Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

Ok, so this might have ben posted/asked before but I cant find it right now(ben trying to figure it out for ages now).

How do you actualy gett the artillery to work? Ben trying a cupple of things but none seeme to work. I culd use a stepp by stepp explanation or at the verry least a hint on where in the HAC pdf I can find the info(just finished reading it thrue but I am still not sure about how to do it).

Probably becous some english words might have ben missread/interpeted on my part.

Thanks in advance! :)

Now im of to bed NN :D

the Forward observers will call in artilery ( if its placed on map and under the leaders command) automaticaly.

rydgier sorry to be a pain but im still confused about RydBB_MC i read your explanation but none of it is making sence to me lol, could we get a sample mission in the next version please? if its not too much trouble just so i and others can see how to set it up properly, or maybe a simple step by step instruction how to setup a 1km x 1km zone?

Edited by ryanbeckey0

Ok, so this might have ben posted/asked before but I cant find it right now(ben trying to figure it out for ages now).

How do you actualy gett the artillery to work? Ben trying a cupple of things but none seeme to work. I culd use a stepp by stepp explanation or at the verry least a hint on where in the HAC pdf I can find the info(just finished reading it thrue but I am still not sure about how to do it).

Probably becous some english words might have ben missread/interpeted on my part.

Thanks in advance! :)

Now im of to bed NN :D

Artillery works automatically when it is placed on the map. Minimal steps are involved to get it to work. Patience is the first step:

1. In the editor, place a cluster of M119's close together (15 meters apart or so)
  2. Group the M119's together
  3. Play your game

• If you have SubSyncro enabled (when all groups are sync'd to their LeaderHQ's), you'll need to sync the leader of the artillery group with the LeaderHQ(of the appropriate faction)
  • Do not mix groups, such as three M119's and one mortar. The artillery groups must be mutually exclusive, meaning, the groups can only include units of the exact type.
  • Artillery units should be relatively close in proximity to each-other so angle, trajectory, and distance do not inhibit accuracy or damage.
  • MLRS/GRAD work, but be aware they can deadly and mobile, so they may be best suited in small groups, such as two per battery.

Still Experiencing problems, units refuse to get into vehicles. I put "RydHQ_CargoFind = 200" into the init field of the vehicles and the units and they do 1 of 2 things, either they just stand there doing nothing OR they walk in line formation like normal. Also when things do work...my commander must be straight out of 3rd grade, sends units to patrol and "recon" parts of the map that are no where near the objectives. Things to know about my new mission : vanilla units USMC VS Russia, 10 units per side, Map is zargabad, 9 objectives per side across the whole map BLUFOR at the military base to the north, OPPFOR at the most southern edge of the map. Seems like the OPPFOR units move much more quickly and efficiently dominating the map in a few mins when the BLUEFOR commander is still gathering intel and getting his barrings.....is there something iam doing wrong here? running addon cause im not sure how to do the script. THANKS!

rydgier sorry to be a pain but im still confused about RydBB_MC i read your explanation but none of it is making sence to me lol, could we get a sample mission in the next version please? if its not too much trouble just so i and others can see how to set it up properly, or maybe a simple step by step instruction how to setup a 1km x 1km zone?

OK. I think, I should add to the demos lately added most complex features or maybe separate demos for each of them. Till then - step by step:

1. Place on map a trigger where you would like to have center of custom battlefield.

2. Name this trigger RydBB_MC.

3. Set this trigger as rectangular.

4. Set both axis values to 500.

That's it. You have set for BB custom battlefield 1x1 km.

Here is a simple BB demo with this set plus functions module to keep it MP compatibile. This is for HAC addon version:

BB_simple

BTW 1X1 is tiny and using BB for such area is... well. Excentric. :)

Still Experiencing problems, units refuse to get into vehicles. I put "RydHQ_CargoFind = 200" into the init field of the vehicles and the units and they do 1 of 2 things, either they just stand there doing nothing OR they walk in line formation like normal.

