Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

Codies up to something: OFP 4?

Sadly enough, Arma is probably the better known name at this point either way.

Edited by sparks50

Sadly? I don't see anything sad about that. A name can pass, but the legacy remains.

More like OFP is a dirty name at this point.

Still would've been great if BIS was to set another game in Cold War era.

Isn't the DR/RR fan community completely gone now? I don't really check the codies forums, but I was under the impression that it died a slow but inevitable death after the release of RR. Trying to release yet another OFP game now seems like a very stupid notion.

If anything, I expect they will come up with a new name and drop the OFP moniker completely so that they can sell it as something entirely new, even if it does turn out to be more of the same crap. I can't imagine many people who played (or have even heard of DR/RR) will come back for a third helping.

Correct.

The DR/RR community is dead since a few months ago. There is barely no activity at all on the board. Some of the big DR modders officialy told the others that they were leaving, others were banned. I have no clue of how many people that were banned but since CM tried to keep the complaints down to a minimum before Red Rivers release by censoring posts and banning people I believe there is quite a lot of people that were kicked out in the cold. The few people that praised the game all the time left after it was announced that the whole series got scrubbed. The Devs abandoned the ship directly after its release as with DR. The Co-op is dead, as the co-op forum. In Tech Support there is various complaints about people who have problems to buy/install DLCs, install the game, connect and host games, and update. Tells pretty much. Not even the off-topic forum is very active anymore. There are indeed some serious fractions in the community.

If Codemasters are about to start another tactical shooter-kinda game I reckon that the name Operation Flashpoint will make people puke rather than clap their hands. Dragon Rising sold 1.2million copies worldwide and Red River have reached just roughly over 300,000 copies worldwide according to vgchartz. With Arma, Red Orchestra, Operation Takedown, and Iron Front, its going to be rough for them no matter if they release another game called Operation Flashpoint or not. There is obviously no place for their tactical game, nor any kind of action game (bodycount lol) unless they come up with something very, very innovative, or compete (and win) directly against these titles.

Edited by Cyper

A name to better fit them since they're arent exactly masters of the code. FPDR

Just look at all the issues bugs in Dragon crap.

Hey guys, what do you think of Codemaster's games? Are they good?

Seriously, let it die.

I actually don't mind Codemasters racing games. But they should not try to make another FPS. I hope that this "rumor" is false. Even though they've changed their name to "Codemasters Racing" doesn't mean they won't release the game under a different name.

If Codemasters are about to start another tactical shooter-kinda game

They're aren't, see the link I posted above. The changed their name to "Codemasters racing" and are sticking to racing games.

It would be good news if they choose to revive the TOCA series which was very good and switch to dedicated servers for the GRID and DIRT series.

They're aren't, see the link I posted above. The changed their name to "Codemasters racing" and are sticking to racing games.

It would be good news if they choose to revive the TOCA series which was very good and switch to dedicated servers for the GRID and DIRT series.

They may still have a subsidiary studio develop and publish the game.

That's a good point. Because Codemasters has rebranded, doesn't mean it's the only rebranding going on. It is possible that Codemasters has shuffled some stuff around to minimize the negative associations of the past on future endeavors, but that not a lot has changed operationally.

That's a good point. Because Codemasters has rebranded, doesn't mean it's the only rebranding going on. It is possible that Codemasters has shuffled some stuff around to minimize the negative associations of the past on future endeavors, but that not a lot has changed operationally.

Its plastic surgery for them meanwhile the internet exposes Codemasters lies.

F1 video game creator Codemasters in debt for equity deal

Codemasters, the video games maker behind the Formula1 series of games as well as 90s’ retro classic Dizzy, is to convert £21m of expensive debt into equity as part of a wider financial restructuring designed to place the loss-making company on a sounder financial footing.

Codemasters, the British video games maker, wants to cut its borrowing costs to boost profits.

By James Quinn

9:30PM BST 21 Apr 2012

4 Comments

The Warwickshire-based company, one of Britain’s best known video games maker, which employs more than 650 people, is to restructure its balance sheet to reduce its borrowing costs and help it generate increased profits.

The conversion of £14.95m of “Payment in Kind†(PIK) notes into equity will see the company’s two shareholders, Balderton Capital and India’s Reliance Entertainment – which already each own 50pc of the business, essentially write off the debts in return for the creation of the additional shares.

Balderton is currently owed £9.35m in PIK notes, with Reliance owed £5.6m.

The debt is so expensive that £1.63m of interest payments accrued on the PIK notes in the year to June 2011. In addition, Reliance has provided a further loan of £6m, which is also convertible into equity.

The company has also managed to agree extensions to £19.3m of loans with India’s Axis Bank and JPMorgan Chase, pushing the dates by which they must be repaid to June and August respectively.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9218815/F1-video-game-creator-Codemasters-in-debt-for-equity-deal.html

Ok, I figured it out. Codemasters as a publisher is not going to change their name. They will still be labeled as "Codemasters" on all of their games that they publish. But their in-house studios (developers) have been renamed is all.

Codemasters (Publisher)

* Codemasters Racing Studio (Developer)

* Codemasters Action Studio (Developer)

Their racing studio will only produce their racing games, nothing else; their action studio will produce their action games, such as Operation Flashpoint.

Not a single news site mentioning this has linked to such press release. I really love how much the media will twist things around.

Edited by Nicholas

The new Operation Flashpoint: Taskforce Olympus forum is up on the Codemasters Action Studio website. I don't know why they choose Greek Island Lesbos as the setting, they should have just use a fictional Island. The trailer looks awesome, underwater stuff looks cool. I think it is going to be the graphics king of all games in 2012 for sure.

The new Operation Flashpoint: Taskforce Olympus forum is up on the Codemasters Action Studio website. I don't know why they choose Greek Island Lesbos as the setting, they should have just use a fictional Island. The trailer looks awesome, underwater stuff looks cool. I think it is going to be the graphics king of all games in 2012 for sure.

What? Nothing about that on the codemasters forums. Also no references on google or any gaming website I frequent. :P You sure about this? Pls provide links if you have them.

Obviously, you've just ran into an ordinary troll... Logically, if there really would be trailer publised somewhere, Codies wouldn't play "hidden & dangerous" with the first footage of their new OFP.

gullible - A derivative of archaic gull, "dupe" or "simpleton."

See also related term - InstaGoat

Obviously, you've just ran into an ordinary troll... Logically, if there really would be trailer publised somewhere, Codies wouldn't play "hidden & dangerous" with the first footage of their new OFP.

I figured as much :V

OH WELL I GUESS I WILL NEED TO WEAR THE DUPE HAT NOW

*dupe hat*

Good to see you can take a joke and have a laugh too InstaGoat, I respect that. Thanks for being a good sport. :pc:

Another one of these threads?

Do we really need to discuss this disgusting travesty of a 'franchise' any further?

Discuss it until the bandwagon's wheels fall off.

This threads going places! Alright it sucks...but I challenge you to watch this video and NOT laugh out loud. I dare you!

7OEnWb6URhI