yurapetrov

Blackhawks by YuraPetrov

@minidou

in ADuke pack, when the guys are in cargo position, they hve their weapons in their hands, like in the little bird.

I just find it weird for them not to hold their weapons while in cargo.

When I was in the AF and we flown in the Pavehawks sitting in the door we had our weapons in our hands and i used a 3-point weapon strap that was attached to my M4...just in case i got some butter fingers lol.

Also we were connected to a strap that if i remember correctly was hooked to the bar that the seats are attached to, and we just unhooked ourselfs moments before disembarking.

When I was in the AF and we flown in the Pavehawks sitting in the door we had our weapons in our hands and i used a 3-point weapon strap that was attached to my M4...just in case i got some butter fingers lol.

Also we were connected to a strap that if i remember correctly was hooked to the bar that the seats are attached to, and we just unhooked ourselfs moments before disembarking.

Ahaa...

So that's why soldiers dosn't fall out when the helicopters makes a sharp turn thank you :D

Regards astast

Nice work yura, looking great.

Looks epic! Care to tease us with some shots of the DAP?

Maybe one day...

Ahaa...

So that's why soldiers dosn't fall out when the helicopters makes a sharp turn thank you :D

Regards astast

Lol ironicly the gravity and momentum of the helo banking actually holds you in, the straps we was hooked to wasnt really for holding you in at high speeds... science stuff did the work..like gravity/physics and shit lol the straps was mainly for holding you in while at low speeds/hover incase the helo make evasive moves to dodge rpgs and whatnot..atleast thats what i always though we did that for lol

Lol ironicly the gravity and momentum of the helo banking actually holds you in, the straps we was hooked to wasnt really for holding you in at high speeds... science stuff did the work..like gravity/physics and shit lol the straps was mainly for holding you in while at low speeds/hover incase the helo make evasive moves to dodge rpgs and whatnot..atleast thats what i always though we did that for lol

Oh okay haha wrong again :(( lol

Thanks for explaining me ;)

@minidou

in ADuke pack, when the guys are in cargo position, they hve their weapons in their hands, like in the little bird.

Agreed. Should DEFINITELY make it so that they hold their weapons in their hand. You may just need to play around with the animations since every anim with weapons in hand is a pretty wide stanced animation. Youll probably be able to fit 10 guys in the back at most if you sit some down in the middle.

Glad you liked my addon pics! Thanks to CptDavo, M1n1d0u, SuicideCommando, Papanowel, soldier2390, Sabre, islesfan186!

Looks epic! Care to tease us with some shots of the DAP?

M230 gun is not ready ;-(

@minidou

ADuke's MH-60L can carry only 8 men, i think it is not enough! That's why i didnt use littlebird's cargo animation, its too wide, so only 2 men in door can be fit.

I thought when i have time i will make my own custom animation.

Agreed. Should DEFINITELY make it so that they hold their weapons in their hand. You may just need to play around with the animations since every anim with weapons in hand is a pretty wide stanced animation. Youll probably be able to fit 10 guys in the back at most if you sit some down in the middle.

10 men squad? Thats not enough! I heard in real life MH-60L can carry 15 men!

anyway yura, my question still stands: why dont the guys have their weapons in their hands?

they don't have some? or it's just the animation ?

thanks

anyway yura, my question still stands: why dont the guys have their weapons in their hands?

they don't have some? or it's just the animation ?

thanks

They have weapons look at the last picture of the latest pictures :)

Regards

I though they could only hold 12. Regular Blackhawks hold 12, 2 crewchiefs/door gunners, pilot and co pilot. But I never saw an MH up close....the only time I saw them is when they were coming back from missions and were landing at the SOF compound when I was in Iraq the first time. In Black Hawk Down they didn't seem to fit that many either....and one of the 160th battalions aircraft was actually used in the movie.

I though they could only hold 12. Regular Blackhawks hold 12, 2 crewchiefs/door gunners, pilot and co pilot. But I never saw an MH up close....the only time I saw them is when they were coming back from missions and were landing at the SOF compound when I was in Iraq the first time. In Black Hawk Down they didn't seem to fit that many either....and one of the 160th battalions aircraft was actually used in the movie.

