Sign in to follow this  
r20

Get in get out animation + more questions

VBS 2 2.0 isn't out yet, so it's not everything yet. There are completely different teams/companies working on the two projects.

Also all the marketing you see about VBS 2 is only the absolute best quality stuff. There's still a ton of super old content that isn't even up to ArmA1 standards. VBS is designed for use by the military and their needs are all that's taken into concern, not really any "gameplay" stuff. So while it's got a ton more unit/weapon content than ArmA2 has it's not in any way the "same game". It feels totally different. If you thought the animations in A2 were bad... try VBS. :)

The VBS community is a lot smaller than the ArmA community and seems to be basically people with too much money or military users that have it has part of their jobs. You're not going to come home after work or class and find VBS servers running with game waiting for you. But by all means, drop $600 if you wanna join us and pick things up with cranes. :)

I downloaded VBS1 and VBS2 from torrents some time ago. VBS2 animations were same as in ArmA1. It costs so much because it is sold for military and all kinds of companies= for commercial use. Not because it has bunch of units, better editor, and many more features.

Did you really just admit to pirating like it's nothing? I mean, I know a lot of people do, but people just don't say it like it's nothing...

I downloaded VBS1 and VBS2 from torrents some time ago. VBS2 animations were same as in ArmA1. It costs so much because it is sold for military and all kinds of companies= for commercial use. Not because it has bunch of units, better editor, and many more features.

Not cool.

Is VBS2 even sold to civilians? I don't even think it's of much use unless you have a training network set up. Pirating it is still wrong, but I don't really see much point in it other than curiosity (as it might be the only way for a civilian to get it).

BIS stuff are on my list of things I wouldn't pirate, as they're actually worth the money.

Edited by Dragon01

Like Dragon said I was curiuos to try it. I always "try" before I buy due to inaccuracies of Demo versions.

Some SP games I downloaded played it to the end and bought just to support devs: "Amnesia The Dark Descent, STALKER series".

Is there even a free, available to civilians demo of VBS? If so, I'd download it out of curiosity. I won't be pirating a full sim, because as I said, I don't pirate BI stuff (and I don't think VBS will intrest me, being made for LAN-based multiplayer).

Like Dragon said I was curiuos to try it. I always "try" before I buy due to inaccuracies of Demo versions.

Some SP games I downloaded played it to the end and bought just to support devs: "Amnesia The Dark Descent, STALKER series".

Good luck with the:

IMG_7175.JPG

Is VBS2 even sold to civilians? I don't even think it's of much use unless you have a training network set up. Pirating it is still wrong, but I don't really see much point in it other than curiosity (as it might be the only way for a civilian to get it).***

BIS stuff are on my list of things I wouldn't pirate, as they're actually worth the money.

§3)

There is vbs2 Jcove Lite for you to try...

And yes, VBS2 is sold to civilians just as well.

Edited by PuFu

R20+

"So, I stole from you guys a while ago. It was fun. I learned a lot. lol."

+1 permanent ban

Dragon01

Discussion of piracy is not permitted on these forums. This includes discussion about what you would and would not pirate.

+2 infractions for talking about warez

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.
Edited by Max Power

Wow, that's a surprise. I never expected this. Gotta give it a try (also, it makes pirating a full version plain stupid instead of simply completely pointless).

I just hope this won't get me in trouble with my parents for asking them to buy me a 500$ VBS2 (I already plan to get them to buy Steel Beasts for me, another expensive program).:)

EDIT: Looked through their forums a bit, and found an US Army version, though it's difficult to find because of legal mess it's recently been in (if I understand correctly, it no longer is, but the download is still somewhat less than optimal).

Edited by Dragon01

Wow, that's a surprise. I never expected this. Gotta give it a try (also, it makes pirating a full version plain stupid instead of simply completely pointless).

you just got 2 infractions for piracy related talk, but you keep on going? Are you 12 or what?

I just hope this won't get me in trouble with my parents for asking them to buy me a 500$ VBS2 (I already plan to get them to buy Steel Beasts for me, another expensive program).:)

good god....i really love your spoiled type...wonder if you'd be just as generous with your own earned money...

To be honest though mate, it's not his fault he's got super rich parents with too much cash. If I had a rich upbringing, I would have milked my parents for money. That's just the natural order. Until you earn it, you don't know what it's worth; and offspring are past masters of that ;)

My old man was a bit like that though - as long as it involved money spent on woodworking tools, he wouldn't mind getting out his wallet. Consequentially, I can build you a nice table. Or chessboard to put on it. :)

Please don't pirate son -especially from nice cuddly and broke Indie Developers that care about you (its true, they really do). You may think it's a victimless crime, but I see a dark dark Somaliland future for you if you don't change your ways. *Rattles Ghost of BI future chains*

PS: Threads have gone quite mad lately. Perhaps were all a bit touched in the head from recent ARMA3 developments :rolleyes:

I'm fairly certain the US Army Lite version is only for military users. Steel Beasts is certainly worth the $100 and there's a very active community for it. Finding games is quite easy. VBS, not so much.

Also to be on topic I kinda enjoy no animation vs a jilty get in animation. :lookaround:

It could have GTA4 Anims style, Is realistic, fast and and beautiful to the eyes XD

wow has this thread gone rogue or what? I think its time for a mod to close this seeing as OP is an admitted pirate.

@Choki but unlike GTA 4 which has only a couple different types of vehicles.

Arma 3 has tons of different types one animation doesn't work for 50+ vehicles like in GTA 4.

and BIS isn't on the same scale as Rockstar when it comes to budget and employee count.

I know I know. But adding anims to some land transports, is not very difficult

I know I know. But adding anims to some land transports, is not very difficult

Hehehe :D Sure it's not

EDIT: Looked through their forums a bit, and found an US Army version, though it's difficult to find because of legal mess it's recently been in (if I understand correctly, it no longer is, but the download is still somewhat less than optimal).

Dragon01

Not two hours before you wrote this message, I gave you an infraction for 'talking about warez'. I indicated to you that we do not tolerate discussions about warez, especially your sensibilities on what you should and should not steal. The only reason you need not to steal BIS software, or the software of any other company, is that it is illegal.

Your statement, 'also, it makes pirating a full version plain stupid', would not be so severe if I had not just told you not to discuss warez and issued infractions for it. After conferring, we have decided that you have won a four week vacation from the forums. Please use that time to relax and get acquainted with the forum rules. Thank you.

Also, all VBS2 discussion stops here and now. For that we have a thread here.

I would love enter/exit animations! The animations in ARMA 2 are really terrible and take even more time then smooth done animations.

Welcome to the forums, typhooni.

Unfortunately, we don't allow necroposting in threads older that 4 months. Please find an active discussion to participate in :)

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

They have enter and exit animations active in Take On Helicopters

Nah, they don't. It's just a longer version of the mounting animation, that looks like you get in and out, but it's still the same system with an animation, then black screen and teleporting.

Since Chinook has a lot of sits and you will have to animate each and every one and since everyone will be exiting out of specific order it will become messy.

Uh? Why? As I see it, there's 3 animations. "Get up", "walk", "walk down ramp".

You don't make an animation for each m² of terrain either, do you?

Edited by MulleDK19