HAC will search for empty vehicles in this radius around given group only, if group is assigned to the mission, where cargo may be assigned (see manual, chapter 5, "move in column as usual" is most probably idle mission, where cargo is not assigned). It is secondary feature, not so useful in fact. Never used this personally, only in tests, if I want to have motorized group at the start I just give them vehicle in editor. Main purpose of CargoFind is feature of temporary assigning of external cargo. This one is popular and often used. So CF for permanent assignment of empty vehicles is only slightly tested and this was long ago. Now I tested this for you, in general it works, but something must be changed from previous tests, as I saw only part of group embarking, rest is staying for LAV-25 and four man team. I'll try to fix that for the next version. And of course there must be enough space for whole group in given vehicle.

my commander must be straight out of 3rd grade, sends units to patrol and "recon" parts of the map that are no where near the objectives.

Idle patrols - these orders just give something to do for groups not needed at the moment for "real" tasks. These groups will guard some nearby point, patrol area, guard nearby road or go towards one of secondary objectives, if set, until become needed for primary tasks. Idle is optional and can be disabled. As for recon - three groups (five at night) should be sent towards objective, but obviously not at the exact point, that would be stupid, as this is not recon-by-combat. Recon groups have designated positions around objective, few hundreds meters from it for avoiding firefight. this is non-combat recon. Go there, see, what is there, and return. Wide path of recon is also for checking wide area between Leader and objective.

.is there something iam doing wrong here?

Hm, do not know, how many times I explained this earlier, but seems, that such is simply my fate. Verbal description in 90% of cases does not provide me any important information about possible errors and problems source. Usual is pointless. I need to test personally yours mission. Must add this reminder to the manual... But manual is big enough already. Noted lately, that number of people, that do not read it, or read, but still have questions answered there, increasing, so making manual even bigger may be bad solution. Price of complexicity, I guess. And/or my bad English.

For know I can only guess, that you must to use more than two Leaders, as per Leader is possible only four objectives.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Noted very strange issue with these empty vehicles. Set myself as team member. TL gave order to get in, but only two of four men embarked, third and I stay outside with follow order. I tried to get in - impossible, like vehicle is locked or something, but this may be cause of TL's decision. When I'm TL, there is no such problems - all group is embarking. Must test this further. Even not sure, if this is HAC fault. Same code was working a year ago in A2 1.10.

EDIT: All right, seems, that fixed this and should be working again in next version. In 1.42 - this is broken.

Edited by Rydygier

thanks alot rydgier :) i understand it all now, i just wanted the demo mission to understand how to do it, now i can adjust it to fit my missions :thumbsup: the manual explains it in a very confusing way ( for me anyway )

I'm afraid this - my bad English can make manual content hard to understand. Many was corrected thanks to Orcinus, but after that I added more, not corrected, text, this is part of it.

Trying to catch up with this thread and reading the updated manual I'm amazed over all new features added since last time I used HAC, awesome stuff Rydygier!

/KC

I'm afraid this - my bad English can make manual content hard to understand. Many was corrected thanks to Orcinus, but after that I added more, not corrected, text, this is part of it.

I'm more-or-less back now, so as soon as I can I'll go through the manual. Heh, I haven't had a chance to try even HAC 1.13 yet; BB stuff is all completely new to me. I've a lot of catching-up to do so reading the manual is de rigeur anyway.

:) Great then. Indeed, many new things was added in last half year.

BTW as for current progress - main problems of radio chatting seems to be eliminated, till we get recorded voices, there will be sidechat with dummy radio static sound.

Found also some space to improvements in capturing procedure - do not remember why I set this that way, but currently snipers are first choice for that. Odd. This would be changed, also trying to make, so HAC in one wave will always send number of units, that is not lower than capturing limit starting with most numerous groups.

Artillery works automatically when it is placed on the map. Minimal steps are involved to get it to work. Patience is the first step:

1. In the editor, place a cluster of M119's close together (15 meters apart or so)
  2. Group the M119's together
  3. Play your game

• If you have SubSyncro enabled (when all groups are sync'd to their LeaderHQ's), you'll need to sync the leader of the artillery group with the LeaderHQ(of the appropriate faction)
  • Do not mix groups, such as three M119's and one mortar. The artillery groups must be mutually exclusive, meaning, the groups can only include units of the exact type.
  • Artillery units should be relatively close in proximity to each-other so angle, trajectory, and distance do not inhibit accuracy or damage.
  • MLRS/GRAD work, but be aware they can deadly and mobile, so they may be best suited in small groups, such as two per battery.

OK I am doing exactly what you describe but it still wont use the mortar/artillery units.