With seating arrangements, they can hold 12 in the back IRL. I am talking purely in game though islesfan. The issue with sitting animations (I know this because I am friends with ADuke and he explained this to me) is that all of the animations which has soldiers sitting and carry weapons are very wide animations, as in their legs are spread apart or their arms take up more room, and if you are a good addon maker, you obviously dont want one guys leg shooting through the thigh of another guy. So, the trouble is finding animations which fit at least 8-10 guys in the back and have animations which make logical sense as for placement and how they sit. Apparently youd have to be very very clever with animation selection and placement to fit 12

JollyRes, the response wasn't directed towards you, it was to yura because he said he heard that real 60K's could hold 15....sorry for the confusion

also yura, just thought of something you may or may not want to add. When I did see the SOAR hawks flying around, they always had numbers taped on the glass of their side cargo doors like "64" or "62"....maybe you could add that? Not really a big deal, just thought it would looks neat.

Here's some good reference photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marinehawk12/3862760949/in/set-72157623717408006

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marinehawk12/3993886785/in/set-72157623717408006

Edited by islesfan186

Depending on weather,fuel load, mission, altitude and weight etc a BH could carry 20 dudes if they could fit. We usually ran 3 to 4 on the door and 6 to 8 squatting/sitting/squashing. Again it comes to to a whole heap of factors. If you aren't sitting on seats you are usually stropped in to the floor or there is a cargo strop across the length of the door.

Edited by GOOSE63

JollyRes, the response wasn't directed towards you, it was to yura because he said he heard that real 60K's could hold 15....sorry for the confusion

also yura, just thought of something you may or may not want to add. When I did see the SOAR hawks flying around, they always had numbers taped on the glass of their side cargo doors like "64" or "62"....maybe you could add that? Not really a big deal, just thought it would looks neat.

Here's some good reference photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marinehawk12/3862760949/in/set-72157623717408006

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marinehawk12/3993886785/in/set-72157623717408006

Like this? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131380-Blackhawks-by-YuraPetrov&p=2251891&viewfull=1#post2251891

Great birds mate! will the cockpit of the MH be glass or steam and gauges?

Thanks, it has some gauges and digits screens like the real one MH-60L. MH-60M will have full glass cockpit.

Depending on weather,fuel load, mission, altitude and weight etc a BH could carry 20 dudes if they could fit. We usually ran 3 to 4 on the door and 6 to 8 squatting/sitting/squashing. Again it comes to to a whole heap of factors.

This. I've flown with 15 dudes in the back of a -60B (which has CONSIDERABLY less room in the back and a heavier airframe than an Army Blackhawk) because we needed to medevac people. We could pull it off because we were at sea level (albeit in hot and humid conditions) and we had strong engines. The engines do lose their power over their lifespan, which varies depending on the environment you fly in and how well you care for them.

Great work Yura. Would you consider placing some snow skis on them if I contributed the ski's?

Thanks, i can make and add ski's on this chopper for winter island. Do you know a good snow island addon?

Is Lod 10 the Stealthhawk?! :) J/k....Big fan of your helicopters. Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks, i can make and add ski's on this chopper for winter island. Do you know a good snow island addon?

Not too many come to mind, but some are Alpine and Aoraki/Cook Island by Rocket, or Bushlurker's Etah Plateau, Western Antartica.

My squad runs a Air Force Pararescue team, and we'd like to put on a few missions where we can utilize the snow ski's with the infamous "Green feet" found on the bottom of the ski.

You can barely make them out on the bottom of this Alaskan Air National Guard HH-60G http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/military_photos_20110927194958.aspx

There's a close up of the bottom, but you'll have to scroll down the page to see them. If you have some made, can you allow for texturing of the bottoms?

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23279

Thanks, i will add ski's at my HH-60G, but they will be invisible, and user can show them by script command