Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

Looking good. Looking forward to seeing all these forces in action.

Looking good. Looking forward to seeing all these forces in action.

I've been working on it like all weekend.

This is going to be a big update.

Nice, but what's the point of RF addon in a CDF themed pack?

@Bars:

a.)someone to shoot at

b.)adding some content (like T80U) that is not present in the vanilla game

and finally: an all in one pack of 'who are the forces in the green sea region'

or something like that :D

very nice to hear about the big update Gossamer! Did you get hold of AsierB's textures for the PRSZ ministry of interior forces btw? :)

Nice, but what's the point of RF addon in a CDF themed pack?

Project CDF has expanded past its original scope to include an opfor army which opposes the CDF and now Russian forces that are backing the South Zagorian state. Think Russo-Georgian war, but on a bigger scale.

very nice to hear about the big update Gossamer! Did you get hold of AsierB's textures for the PRSZ ministry of interior forces btw? :)

I believe he did, he sent me a 40 something megabyte archive with his work, I've yet to go through it, but I'm pretty sure they are in there.

Edited by GossamerSolid

Yeah, I get your point, fair enough.

Two things though:

1)this boosts the already quite big file size;

2)no offence, but if I wanted to include RF in my missions(thus far I have only for personal use cuz I suck horribly at mission making(more of a video maker)) i'd go for RHS AFRF any day.

But then again, it's good for mission maker in a way that only one addon is required to have both "goodies" and "baddies"=)

At the end of the day it's your mod - your choice and creative freedom to include whatever you feel is right=)

EDIT: Also I'm in process of making a vid using them PCDF units among some other addons(been using PCDF since the very first ver.)

Edited by Bars91

Yeah, I get your point, fair enough.

Two things though:

1)this boosts the already quite big file size;

2)no offence, but if I wanted to include RF in my missions(thus far I have only for personal use cuz I suck horribly at mission making(more of a video maker)) i'd go for RHS AFRF any day.

But then again, it's good for mission maker in a way that only one addon is required to have both "goodies" and "baddies"=)

At the end of the day it's your mod - your choice and creative freedom to include whatever you feel is right=)

EDIT: Also I'm in process of making a vid using them PCDF units among some other addons(been using PCDF since the very first ver.)

1) I don't really care about the filesize, it's never been a concern of mine and it never really will be.

2) No offence taken, RHS' Russian Forces are way better detailed and accurate.

I'm just developing units which I want to use, that's how this mod started and that's how it is guided. People are free to make suggestions, but I will add stuff I want to use.

The russian soldier looks nice although on the dark screen i cant make out all details, best is to take them having the units face the sun not opposite.

The funny thing is while you expand to your own OPFOR we ( or at least i ) think about spicing up our BluFor namely the CDF a little more though not nearly as extensive as in Project CDF :)

so PCDF is expanding RF forces

RHS AFRF is looking to expanding CDF forces

an obvious question is being begged to ask, huh?

Two great mods, hopefully we'll see some collaboration.

Well thought about that yet question is does it make both sides happy and is it to the benefit of each mod? So far were still far from setting up our BluFor so time will tell.

Well thought about that yet question is does it make both sides happy and is it to the benefit of each mod? So far were still far from setting up our BluFor so time will tell.

I think you guys are going for more of a realism point of view (your russian forces are really accurately detailed), I on the other hand am not focusing on total realisitc viability of equipment and such.

Plus the models I'm using aren't on the level of detail with you guys.

:)

Changelog as of right now:

Version 1.07

------------

+ Fixed Steering Wheel for UAZ-451

+ Fixed PCDF_CDF_Engineer_2011 - isEngineer changed to Engineer

+ Fixed 2S1 could incorrectly have passengers

+ Fixed PCDF_PRSZ_Militia_AT display name

+ Fixed Mig-29 Flare launch positions

+ Fixed Preprocessor failed on file pcdf_fixedwing\data\mig21\planedestruct_co.paa - error 7 (For real this time)

+ Changed Mig-29 Flight model

+ Changed faction classnames (PCDF_Chernarus, PCDF_PRSZ, PCDF_RU)

