Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

So, if this helped, then perhaps worth of try instead of turning off whole cargo system is putting these tank groups in this array?

RydHQ_NoCargo = [] – Groups contained in this array will be not used for cargo missions;

Small chance, as for cargo mission are chosen only groups of cargo category, and only such groups NoCargo should affect, but who knows?

Another long shot, if above not help, would be putting this line into init field of every tank in such groups:

this setVariable ["Hired",true]
Edited by Rydygier

So, if this helped, then perhaps worth of try instead of turning off whole cargo system is putting these tank groups in this array?

Small chance, as for cargo mission are chosen only groups of cargo category, and only such groups NoCargo should affect, but who knows?

Another long shot, if above not help, would be putting this line into init field of every tank in such groups:

Okay thanks

I will try if any of the two suggestions work

I'll also add some additional condition in cargo code for next version, that perhaps will help here. This is blind guess, but anyway such additional check will be good thing.

I haven't experienced this bug before, but i will try it with the lobogulfwar mod later, there are also the possibillity to let tanks be used as transport for infantry.

Anyway im looking forward to your next version.. :)

Try this:

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/89794232/file.html

Changes:

- added RydHQ_CargoFind = 100; init config into LeaderHQ init field to activate cargo system.

- Each Leader needs four objectives on map, so note changes in the triggers condition and activation fields also relocated first and second for one side, as seems, that was in wrong order. Shape of these triggers have no meaning.

Note, that cargo will be used only if certain conditions are met. What conditions? Well, I recommend carefully read the manual (that is its purpose), seems, that you haven't done it yet. :) Video tutorial by Hobbesy is also very useful, same - demo missions. Tested with turned off recon and turned on rapid capturing (see manual if interested), cargo was used properly. Good luck. :)

Thank You !! :) I will read manual for sure :) But im very weak at scripting etc

Its been awhile sense I've posted anything, But I just wanted to say RYD thanks for the hard work you do on this mod. Bohemia should think about bringing you on board. Anyways More I44 configs available on HAC config thread. ;)

Was made small demo, for interesed in matter "How to degrade HAC to the troops wave mindless sender" :)

HACWaves (1.42)

or how to achieve higher attack concentrations on objective area.

Hello.

I tried to use the Ryd100 naming method with troops created using scripts. But I am unable to set the names correctly so that hetman ai recognizes them as its units.

_leadpos = getmarkerpos "Ryd1";
_group1 = creategroup east;
"RU_Commander" createUnit [ _leadpos, _group1, "LeaderHQ = this;", 1.0, "CAPTAIN"];
"RU_Soldier_SL" createUnit [ _leadpos, _group1];

LeaderHQ = this; does not appear to be working.

Does someone know a way to name them with a script as if i was naming them in the editors name field ?

Ps. Does someone know a way to spawn a vehicle full of all the crewmen or do I need to always add them one by one.

Wow. First known to me person, that utilizes naming control mode. :)

Be sure, that SubAll is turnedOff and proper limited mode is turned on.

So for each group, that should be under LeaderHQ control, its TL should be named with pattern: Rydx, where x is number from 1 to the limit.

Perhaps easier with scripted spawning will be RydHQ_Included array method? If I'm not mistaken, to use naming method inside script, should be used some method to bind two strings: "Ryd" and "stringednumber", and then somehow, do not know how right now, turning such made string "Rydstringednumber" into global variable name. Something with setVehicleVarName perhaps? Unless you want repeat spawning code for each name sepratelly, in same form, as for LeaderHQ...

Anyway you can try:

"RU_Commander" createUnit [ _leadpos, _group1, "", 1.0, "CAPTAIN"];

LeaderHQ = leader _group1;//Ryd1, Ryd2...Ryd100, whatever

or:

LeaderHQ = _group1 createUnit ["RU_Commander", _leadpos, [], 0, "FORM"] 
LeaderHQ setRank "CAPTAIN";
LeaderHQ setSkill 1;

or try (not sure, if this will work)

"RU_Commander" createUnit [ _leadpos, _group1, "LeaderHQ = this;", 1.0, "CAPTAIN"];
[url="http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/processInitCommands"]processInitCommands[/url];

As for Included array method, after each new group spawn use such line:

RydHQ_Included = RydHQ_Included + [_spawnedGroup];

or more efficient:

RydHQ_Included set [(count RydHQ_Included),_spawnedGroup];

Ps. Does someone know a way to spawn a vehicle full of all the crewmen or do I need to always add them one by one.

BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle (need function module on map)

Edited by Rydygier

Thank you very much for your help Rydygier. You are the best.

I decided to do as you recommended and used the inclusion method.

But now I have another problem. I am trying to spawn groups as garrisons using this:

_garrpos1 = getmarkerpos "g1";
_group2 = creategroup east;
"RU_Soldier_SL" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];
"RU_Soldier_AR" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];
"RU_Soldier_AT" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];
"RU_Soldier" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];
"RU_Soldier_MG" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];
"RU_Soldier_Marksman" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];
"RU_Soldier_GL" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];
"RU_Soldier_LAT" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];
"RU_Soldier_Medic" createUnit [ _garrpos1, _group2];

RydHQ_Included set [(count RydHQ_Included),_group2];
RydHQ_Garrison set [(count RydHQ_Garrison),_group2];

The troops get included but they are used as regular troops. Do you know why ?

NVM. I got it to work by doing... something ?? Maybe it was the inclusion of RydHQ_Garrison = [] in the init. Maybe the added delay to HAC init.

Edit2. Do multiple artillery units work ? For example having a group of podnos and a group of d-30 ? Would they both fire ?

Edited by Bumgie
New question added

Edit2. Do multiple artillery units work ? For example having a group of podnos and a group of d-30 ? Would they both fire ?

You can have any number of groups with any number of guns per group and they will fire if all conditions for firing are met, eg target between min and max range, no own forces too close etc. Condition is, that in given group all guns must be of exactly same kind, so you can have eg a group of D-30 and another group of PODNOS, but is not allowed group consisting both, D-30 and PODNOS.

Back to the radio chatter theme - in fact last few days I'm mostly experimenting with sound editing (quite new matter for me). Have 3 full sets (thanks, guys :) ) counting at least for another two, best, if more (one declared, and at least one perhaps will be)... Anyway. I estimate, that full package will have about 8 MB. Currently have two packages for these three sets, one with light radio distortion, second with heavy distortion. Planned also medium. So, would do you prefer one of these versions, or do you want just to have choose each play? Such versatile solution have of course its cost - additional 16 MB or so...

Was made small demo, for interesed in matter "How to degrade HAC to the troops wave mindless sender" :)

HACWaves (1.42)

or how to achieve higher attack concentrations on objective area.

Do they attack completely mindless, for example will armour charge in when AT units are known about, or is there still some technique applied?

Well, in fact all "thinking" is intact, but its impact is limited, as all units, including idle/reserve is going fast towards target area (so yes, probably armored will be sent regardless of AT weaponry presence, if not with attack, then as idle/capturing). If enemy would be spotted - HAC will try to maintain his normal behavior as much, as possible in such circumstancies.

BTW in next version probably will be present small tweak, that will allow user to set manually, how many of available groups (eg 10%) of four basic types should be sent against single enemy group instead of default 3/2/1/2 (inf-soft/arm/air/snp). This, with possibility of manual set of reserve percentage, gives in simply way wide area for causing serious changes on the course of battle including another, better way for such massive rushes.

Edited by Rydygier

Back to the radio chatter theme - in fact last few days I'm mostly experimenting with sound editing (quite new matter for me). Have 3 full sets (thanks, guys :) ) counting at least for another two, best, if more (one declared, and at least one perhaps will be)... Anyway. I estimate, that full package will have about 8 MB. Currently have two packages for these three sets, one with light radio distortion, second with heavy distortion. Planned also medium. So, would do you prefer one of these versions, or do you want just to have choose each play? Such versatile solution have of course its cost - additional 16 MB or so...

I don't understand what you mean Rydygier. The two versions are different in the amount of distortion? So, does either version sound natural to the environment of the game?

