mk82 are dumb bomb how the hell are you supposed to lock targets?

go play modernfield because you don't know nothing about reality and ACE it's a mod that bring realsim to a simulator,absolutely not unnecessary bells and whistles.

btc add also unrealistic loadouts you can't blame ACE mod if it prevent doing idiots choices.

The squares on the hud are not locked target but only detected ones, a square inside a circle with beep sound means a tgt is locked.

go play modernfield because you don't know nothing about reality and ACE it's a mod that bring realsim to a simulator,absolutely not unnecessary bells and whistles.

Let's keep it civil in here. Some people have different playstyles and you should respect that. Realism isn't the be-all and end-all and doesn't define who is superior.

whoa, no need to become offensive mate.

i play this series since ofp and will continue to stick with it :)

so i leave "modernfield" as you call it to the quick fix kiddies :p

as for realism, aye, i agree partly there, an A-10 doesnt kit hellfires either, but after all, i am not sitting in a cockpit either, hehe...

and as to how much realism one needs or wants to feel comfortable with what in the end is still played as a simulator or game should be up to individual taste, and not be a cause to start dissing people for simply voicing their opinion.

i only stated a fact as to what the game does with and without the mod and asked if or how to accomplish the same.

mods aside, i , personally, get my kick out of teamplay and coordination, i dont need to have my ears ringing, have my character collapse after 50 meters or intentionally ruin my voice comms quality just to enjoy the game or feel the realism.

i dont comment on those that do and admire those that come up with mods to cater for just about anybodies taste.

least i could expect is the same kind of respect as a gamer :)

my 2 cents.

@McSpeed - ACE isn't everyone's cup of tea easpecially when everything is switched on. Check out Robalo's ASR Apendix mod which (via userconfig) allows you to easily toggle some of the more esoteric features on and off.

The great thing about ACE2 is that it does provide the environment for the realism junkies, but most of it can be tailored to suit your playing style.

As for the name calling, well, you did kind of turn up at a Motorhead gig and called Lemmy a poof ;-) Me, I'm more of a Bee Gees kind of guy, so what do I know!

I play vanilla and ACE and always miss a feature of the one I'm not playing at that moment! Having said that in MP, ACE really comes into it's own - that's the environment it was made for - it can be tricky to learn everything though!

The biggest thing you have to remeber is that ACE is made by people like us with what we know is everything in its self and then some you know.

aye i am well aware of that :)

back in ARMA we used to play ACE, though after a while it just got too much for my own , personal, taste.

what drove me away from it , and ultimately from the guys i played with , was the constant updates and delays we had when one of your more casual players joined in only to realise he couldnt connect cause he didnt have the latest version etc.

I think that is the communities biggest problem these days; to join server YX you need mods 1,2,3,4 to join server XY you need 1,6,3,9,6,7 etc... a lot of "separation" going on..

but this is a topic for another forum methinks :)

my 2 cents.

The part you miss is that your 2 cents are not wanted or needed here.

Don't imagine that I am worked up in a lather defending ACE, but it is bewildering to me that simply because the mod is popular, so many people feel they are entitled to come to its thread and bash it.

And when I say 'bash,' I don't mean any kind of vehement, mean-spirited flaming, I mean this:

too many unnecessary bells and whistles with too much effort for my taste - i prefer to keep it a "game"

This isn't constructive criticism, a question, suggestion, request or even expression of frustration from a fan. It's walking into someone else's house and announcing for no valid reason that you dislike their wallpaper. It's a pointless post.

i only stated a fact

No, you stated an opinion...

have my character collapse after 50 meters or intentionally ruin my voice comms quality just to enjoy the game or feel the realism.

...followed by inaccurate hyperbole.

I hope you understand my objections. Cheers.

Dear Sick Boy, I am a independent video game mod designer. I like what I have seen with ACE mod tremendously, and I compare it greatly to the BF2 PR mod because it is so massive. I know this isn't the right place to ask for your help, 'I suppose'. But I can't seem to get anyone's attention from the mod team on this matter. I wanted to inform you or whoever else that was involved with making ACE that I have had some compatibility issues with a mod I am designing called Project "Advanced War Mechanics", AWM.

My main concern is something pretty simple, but I noticed that ACE Mod added something I think was called ACE_DummyManBase. Which in this case I believe was created to replace the standard CAManBase created in the Vanilla game. I think the reason why my compatibility is not working is because ACE replaced all of the standard units with its own, including modified content. I am not going to start an entire thread over this problem, I was hoping to get this settled some where more relative such as this place. And my mod is supposed to add to the effects and share some of them from ACE... of course I made sure that your content was copywrited to public use. So I thought I would also ask for your permission to get involved with something like this as well.

