For a TVT missions running ace wounds to get dead players to spectate mode after bleeding out. I also want JIPs to go straight into spectate until mission end.

I have spectate mode while wounded on in the init field of the module. Respawn=1. I tried using an event handler to detect dead and launch the spectate mode and that did not work either.

Right now, I get "Spectate Mode Initialized" and nothing happens when a player bleeds out. JIPs come in and the spectate screen will flash but then go black.

I followed what I found from seraching in this thread but it didn't change a thing: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ectator-script

The system is based on the configs for the ammo, mainly indirectHitRange and indirectHit values. They are used to determine how far out the system should look for "targets" and how fast the chunks should be moving initially. Individual ammo types can have the system disabled or forced on (if they dont meet the base criteria for the system to automatically track them). Each type of ammo can have its own array of fragmentation ammo types that are spawned. Right now its uses 5.56 and 7.62 as well as 12 gauge slugs. These are not that great, but for now work until I add something better in. Again these can be changed on a per-ammo basis or affecting an entire class of ammo.

A multiplier value can increase or decrease the amount of fragmentation over all. The default value of 1 will throw around 0-3 pieces of fragmentation at a human sized target. A tank gets about 10 or so pieces. The amount is determined by the size of the object in cubic meters based off its bounding box. There is a hard limit of 10 per object. A random deviation is applied to the vector from the explosion to the target.

AI and vehicles are targeted. An empty vehicle will have very little fragmentation thrown at it because there is no AI or human players that would be affected.

There is a total hard limit right now of 120 pieces of fragmentation per explosion for performance reasons (and it is disabled on certain systems like FFAR and the Mk19/AGS-30, too much chance for desync).

In addition to the target hits it takes 10% of the remaining number of pieces available and randomly distributes them for effect.

Thin skinned vehicles are affected. The first time I tested it I was killed instantly in a BTR-70 at 120 some meters from one of the M109's 155mm shells going off. Thinking this was maybe too powerful I tried it a few more times and didn't get hit, so it seems like its pretty decent.

Its in the ACE repo now, enabled by default, and should be in the next release. :)

Doesn´t this mean that a fully loaded bus will get an insane amount of fragments thrown at it?

Doesn´t this mean that a fully loaded bus will get an insane amount of fragments thrown at it?

Nope, because I ignore people that are inside a vehicle for that reason. Also as of last night it only does a certain number of fragments per 1 degree arc.

Noubernou may the new fragmentation style cause lag in large TvT games?

Players in TvT generally know better than to shoot HEAT rounds everywhere, and grenades and FFARs are exempt, so it seems like you're only going to have one explosion to deal with at a time.

Noubernou may the new fragmentation style cause lag in large TvT games?

There is the chance given some situations, but for the most part I have gone to every step to try and minimize it. While this current implementation is only a week old, I've been working on a good MP fragmentation system for a year or more now.

i got this in my rpt, what does it mean ?

[52096,1605.07,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

It means you have Enhanced Armor ticked on in your difficulty options, just like the error says.

You're on easy mode, giving your character extra hitpoints, and it isn't compatible with the Wounding system.

Turn up to Regular or Veteran difficulty. Or go into the custom difficulty settings.

It's related only to infantry or also vehicles?

imho enhanced armor it's not so bad,it simulates the increased protection offered by a body armour,but i don't know if it affects vehicles also...

I only play vet or expert on our ded server. Do i have to set anything specific for my charakter itself in ace?! Sounds weird

It's related only to infantry or also vehicles?

imho enhanced armor it's not so bad,it simulates the increased protection offered by a body armour,but i don't know if it affects vehicles also...

Body armor is already taken into account in the ACE wounds system and vehicle armor is dealth with by the Vehicle Damage simulation system.

I only play vet or expert on our ded server. Do i have to set anything specific for my charakter itself in ace?! Sounds weird
If you don't mind SinglePlayer/Editor/Local Server play, then you can ignore the message. Otherwise adjust the mentioned difficulty setting or change default diff to something higher.

Stupid question I accidently disabled ACEX somehow under expansions and now the game wont load because it cant load a script macro. How do I renable ACEX so I can run the game?

Stupid question I accidently disabled ACEX somehow under expansions and now the game wont load because it cant load a script macro. How do I renable ACEX so I can run the game?

