yurapetrov

Blackhawks by YuraPetrov

shooting from a chopper is not possible in arma 2

use of mods and scripts...AS WRITTEN IN THE VIDEO DESCRIPTION!!!!!

otherwise, in vanilla ArmA 2, you can't.

to do it, you gotta use scripts or mods.

that's the same thing ! you can shoot from a chopper ;) anyway really nice , for the mh-60 the door weapons are minigun right ?

I started a Blackhawk Down Mod. It will have 8 MH-60L Blackhawks used by SOAR in Mogadishu, 1993. They will be with unique reallistic paints on engines and numbers on door windows. But i found paints only for 5 of them. It is super-six-1 named as "thunderstruck", super-six-2 named as "southern comfort", super-six-4 named as "venom", super-six-6 named as "guns slinger" and CSAR super-six-8 named as "Razors edge". The mod will have separate PBO file requires original Blackhawk addon. Konyo and Astat maken some pictures for this forum:

arma2oa2012111214321848.jpg

arma2oa2012111216161000.jpg

arma2oa2012111217174475.jpg

great.

in the movie, super 6-1 has "armageddon" painted on it.

anyway, wait will contain your BHD mod? only the choppers? or a campaign too?

and you didn't answer to my questions:

-Will you release a version without the fuel probe? I'd like to, as it would be the same as BHD

-Will norrin fastrope be integrated in your bird?

in the movie, super 6-1 has "armageddon" painted on it.

because the original super 6-1 "thunderstruck" was shot down at 3th october 1993, so "thunderstruck" cant appear in the movie.

anyway, wait will contain your BHD mod? only the choppers? or a campaign too?

for now it will contain only choppers. I dont like to make a missions only models ;-)

and you didn't answer to my questions:

-Will you release a version without the fuel probe? I'd like to, as it would be the same as BHD

-Will norrin fastrope be integrated in your bird?

Original blackhawk addon will contain two MH-60L versions, one with the fuel probe, second with M230 Chaingun and FFAR known as DAP. My BHD mod will contain MH-60L without the fuel probe as shown on my previous pictures.

One of fastrope's scripts will be in my addon, i didnt decide yet will it be norrin's script or someone's else. Maybe I will make my own script, i dont know exactly what script i will use.

ok.

-if it's not much work (I really dunno if it is or not), could you make a third version just without the fuel probe? I mean, a version that is NOT the BDH model?

just take the one you made with it and remove it from the model?

-about the fastroping, have you spoken with konyo?

as he added it to his chopper and it seems pretty good, maybe he can share his own experience with you.

anyway, really great work!

when you release your BHD models, if there is fastrope too, I will change my choppers from my Gothic Serpent camp. and replace them with yours.

Will these be *fully* ace compatible? ACE Slinging and Fastropes?

No, i dont like ACE mod. Because i think they made US side better than Russian side, so it is not good balanced.

Will the DAP variant have a fuel probe as well?...I've seen pictures of them with and without

I going to make DAP without the fuel probe, because i think DAP has to less weight to improve the maneuverability, so i believe SOAR are removed the fuel probe to reduce weight.

No, i dont like ACE mod. Because i think they made US side better than Russian side, so it is not good balanced.

I going to make DAP without the fuel probe, because i think DAP has to less weight to improve the maneuverability, so i believe SOAR are removed the fuel probe to reduce weight.

I think i recall a soar DAP with a fuel probe

*Edit*

Yes there is one here

mh-60l-dap.jpg

Personally I don't like the fuel probes. :)

Edited by astast
Found a picture

Alot of users who would love to use your mod (me included) won't be able to use it. I beg of you to at least tinker with making an ACE Compat mod. Those of us who are in communities of more than 50 people cannot afford to have ACE incompat mods on ACE server. But afterall, it is your mod.

Yura, rather than making two versions of the MH-60s with and without probes, have you considered possibly creating a user animation to hide the selection for the in-flight refuelling probe, so that players/mission designers can choose whether the aircraft is displayed with the probe?