My intention for Advanced War Mechanics is to add a few more features for bullet impacts and player damage and movements. Over time I will continue to grow the mod so its a bit bigger like ACE or SLX. My ideas were simply to add limping to players after being hit, and incremented dependent on the value of player health. I also was wanting to add more of a realistic body armor system to ArmA 2. However I needed help with the body armor because I saw that ACE created or recreated the CAManBase with the ACE_DummyManBase. I also was going to add a very nice blur and shake effect for bullets that hit near a user. Which I already know how to do my self, but I was just trying to get some help from you guys since you know the structure very well.

Sorry if I am asking too much of you guys, I've been working with this mod for two weeks and I've run into a dead end in the scripting. Since I was not familiar with the class structure of ArmA 2 at first, I had to learn and work at the same time. Eventually I got everything to work, so at this moment I tried to add support for the ACE 2 mod, if anyone in the dev team can help I would be most thankful!

Edited by DeclaredEvol

DummyBase is for dummies used in scripts, it is not a replacement for CAManBase.

For further ACE support please find:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/API

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Classlists

and http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Support

Be sure to look into Extended EventHandlers - https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers - thats all you really need to support to be compatible with ACE and many of the other mods.

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

aye i am well aware of that :)

back in ARMA we used to play ACE, though after a while it just got too much for my own , personal, taste.

what drove me away from it , and ultimately from the guys i played with , was the constant updates and delays we had when one of your more casual players joined in only to realise he couldnt connect cause he didnt have the latest version etc.

I think that is the communities biggest problem these days; to join server YX you need mods 1,2,3,4 to join server XY you need 1,6,3,9,6,7 etc... a lot of "separation" going on..

but this is a topic for another forum methinks :)

First off, we always released stable releases, but we recommended the ongoing development. Servers who used the ongoing development just didnt update regular enough and thus you had a lot of servers you couldnt join.

In any case, update schedule has been significantly reduced; http://wiki.ace-mod.net/ACE_future_plans_and_ARMA_3, the version checking relaxed: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/ACE_version_situation_resolved

And if you want to run many mods in MP, as server or client, you can use Six Updater; http://www.six-updater.net/p/about.html

http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

We bring many solutions to the table, yet its up to people to use them.

When there are bugs/issues, you can report them http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting, if people don't report or without detail, it's their own fault.

Im not sure what your angle is here. If ACE is not your game, feel free to move along.

Edited by Sickboy

Momo - Stereo - 5.1

Im troubling withe planes, when i do a bad landing , i get the unconcius state, and the borders of the screens turn into black, but in a way tha cant be reverted respawning , neither healing with epi, morf medikit.... then only way to recover the screen without the black borders is exiting from server and re-joining

Version 1.3.0 522 of the ACE

is there any variable to deactivate that effect? or what can i do to solve that problem?

Hey all,

I've been searching and doing a lot of painful testing to try and find out what the different .pbo files within ACE 2 do. Is there anything out there that defines each file?

I'm looking for something like what has been done in the readme for the SLX mod. How they give the file name and a brief description of its purpose. Its great when doing modding or creating your own modules.etc

I mostly play single-player due to slow internet & unreliable connection (partially due to unreliable income). Some of the features of ACE cause problems in some of my missions & scripts.etc... There are also several bugs that prevent features from working and/or negatively effect other areas of gameplay.

I don't want to remove ACE, as I do enjoy most of its features. However sometimes it is necessary for me to remove specific features due to bugs/conflicts. This is normally a painful process of closing the game, removing .pbo files & restarting until I get the desired result. So, does anyone have anything or know where to get definition/description for ACE2 .pbo files?

It would be a big help.

For example, the ACE 2 grenade throwing feature is very buggy on my computer. When I throw a grenade, the animation is doubled up so it appears as if I throw 2 grenades (about a half second apart). The first grenade shown in the animation always goes farther but it disappears as soon as the second grenade is thrown. The second grenade is the real one, as it will land and explode. And changing the throw method (another ace feature) has no effect on anything. -- Also, quite often the grenade throwing feature will cease to function completely after a few successful throws. When this happens the throwing animations are still played except no grenades is thrown, it just looks like hes throwing air.... This can be EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING as it always seems to happen at the worst times.... -- My solution; simply remove "ace_sys_grenadethrow.pbo" & "ace_sys_grenades.pbo" (cant remember exact names) and restore the normal grenade throwing....

So, if anyone can help me out with identifying the ACE2 .pbo files I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

VS

Please do not just try removing PBOs you are far more likely to break something even worse than before. If you are having errors with specific systems usually there is a way to disable them via script.

