Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87074

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[87073] Fixed: Helicopter autohover was wobbling a lot (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4478)

[87067] New: Commandline -checkSignatures to provide thorough test of all signatures of all loaded banks at the start game. Output is in rpt file.

Bugtracker:

[86978] Object Reference Not Available from Config Init EH

Rpt always show complete "addons" list since 1.60 RC

:rolleyes:

Edited by Suma

I can already smell the full 1.60 patch - smells like....victory. =) Keep fragging 'em bugs!

I can already smell the full 1.60 patch - smells like....victory. =) Keep fragging 'em bugs!
I have read this a lot in the last 9 months. Hey, its 9 Months now...must be a pretty baby right now.

Looking forward to this one ..... finally, as a helo pilot I won't get seasick !

Anyone else having problem downloading?

EDIT: Must been heavy load, got it after 5 tries...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

...must be a pretty baby right now.

yes, it will become very pretty and intelligent for his little age ,will learn how to duck and cover right and fly heli, spotting enemies and this all from day 0 on ;)

[86971] New: -beta=xxxx as alternative to -mod=xxxx to allow using beta files without affecting mod handling.

so -beta=xxxxx stands for -beta=[betapath], so that you can divide mod folders from the beta folder in the command (target) line, right ?

I just d/l the patch, but it fails to run with this error message in the RPT and on screen:

Version 1.59.79384

ErrorMessage: Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine

The nvidia driver in use is 280.26 and works fine with regular arma2 co. The card is a gtx460, if that matters.

so -beta=xxxxx stands for -beta=[betapath], so that you can divide mod folders from the beta folder in the command (target) line, right ?

Correct.. my batch file to start ArmA2OA with CWR2 looks like this:

SET ARMA2PATH="C:\games\ArmA 2\"
SET ARMA2=Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
SET BETASTRING=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion
SET MODSTRING=@CWR2
start "" /b /D%ARMA2PATH% %ARMA2% -noFilePatching -noSplash -skipIntro -beta=%BETASTRING% -mod=%MODSTRING%

buliwyf, but your batch completely negates the reason -beta= commandline switch exist

when -mod= is used the ingame mod/extension management is disabled (in UI menu)

how do you load mods without the -mod switch? just like -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CWR2 ?

-mod switch still works. You can use -beta for the beta data and -mod for the mods both at the same time if you want, but it isn't really necessary. You may aswell just keep using -mod=...

If you don't use the -mod switch (only -beta for beta data), you can go to the expansions menu in-game and load mods from there.

I've always used the mod switch, never knew you could load your mods through the in game UI. Neato.

If you don't use the -mod switch (only -beta for beta data), you can go to the expansions menu in-game and load mods from there.

yes, that's the feature. thx for bringing it to the point :)

(before this actual beta the feature for selecting mods ingame was reserved for final patch versions only and didn't work with betas, If I'm right)

no the feature for selecting mods is working in code for quite long time ...

just the 'registry' part for A2/OA/BAF/PMC was delivered in RC patch

(on STEAM and Desura it's already ready since it appeared in betas (i'm fast :))

Great work, the jets in multiplayer look fantastic now, no more warping all over the sky.