+ Changed RVMat for UAZ-451, T-64B/BV

+ Changed UAZ-451 to inherit sounds from UAZ instead of Lada

+ New Picture/Icon for Mig-29

+ New Material textures for UAZ-451

+ New Texture for CDF Western Office's hat

+ Added Wreck model for Mig-29

+ Added new Russian Infantry models

+ Added BMP-1P, BMP-2 Series, 2S1, T-72M1, T-80BV/U, MIG-29 to Russia

+ Added Damaged/Destroyed Textures to UAZ-451, BMP-1/1P, T-64B/BV, T-72M1, T-80B/BV/U

+ Added Wound textures to PCDF Western Troops

+ Added FN FNC Series (Thanks to 18th Pechotni Pluk Tactical Realism Unit)

+ Added Vilas' eastern weapons pack

+ Removed two lowest quality LODs on BMP-1/1P

Nice work Gossamer!

Glad to see one of my all time favourite mods getting better with each release! And sorry to constantly talk about this but: will the Kinzhal be included too?

Awesome! Do you think the desert units will make their way into this release?

They might, there's still quite a bit of work to do on them.

Nice work Gossamer!

Glad to see one of my all time favourite mods getting better with each release! And sorry to constantly talk about this but: will the Kinzhal be included too?

Yeah, they'll be included.

I've fixed the western equipped CDF soldier's models. They had a part missing on the back of the neck.

Also I made a new model for the unarmed western equipped cdf soldier. He has no helmet, no gear. Just the vest and the underlaying clothes + boots.

What will the new SMG be for the CDF? Any plan to change it? I would recommend the Sterling L2A3, but that's just for personal preference.

What will the new SMG be for the CDF? Any plan to change it? I would recommend the Sterling L2A3, but that's just for personal preference.

I can only put in what models I have access to. Crewman have the MP5 still, while for a carabine role, there's the FN FNC Carabine version:

fncc.jpg

That's Awesome! How many variants of the FNC will there be?

Will they have soundmod support/custom sounds?

That's Awesome! How many variants of the FNC will there be?

Will they have soundmod support/custom sounds?

Right now there are 6 models:

- FN FNC

- FN FNC Aimpoint

- FN FNC GL

- FN FNC Aimpoint GL

- FN FNC Carabine

- FN FNC Carabine Aimpoint

It supports soundmods. It inherits it's sounds off of the M16. So whatever soundmod you have, it'll use the M16 sounds.

The standard FNC has an 18" barrel, and the "carbine" model that I'm aware of has a 16" barrel. Used to own a 16" version myself :) The barrel in that pic looks too short as the handguards look "smushed". I'll have to look at Swedish army pics to see if there are any short-barrel versions.

EDIT - there IS an AK-5 short-barrel version and it uses different handguards. THAT'S what I'm seeing different:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/FNC/s_ak5d_test.jpg

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/FNC/s_ak5_polis.jpg

This is the one I owned - sold it when I moved into a new house and regret doing so :(

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/FNC/DSCN2639.JPG

No reply? Must be good enough then.

I just have much time for foruming.

Posting here that you made something doesn't prove authorship. There's quite a ways between something being 'good enough' and then moderator actions for some wrongdoing. If something is called into question and it is not properly answered, the forum rules state that anyone who even posts a screenshot of something without the proper permission can be banned, depending on the circumstances. So, whatever you two think is best.

I just have much time for foruming.

Posting here that you made something doesn't prove authorship. There's quite a ways between something being 'good enough' and then moderator actions for some wrongdoing. If something is called into question and it is not properly answered, the forum rules state that anyone who even posts a screenshot of something without the proper permission can be banned, depending on the circumstances. So, whatever you two think is best.

I've PM'ed Sadowski so this can be cleared up hopefully.

If we can't come to an agreement on ownership then I'll omit the weapons from the next patch.

Version 1.07 is pretty much good to go, just waiting on the whole permissions debacle to be resolved. I would just rip all the FN FNC content out for this patch, but I don't really want to as then I'll have to put it all back in afterwards.

The 2S1's artillery computer is now hitting its mark properly thanks to Wld427 and Sekra from PRACS Mod. Big thanks to those two gents!

I'll be making a few more content related changes and then the version will be packed up and sent to our beta testers for approval!

If anybody else is interested in joining the team (Modelers, Texture Artists, Config Writers, Testers, Mission devs, etc)... please PM me as we're always looking for more people to help out!