Will there be a return of the spotting rifle/spotting rounds for the SMAW. Unless I have missed something it seems to have been removed from the mod.

@vonsteimel - yikes!

A lot of stuff can be turned on/off via globals - check out the ACE documentation on WAGN. Also check out Robalo's ASR Appendix mod - he allows some fine control of ACE with that via userconfig. As for the scripted grenade stuff, you can turn that off in the ACE Clippi (Manual Options).

So I see that you are a ACE2 Dev? Can you provide any answers or sources for the .pbo files?

I'm playing singleplayer and not worried about breaking something. If all else fails, ACE is very easy to reinstall.... And I do know about disabling things via script but the instruction list is quite small compared to the amount of features ACE2 has... I have been able to achieve much more satisfactory results by removing .pbo files.

What I'm looking for has to exist somewhere. Why not release that information for all to use? I'm sure there are many other people wanting the same thing, for a variety of reasons.

Thanks,

VS

thanks guys, your help will be very useful. If I get better at scripting, maybe I can help you out if you guys ever want it :)

regards, Evo!

Sickboy, with the new downloads of ACE via Six Updater, I am getting these error messages when approaching helicopters via foot when they are running:

private "_breathing";
private ["_unit"," _amount"]; 	_unit = i>
 Error position: <private ["_unit"," _amount"]; 	_unit = i>
 Error Local variable in global space
File x\ace\addons\sys_stamina\fnc_inc_breathing.sqf, line 7
Error in expression <_breathing == 0 ) then {
_this spawn {
private ["_unit"," _amount"]; 	_unit = i>
 Error position: <private ["_unit"," _amount"]; 	_unit = i>
 Error Local variable in global space
File x\ace\addons\sys_stamina\fnc_inc_breathing.sqf, line 15

Thank You

Sickboy, with the new downloads of ACE via Six Updater, I am getting these error messages when approaching helicopters via foot when they are running: Thank You
Thanks, solved: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30892, please in the future use the issue tracker, cheers.

Should I retry ACE? I installed it years (I think) ago just after it was first released to the public. I remember loving it overall, but hating a few features enough to turn me away from the mod. For example blacking out flying a plane when you're not a pilot, ears ringing when firing a machine gun if you're not a machinegunner, and flopping on the ground like a little kid throwing a fit when you get "exhausted" carrying too much weight. I realize there are people who say it's not realistic to fly jets if you're not a pilot, etc. Try to think of it from my perspective though. I play Evolution a lot and other large scale coop missions. The missions are not set up to be this system and can cause a lot of frustration as you constantly black out, lose hearing, or otherwise be penalized. Anyway has this been fixed so it works properly with most missions now? Possibly just turning off the annoying features?

I should note I loved ACE in ArmA 1.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I've always been an ACE only player and I've got to say those annoyance never steered me away but I feel your pain, that said they are less and less nowadays. I rarely put earplugs in and don't really notice deafness as rapidly as before, blackouts while piloting seem less and less, or maybe it's me adapting.

This would be my biggest remaining grief, it's incorrect and unsafe.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28111

Edited by Hillsbills

Should I retry ACE? I installed it years (I think) ago just after it was first released to the public. I remember loving it overall, but hating a few features enough to turn me away from the mod. For example blacking out flying a plane when you're not a pilot, ears ringing when firing a machine gun if you're not a machinegunner, and flopping on the ground like a little kid throwing a fit when you get "exhausted" carrying too much weight. I realize there are people who say it's not realistic to fly jets if you're not a pilot, etc. Try to think of it from my perspective though. I play Evolution a lot and other large scale coop missions. The missions are not set up to be this system and can cause a lot of frustration as you constantly black out, lose hearing, or otherwise be penalized. Anyway has this been fixed so it works properly with most missions now? Possibly just turning off the annoying features?

No, realistic features have not been "fixed" by being deleted.

Why on earth are you playing ACE evolution anyways? Vanilla servers are everywhere. You shouldn't be running ACE unless ACE is on the server, and ACE versions of domi and evo should be correctly set up for ACE. I also don't see how hard it is to put in earplugs, or carry reasonable equipment. I can count on one hand the number of time's I've become exhausted in a properly-run MP game.

This would be my biggest remaining grief, it's incorrect and unsafe.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28111

Yeah, I've seen a lot of informed complaints on that one. For the record, deleting the A10 pbo has no ill effects that I have ever heard of, and lots of JSRS users do it.

You might want to look into the same thing, Juggernaught. It's risky, but I've never run across problems from deleting certain pbos, and you can't do any lasting damage.