160 real players we could eliminate respawn but that would be lame. And as far as going rambo...well some of us 1337 players like our kill to death ratio to be low.

i am not happy if i die once! <span id='postcolor'>

Wow, your attitude is only exceeded by your ego. All you "l33t" guys think you know how it's done, sorry none of you are wrong, OFP has several hundred different ways for missions to be played and CTF and COOP are merely two of them.

CTF is fantastic for developing teamwork and strategy, there is respawn so you lack the thrill of trying to stay alive that you get from playing a well made coop.

It can be challanging either way and it is more important what you as the player takes out of a mission than being "l33t" and whatever the hell else you CS-now-OFP players do.

And SGT KAMAI USMC I'd like to extend an invitation to Gameplanet's Server and I'd like you try and beat the coops on there without taking a beating smile.gif

If you are coming on our server leave your "l33tist" attitude at the door for some serious education.

i dunno dammge one day sum one said "woot i owned u" i then got scared. I felt better after getting 5 kills on him with my bizon while he tried to use m21 on me.

LMAO Lt damage you assume cause I am good and know it, that I played CS? Bad idea to make asumptions about people you know nothing about.

Tell me I am a CS fan huh?

here are my game preferences.

1. VET mode

2. NO 3rd PERSON view

3. Hate friendly tags, GPS, or maps that are small and closed up like a maze

4.Multi Player versus humans

Never owned CS, lmao never even played it. I dont play fragfest doom type games. I am a flightsimmer. I just happened to get Delta Force and liked the idea of the 360 degree playable combat sim, since I am a Marine, but of course DF was too arcade like. Then ofp came out.

Look There is no wrong or right. Coop is coop you like killin AI and that feels challenging, and rewarding. Good for you. More power to you. I just think its lame.

I played the campaign, and then when My squad started ofp we too played all coop for about 3 months. But I get thrill from competition. I can have a game of coop, but it just isnt fun for me. I like the thought of some guy hittin his keyboard and cussing on the other end of the line when I get the best of him. lol.

I am competetive srry. Didnt mean to hurt your fragile sence of bravado, or more like absence of masculenity lol. It is good to be confident in my work, and even better is the attitude that comes with it. When you know your good no sense in beying shy about it.

So for all you politicaly correct, bleading hearts out there, with thin skin , I hate to say it but...

NO!!!

WE CANT JUST ALL GET ALONG!!!!

LMAO

Flame on!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Titanium

Malboeuf SHUT UP! I hate it when people call everyone newbies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RN Malboeuf @ June 23 2002,16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you're all newbies<span id='postcolor'>

well if thats true so r you when i use my corect account u can see i joined the forums the same time as you. I really have only one playing style thats kill them first.

Guest Titanium

WELL!! YOUR A....!!........... Aw crap! I am! LOL!!! wink.gif

Hmm do some children need their heads banging together? smile.gif