Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86476 (1.60 MP build)

Damn another one nice work BIS.

Wonder if this has fixed the bullet impact over 500m ;)

Damn another one nice work BIS.

Wonder if this has fixed the bullet impact over 500m ;)

If the ticket says Resolved.. In any case they are focused on fixing regressions.

Best thing to do for the impact ticket is vote for it and share the link to the ticket and gain interest (votes) for it.

Hi sickboy.

Yeah I have voted for it did that months ago.

I know they have there work cut out with ARMA3 and supporting ARMA2 still so I am not going to push my luck hahaha.

Any ways will try this one out later unless of course they release another by then :P

I wish for this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13606

Also can you allow to be possible to change the Resistance side affiliation during the course of a mission via setFriend command?

Example: Let's say the mission starts with Resistance being enemy to everyone. Within the course of the mission and depending how the player does i can set via a trigger or script the resistance to be friend with BLUFOR or OPFOR.

I'm sorry that I have to say that, but this current 1.60 public beta stage is counterproductive...there is basically no possibilty to do any online multiplayer testing...Yes there are a few servers...but none is populated for the last four days.

Many communitys use acre and the current JayArma2Lib is not compatible with the latest betas...

I'm sorry that I have to say that, but this current 1.60 public beta stage is counterproductive...there is basically no possibilty to do any online multiplayer testing...Yes there are a few servers...but none is populated for the last four days.

Agreed, I test only SP and have to revert to 86233 everytime I want to play on my favourite server :(

even small scale testing is better than none, especially for nailing some more crash cases

Many communitys use acre and the current JayArma2Lib is not compatible with the latest betas...

Frankly if Jaylib was updated our community would be all over the place using this beta. However this cannot be laid at the feet of Bohemia. That is not to suggest the that creators of Jaylib/acre be held accountable! Jay-ACRE is probably one of the most significant modifications-- in terms of pure gameplay enhancing feature offering unparalleled realism-- ever seen in a game.

I would be extremely happy if the fetures modifications like ACRE depend on could somehow be hardwired into Arma3.

Here is a dancing banana. :yay:

edit: by 'community' I refer to our local gaming group; not the community as a whole.

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

Frankly if Jaylib was updated our community would be all over the place using this beta. However this cannot be laid at the feet of Bohemia. That is not to suggest the that creators of Jaylib/acre be held accountable! Jay-ACRE is probably one of the most significant modifications-- in terms of pure gameplay enhancing feature offering unparalleled realism-- ever seen in a game.

I would be extremely happy if the fetures modifications like ACRE depend on could somehow be hardwired into Arma3.

Here is a dancing banana. :yay:

-k

frankly nothing would happen

cause Jay is not around

so even if we released 1.60 as final You would be w/o jaylib for it :)

points for excuse -255 ... :D

Well Dwarden, there is always this

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9436

Your Team should really think about this.

Not having to wait for the new JayArma2Lib everytime a new Beta is released would certainly speed up the testing

sure but not for 1.60 ... unless You can magically freeze the time :)

Hi Dwarden will these fixes also be applied to Arma 2 or only OA?

majority only to OA

A2 will get mainly maintenance to resolve some server/multiplayer/signatures issues

I have OA and every Bohemia game would it be possible to add the arma 2 servers in OA browser if you have combined ops would make it alot easier then always having to launch the Arma 2 Exe.

sure but not for 1.60 ... unless You can magically freeze the time :)

You wouldn't want that. Think about it, if you freeze the time, it is frozen for everyone exept you. That means that you are aging while the others are not. So if you do this more often, then you will look and feel like a 90 year old man when you are officially 60......I think I should get some sleep now before I write more senseless stuff. :rolleyes:

Last night in testing a mission I am making, the gunner of a DSHKM was standing dead.

I had not noticed this before in the previous beta. If I can reproduce it I will create a ticket. I can't find any other open tickets as I thought the issue was resolved a number of beta's ago.

This is most likely a dumb question but how do I install the latest beta on my dedicated server? I do have ftp and remote access....Thanks

JC