Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Stagler's Spetsnaz GRU

I know this isn't exactly a popular idea but have replacement configs been thought of for these? Overall these units are nice, keep up the good work.

Someone can make replacement configs if they want. They have my permission.

Haters. Update.

SG_GRU v1.3

• Added Sniper and Spotter in KZS suit
  • Credits to Sarmat for the cap and comms and ArdvarkDB for help with O2
  • CWR2 team for the KZS suit texture

gruteam1.th.jpggruteam3.th.jpg

RapidShare Download Link v1.3

Crisis averted link is back up. Enjoy :)

Edited by colonel stagler

Thanks, keep meaning to make a config for these guys with Vilas' East Weapons pack.

As always a excellent work. But I still miss a Machinegunner (light or heavy is equal), with this it would be perfect for caucasian conflict scenarios.

As always a excellent work. But I still miss a Machinegunner (light or heavy is equal), with this it would be perfect for caucasian conflict scenarios.

Just use the remove weapon addweapon commands to give one of them a machine-gun. simple:)

Just use the remove weapon addweapon commands to give one of them a machine-gun. simple:)

exactly ;)

removeallweapons this; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "PK"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x54_PK"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x54_PK"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x54_PK"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x54_PK"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell";

Thanks for the update! Great work as always!

One small request: Could you change the night vision model to the one used with the PMC models? Would look much better in my opinion.

nvgoggles.jpg

Aye good point. I will change it if anyone knows how to use other BIS NVG proxies.

Aye good point. I will change it if anyone knows how to use other BIS NVG proxies.

Schnapsdrossel has done it with his PMC units. Maybe you could ask him?

Thanks you very much. :)

If you wants photo in Hi Def for texture or inspiration, pm me ;)

<3 Bink (Stagler knows what I am referring to.)

On it like a tramp on chips LAD

Fortunately he was online when I pestered him about it. :cool:

I am a big fan of the Colonel's work, but unfortunately I have to pitch in with some criticism here. It looks like the Colonel was inspired by the pictures from some FSB CzSN competition when he made the spotter and the sniper. There's nothing "GRU" about them... For one thing those hats are worn by the Alpha/Vympel Teams and other FSB Spetsnaz units in the urban environment, but not by the GRU in the field. Not a huge deal, but it just doesn't look GRU...

A much bigger issue is that they are wearing the suppressed ear muffs. These are used in training and in shooting competitions, but never in the field.

Peace,

DreDay

You want to know where I got the inspiriton for the last two models from?

here

here

and here.

The only thing I agree with you on DreDay is the cap. Also they arent sound suppressing earphones, they are comms headset. Hence the microphone on the lefthand side.

The cap, I threw that in for quirkyness. But who says that the GRU wouldnt wear a cap? As far as AKM tells me they wear what the fuck they like.

And I can tell you right now im not making a Leshy suit for them, you can bin that idea. I not a good enough modeller.

Also as a side note. I dont know if you remember these units but I sure do. And they had the same headset.

Edited by colonel stagler

Yeah, I don't particularly mind the hat, it just doesn't look GRU (to me); but again who's to say that they wouldn't wear it?

You gotta agree though - the ear muffs (seen in your first picture of a sniper competition) have got to go...

Peace,

DreDay

They aren't ear muffs, read his post more thoroughly next time. Also I remember those units fondly, were groundbreaking in terms of quality for the time.