Culd you(or anyone ells) post an example mission so I can see if it might be my download of the mod that might be of or if I am indeed as stupid as I might be.

Thanks!

There are several conditions, that must be met to perform fire mission. Must be known enemy between min and max range for given artillery piece: ranges. There must be not any friedly units close to it. If you like, you can upload here yours mission, so I'll check, why arty is not firing. If I'll have enough time later will try to prepare some simple demo with working arty, unless someone do this sooner.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

OK. Here is very simple demo. Contains all, what needed, so just preview this in editor.

There is leader, one howitzer, you as sniper and two targets ahead of you. Go prone, keep targets in your optics just to be sure, that remain known long enough, then go to the map, ignore orders and just wait and watch markers (can take a few minutes before someting will happen). When you'll see "SPLASH" text - it is time for watching boom. Time of Flight for rounds is about 50 seconds.

HACArtyDemo

OK....now things are set in motion, Starting to understand little by little. I think the main issue for me any is that the Main commander has to many units to deal with. How do i assign units to a specific leader? cause i tried to read the manual and from what I tried to get was any unit that you wish to have under the command of a leaded has to be marked by the HQA, HQB, HQC name in the units "name" however when I try to assign more then 1 group to a commander it says that the unit variable is already assigned. Sry man, your help is very very useful but the finer points i dont understand. I deff like however your "customer support" as most dev's are like "F you, figure it out yourself"

Or someone could make a tutorial on youtube to explain this all, there is one but its short and not to discruptive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwGSf-K7E3g

Edited by Anusmangler

OK....now things are set in motion, Starting to understand little by little. I think the main issue for me any is that the Main commander has to many units to deal with. How do i assign units to a specific leader? cause i tried to read the manual and from what I tried to get was any unit that you wish to have under the command of a leaded has to be marked by the HQA, HQB, HQC name in the units "name" however when I try to assign more then 1 group to a commander it says that the unit variable is already assigned. Sry man, your help is very very useful but the finer points i dont understand. I deff like however your "customer support" as most dev's are like "F you, figure it out yourself"

Or someone could make a tutorial on youtube to explain this all, there is one but its short and not to discruptive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwGSf-K7E3g

Check your PM's. I'll try to help you figure it out.

How do i assign units to a specific leader?

A way used in BB demo (one of three possible methods):

1. In your init set RydHQ_SubAll = false; (for A leader, RydHQB_SubAll = false; for B leader and so on) - turning off normal, unlimited control mode, where all units of leader's side would be controlled;

2. Also there set RydHQ_SubSynchro = true; (RydHQB_ etc) so we choose "synchro" limited control mode;

That is all for init config, rest we do on map. Synchronize each group leader, that should be controlled, with Leader, that should control that group. This is all. Clear example you can see in BigBoss_Simple demo included with HAC package.

Another method is using instead of point 2. RydHQ_Included (RydHQB_ etc) by putting inside this array group names, that should be controlled by given Leader eg RydHQ_Included = [group1,group2,group3];

Third method is by proper naming of group leaders, good, that probably no one use this, as is currently broken, as I see, and must fix this. :)

If you get stuck with some issue, give me your mission and I'll try to help. Check also included demos. Perhaps start with simpliest settings, without BB, that makes things more complex.

Now I need go to sleep. I'll read and answer PM's in about 9 hours.

Edited by Rydygier

There are several conditions, that must be met to perform fire mission. Must be known enemy between min and max range for given artillery piece: ranges. There must be not any friedly units close to it. If you like, you can upload here yours mission, so I'll check, why arty is not firing. If I'll have enough time later will try to prepare some simple demo with working arty, unless someone do this sooner.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

OK. Here is very simple demo. Contains all, what needed, so just preview this in editor.

There is leader, one howitzer, you as sniper and two targets ahead of you. Go prone, keep targets in your optics just to be sure, that remain known long enough, then go to the map, ignore orders and just wait and watch markers (can take a few minutes before someting will happen). When you'll see "SPLASH" text - it is time for watching boom. Time of Flight for rounds is about 50 seconds.

HACArtyDemo

oh ok, was basicaly what I did before but with AI as FOs. Guess I wasent patient enugh before. Anyway thanks! Finaly I can start enjoying your fine work here!

Anyways I have some more questions about other things.

