Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

Hazar-Kot Valley - Release Thread

Thanks for all the efforts you have put in this map. One of the best maps i have tried so far. The only problem i found is that when using mission assistant(not sure if in English is called that way, i have Spanish version) and try to edit the units and objectives positions all of them are out of the map limits, so you can´t actually edit it. Other than that superb map!

Thank you! and your'e welcome. :) I'm not sure what the mission assistant is, but I'm guessing this problem is because of the fact that my map is a lot smaller than Takistan etc. not sure how to fix this though, so if anyone have any ideas I'd be happy to hear them. :)

awesome top notch map,,,,, realistic, natual, and many excellent word people use in the previous post that i can't agree more...

a little map that pack a punch,,, its like a fancy french dinner tiny but taste and looks stunning though u don't want too much of it cause every thing would just turn dull. (and i don't like vegetable, not too much of it,,, i ment the amount of trees and bush)

if u made this map for the BI map competition i would surely vote for ur map

BIG BIG ty for ur time and effort for making this map

Edited by j rock

@ McNools

Could you please provide Dslyecxi with the informations he need so he can include your great map into the next version of the ShackTac Fireteam HUD ? :)

@ McNools

Could you please provide Dslyecxi with the informations he need so he can include your great map into the next version of the ShackTac Fireteam HUD ? :)

Well, I have no idea what that information might be, so I can't really help until I know. :)

Here's my grid config for this map:

class Grid : Grid {
		offsetX = 0;
		offsetY = 5120;

class Zoom1 {
			zoomMax = 0.0001;
			format = "XY";
			formatX = "0000";
			formatY = "0000";
			stepX = 10;
			stepY = -10;
		};\
		class Zoom2 {\
			zoomMax = 0.2;
			format = "XY";
			formatX = "000";
			formatY = "000";
			stepX = 100;
			stepY = -100;
		};\
		class Zoom3 {
			zoomMax = 1;
			format = "XY";
			formatX = "00";
			formatY = "00";
			stepX = 1000;
			stepY = -1000;
		};
	};

This makes 2+2 digit (1000 m^2) and 3+3 digit (100 m^2) grids on map and 4+4 grids on the GPS (ACE style).

For the HUD, this works with the above (haven't tested it with the default grids):

class ST_FTHud_IslandSettings {
class MCN_HazarKot {
	Centre[] = {50, 5050};
	Scale = 0.66;
	Zoom = 0.095;
};
};

I'll look into it for the next version, :) would it cause problems if you don't have ShackTac Fireteam HUD installed though?

I'll look into it for the next version, :) would it cause problems if you don't have ShackTac Fireteam HUD installed though?

No problems at all. Thanks!

Sounds good! I'll look into it. I'd like to fix other bugs and such for the next version before releasing it though, so that it's worth the download for the ones not using the ShackTac Fireteam HUD. Right now the only change (that I remember) is fixing one of the houses at the mine (the ground was sticking up through the floor) and adding some detail around the compound to the far north.

Amazing map!!, man i would love to see some PVP on this.

Will this be ported to Arma 3? I read Arma 3 will have PVP

I have no idea if it will be ported to ArmA3 or not, don't even know if it's possible. :)

I have no idea if it will be ported to ArmA3 or not, don't even know if it's possible. :)

I hope so :D I think someone in the community will find a stable way of porting maps to Arma 3!

A bit late to the party but yet another awesome map, great work McNools and thanks for sharing!

/KC

Nice video! :) Putting it up in the first post if that's okay!

Nice video! :) Putting it up in the first post if that's okay!

No worries here, Mc. Go ahead.

Yo Mc, very nice island. I got a question: In my dynamic mission, it's only picking one town as a mission zone. Did you declare all the areas as hills, towns, villages and stuff like that??

Yo Mc, very nice island. I got a question: In my dynamic mission, it's only picking one town as a mission zone. Did you declare all the areas as hills, towns, villages and stuff like that??

hm, don't think I've assigned anything like that apart from city centres unfortunatly. :/

No, not really. I do have a version on my computer with a couple of changes (fixed a bug with a building that was mentioned and added a few more bushes someplace, if I recall correctly), but it's not something I'm focusing on right now. :)

Mate, just d/l this map yesterday.....AWESOME!!!

started making a HVT snatch mission straight away it inspired me so much!.

Thanks for your hard work, Your T1 units are right at home on this one.

Thought I had replied that I put up a link to your new video in the first post, but apparently not! I hope I get to see a couple of videos from Aliabad once I release it aswell. :)

Amazing island. Thank you McNools!

I tried to search for missions for it but couldn't find any. Does someone direct me for coop missions made for this island that do not require ACE?