Each version will have radio-like changed (distorted etc) voice. So at least should sound like radio chat, and not like some guy next to you speaking. Spent some time on youtube searching for "real" radio chatter to compare and take pattern. Noted however, that there are quite big differencies, means there is no one, proper pattern of voice distortion, that will make it sounds like received via military walkie-talkie. Possible variants are many, and my abilities in sound editing limited, same as tools... so decided to prepare several versions, as convincing, as I'm able to make. Each will sound somehow differently and will have other level of distortion. First package contain quite clear voices, only "flattened" with low static. Second - is heavy distortion. Some shouts are barely understandable, and there is more heavier static. Last should be something in the middle. I doubt, if any version will sound exactly like default radio messages in Arma, that are really clear except these light noises added. It is no bad, as default comm is sent direct to you, when this chatter is background, where others are talking, catched from time to time on your radio.

Some examples:

First version:

Artillery assigned out

Second version:

Artillery assigned out

Such lever of distortion makes some shouts hard to understand:

Keep your heads down, dammit!

(for each radio message Arma will add "beeps" (different in JSRS) and known from vanilla messages "cracks")

The question is, if this is what you, people want. Which version is better, if any is good, or perhaps you want to have a choice each play.

Edited by Rydygier

Could they be in separate removable folders in the mission directory with options in the init, such as regular distortion, heavy distortion, disabled?

For script version - sure. I can release additional packages separatelly too, then user will choose best for him and copy&paste chosen package. Things are more complicated, if we want such thing for addon version.

Then I'm even not sure, how would be best: some additional pbo, that will override default (not sure how at the moment) in separate/same download, or using same, not pbo-ized packages as for script version, with some additional .hpp config, where user have to put path to the package used for radio class registration purpose in config.cpp - anyway, this means complications for me, but most important, also for users, who will have to mess with all this.

And I preffer to avoid making addon version even a bit more complicated in use, as IMO addon version is mostly for people, that do not want any scripting or other usage complications. I do not like also assymetric variant, where user can separatelly choose and download another package only in script version. A compromise is to release all packages in one pbo, with one chosen by default, and switchable to another package via init variable, similar for script version. But this costs MB. Of course, if someone is doing HAC-based mision, and want to keep low MB weight, there will be always possible some small code changes in description.ext, that will allow to remove not used sound packages without generating errors about lacking sound files, or to remove all of them if do not want to use radio chatter at all by simply deleting whole sound folder and description.ext file.

Wow those actually sound pretty cool!! Can't wait to play with the new version!

In regards to packaging, I think if all the sounds are good and fit in well, then the pbo addon version can handle another few MB's, anything under 50MB is more than lean enough, for me at least. For the scripted version, the more robust and flexible it is for configuring and modifying the better.

Edited by ssechaud

Hey Rydygier! Any idea as to why artillery support does not appear to work in multiplayer? I know you only do singleplayer, but I was wondering if you had some insight into this mater. I get the artillery support working fine as long as I use it in the editor. As soon as I make the script run on a Headless Client the artillery stops working. What gives ?

Also I would like to know if your other addon fire at will would work better?

Thanks for your help!

rydgier will you be porting this over to the arma 3 alpha/beta by any chance?

would love to see this baby in action over there

Hey Rydygier! Any idea as to why artillery support does not appear to work in multiplayer? I know you only do singleplayer, but I was wondering if you had some insight into this mater. I get the artillery support working fine as long as I use it in the editor. As soon as I make the script run on a Headless Client the artillery stops working. What gives ?

Also I would like to know if your other addon fire at will would work better?

Thanks for your help!

I simply do not know. FAW is nearly same code, so there shouldn't be difference, you can try though (if so, be sure, that HAC's arty is disabled by ArtyShells = 0; ).

Just tested this demo (HAC inside) in SP, MP server side and MP client side (dedicated) - arty is working there in all cases. As for this "Headless Client", I can confirm, that I heard about lately on this forum. And that's it. Do not know nothing about that thing. How it works, what is it, why is it - nothing at all. Can't help here. And there is very small chance, that I'll be able to help with that in the near future, as I'm not going to study headless clients matter.

Only advice - just be sure, that you excluded any else possible cause of fact, that arty is not working (eg see, if arty will work in other MP modes). By curiosity - rest of HAC is working fine on this headless client something?

HAC for Arma 3 - yes, I want to do that. I doubt, if for alpha/beta however. Apart from obvious available cash condition - I would buy A3 only, when become available box version, with data on DVD, only with activation on Steam - with my net connection downloading such amount of data is entirely unreal.