So my thughts whent around how it wold work if I whant a certan faction that is on the Bluforce side to wage war against another one on blueforce side ex. US vs USMC. Is there a code I can use to change the side of this faction or shold I just use the placing of an Opforce unit as team leader and make its precance sett to 0%? And how wold this affect for example my tank platoon, shold one place an opforce tank as leader of the platoon or mabe it woldent matter if I placed a infantry unit or a tank unit as leader if it is sett to 0% presance. I wold gues it matters if you use a tank or infantry unit but for convinient reasons it wold be good to know.

I'm still not seeing any fighting in MultiPlayer. I have RydBB_MC trigger and the functions module on the map, but even after an hour of gameplay, the units do not engage the enemy. Any ideas?

Great. Thanks a lot. I'll use this. I'm simply not familiar with US army usual communications form, except this present in Arma, and often not sure of proper grammar forms and vocabulary, so this is very helpful to me. Sadly, there will be no dynamic content as callsigns or locations (text is hard-defined in Description.ext (config.cpp), sound obiously too), all will be in generalized form avoiding names and coordinates, so will look reasonable in any case.

In fact core code is ready, for now only for A leader. Tried to keep at least four variants for each situation, for some more, there will be customizable "chat density", means percentage chance for chat message checked for each situation. There is also mechanism to prevent too long series of messages of same kind (each repeat of same situation chat in a row have lower probability), and another, that sets in the delayed queue messages coming too fast after previous. Also decided to add for some situations, as fear or panic, radio transmissions, that are discipline violations, some very emotional, also some more unconventional.

Of course for now all without sound. When chat list will be completed - we will se, what can be done to obtain also fine sounds.

Rejenorst has released a lot of custom shouts, etc., in several languages/accents (some are modern, others might be useful for Rincewinder/medieval scenarios).

US vs USMC

Never did that, but 0% probablility opfor leader (any, I guess) should do the trick. Another option is spawning units via script with this command: createUnit for the previously created via script opfor side empty group.

the units do not engage the enemy.

If this is not about lack of orders from HAC, but about lack of unit's reaction on known enemy in range, then my guess is same, as previously - For some reason CPU can't cope with that much danger.fsm calls. No other ideas, sorry... :(

Rejenorst has released a lot of custom shouts, etc., in several languages/accents (some are modern, others might be useful for Rincewinder/medieval scenarios).

Great. I must check this. I played one small mission by him and I know, that his voice acting is top work.

Edited by Rydygier

Have played with the new HAC (1.42) a couple of times on my server, and without my server acouple a times also.

And my experience until now, are that on my server it works for an hour or two and then it sudenly stops working, every unit stops moving and no new orders is issued, if its not on my server, it works with a charm all the way. Im playing it with zeus_AI mod, cwr and ACE.

I'm still MP ignoramus, so can't be very helpful with that problems, but if this is some rapid stop, then perhaps your server's RPT logs will tell me something?

I'm still MP ignoramus, so can't be very helpful with that problems, but if this is some rapid stop, then perhaps your server's RPT logs will tell me something?

Thats correct, i play with beta version of CO, and for some reason i dont get a rpt on my server when i play with the beta, or atleast i cant find it.

My next test will be without the beta, and then i will see what the rpt show me.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

And by the way, your new method to calculate the map, works really well, what before took a bunch of time is over in acouple of seconds, nice work :-)

And every thing else, until it stops works really good.

@Sixt:

It may have nothing to do with HAC. Massive slowdowns after 1-2 hours play have been reported by other players in various threads. IIRC there's at least one CIT on the issue, and discussions about such entities as nul objects. Both Dwarden & Suma have been involved, & IIRC Saok has done some work on this & written a 'delete nul' script. Might be worth a look - especially if it solves / lessens the problem. I don't play MP so can't speak from experience.

Rydygier, can you make an example mission for the new ammo drop feature? I would like to confirm how the units are supposed to be set up.

@Sixt:

It may have nothing to do with HAC. Massive slowdowns after 1-2 hours play have been reported by other players in various threads. IIRC there's at least one CIT on the issue, and discussions about such entities as nul objects. Both Dwarden & Suma have been involved, & IIRC Saok has done some work on this & written a 'delete nul' script. Might be worth a look - especially if it solves / lessens the problem. I don't play MP so can't speak from experience.

Thanks for you reply, do yiy have a link??