E.g:

Model.cfg, class animations:

class Animations
	{
		class show_probe
		{
			type="hide";
			source="show_probe";
  				sourceAddress="mirror";
			selection="refuelling_probe";
  				minValue = -1;
  				maxValue = 0;
  				minPhase = -1;
  				maxPhase = 0;
  				hideValue = 0.010000;
		};
	};

Config.cpp, class AnimationSources

class AnimationSources
	{
		class  show_probe
  			{
   				source = "user";
   				initPhase=0;
			animperiod = 0;
  			};
	};

To show the refuelling probe ingame, mission makers would have to enter this animate ["show_probe", 1] in the vehicle's init line. The class animations can of course also be written to make the default behaviour so that the probe is visible, and the init line animation forces it to 'hide' if that would be preferable. The 'refuelling_probe' selection would obviously need to apply to all parts of the refuelling probe in your various model LODs.

Of course this assumes that the refuelling probe's appearance is trivial, and removing it wouldn't create other visual anomalies, like for example remnants of the probe's shadow from your ambient shadow map (if it is in the AS map) or that you aren't planning on the probe having significant effects on the ingame handling or operation of these variants.

Yeah there are still SOAR DAP aircraft with the probe. Personally I think they look cooler with the probe, dunno why. But it's your addon, not gonna tell you what to do with it :-)

Im confused a little, so you will be releasing a 160th Soar regular mh-60 and a dap and then us army versions?

If you're unwilling to make this ace compatible (I understand) Can you at the very least make sure its not ACE incompatible?

It would be a crying shame to alienate such a large potion of the community just because of a personal dislike.

All that said, this mod is looking fantastic! A good working DAP will be SWEET! Best of luck!

If you're unwilling to make this ace compatible (I understand) Can you at the very least make sure its not ACE incompatible?

It would be a crying shame to alienate such a large potion of the community just because of a personal dislike.

All that said, this mod is looking fantastic! A good working DAP will be SWEET! Best of luck!

Couldn't agree more

Im confused a little, so you will be releasing a 160th Soar regular mh-60 and a dap and then us army versions?

No, they will be in one pack. It will contain US Army's UH-60L, HH-60L and SOAR's MH-60L

Thank's ;-) Don't worry about ACE, Veteran Mod will contain my blackhawks, they says their mod will be better than ACE.

-if it's not much work (I really dunno if it is or not), could you make a third version just without the fuel probe? I mean, a version that is NOT the BDH model?

just take the one you made with it and remove it from the model?

-about the fastroping, have you spoken with konyo?

as he added it to his chopper and it seems pretty good, maybe he can share his own experience with you.

anyway, really great work!

when you release your BHD models, if there is fastrope too, I will change my choppers from my Gothic Serpent camp. and replace them with yours.

I can made an ability to hide the fuel probe by script typed in ini file, so mission makers will be able to hide it.

We often speaks with Adam.

thanks.

That's would be a good solution!

Also, any chance for Animated Windshield Wipers too? Like on Konyos MH47. And also can you make it so you can fold the rotors like on your SH60's?

That's would be a good solution!

Also, any chance for Animated Windshield Wipers too? Like on Konyos MH47. And also can you make it so you can fold the rotors like on your SH60's?

I can think about Animated Windshield Wipers ;-) But i will not make folding rotors on MH-60L, because in real life they can be folded only if unbolted and unbolting takes minimun a half of hour. SH-60 has automatic folding system. Thir pilot can fold/unfold rotor blades from cockpit.

Veteran Mod is developing 2 years by 20 mens. It doesnt have a thread here. It contains new weapon, vehicle and choppers models and a lot of scripts.

Here is a picture from this mod:

vtny.jpg

and here is a mod's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/VeteranMOD

this chopper also will be in the mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138948-Mi-28-WIP