Start the game with a launcher like Six Updater or other, use -mod= in a shortcut, or find the arma2oa cfg or profile (I think config), and manually edit it to include the mods you wish.

I opened the arma2oa cfg file with notepad ++ but really dont see a place to enable or disable it. its in the list though among the other mods i got running.

-mod= works but then that disables the GUI expansions menu then i'll have to create a long list again in the command line.

I'll just use the -mod method nevermind...

Edited by Flash Thunder

I opened the arma2oa cfg file with notepad ++ but really dont see a place to enable or disable it. its in the list though among the other mods i got running.

-mod= works but then that disables the GUI expansions menu then i'll have to create a long list again in the command line.

I'll just use the -mod method nevermind...

About time to start using a launcher, manually managing -mod= lines, especially with larger modsets is crazy! :)

You can also try the A2OA Troubleshooting section to request assistance on fixing the game's configuration to make the ingame mod manager work again.

About time to start using a launcher, manually managing -mod= lines, especially with larger modsets is crazy! :)

You can also try the A2OA Troubleshooting section to request assistance on fixing the game's configuration to make the ingame mod manager work again.

Yeah i get intimidated for some reason when it comes to mod managers. I should look into the six updater. :D

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the correct place but I've got a problem with ACE clippi.

When I try to change the keybindings my settings won't save.

I am running clippi, and also in admin mode. I tried to do it manually as well but nothing gets coppied to my clipboard when I press save.

It seems I'm not the only one, and I've even found a mention of this in the bugtracker (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30549) but no way to solve it.

Hopefully someone here knows how to fix this.

EDIT: Nevermind this, I couldn't see another save button because of different resolutions.

Edited by Wize

decided to try ACE last night though i was very hesitant about it for various reasons.

right away i noticed a problem:

A-10 with custom loadout (BTC) cannot lock targets anymore, at least not the usual way and i couldnt figure out how.

to me this is a game breaker.

any way to fix this?

-edit, yes, i did search and google for an answer btw :) all i found was the fact that the GBU's dont need to be locked when a laser is active.

But i couldnt get the sidewinders to lock on targets, and MK82's cant acquire targets either.

McSpeed Mk82's wont lock onto anything as they are dumb bombs, however I do not know what the issue is with your sidewinders (may be a key duplication somewhere)

hmm, normally i lock via TAB (next target) this doesnt work at all, for no weapons, be it sidewinders, mavericks or hellfires.

Probably the custom weapons/magazines/ammo inherits from other classes, and do not set various lockable/targeting config properties according to the wanted functionality.

While ACE possibly adjusts the classes that are inherited from, to correct weapons/magazines/ammo properties to more reallife capabilities,

or supported by ACE custom scripting solutions, e.g http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Missile_Guidance_Improvements.

Fix could be to add the various lockabe/targeting config properties to the custom classes for the addon. Or if supported by ACE custom scripting solutions, add support for it; http://wiki.ace-mod.net/API

If that's not possible due to hardcoding, please let us know in detail: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Bug_Reporting

Perhaps the Config Browser can aid in finding the differences and solutions, here's an example of CfgWeapons>M9 compared between ACE and 1.60 vanilla:

http://browser.six-projects.net/configclasses/CfgWeapons%3EM9/diff?versions=58,62

Edited by Sickboy

decided to try ACE last night though i was very hesitant about it for various reasons.

right away i noticed a problem:

A-10 with custom loadout (BTC) cannot lock targets anymore, at least not the usual way and i couldnt figure out how.

to me this is a game breaker.

any way to fix this?

-edit, yes, i did search and google for an answer btw :) all i found was the fact that the GBU's dont need to be locked when a laser is active.

The A-10 could never lock things with its bombs, even in vanilla. ACE doesn't change the function of the Mavericks, either.

If you want to use a custom loadout with the A-10, use the ACE EASA system, not a potentially conflicting mod.

btc is not a mod but a script. you can add any ordonance by classname to the loadout - and yes, i can lock on targets with the mk82's and even lock up targets for the gau ( not that it tracks them though - lock on is just display )

but nvm, i just leave ace be.

too many unnecessary bells and whistles with too much effort for my taste - i prefer to keep it a "game" :)