shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

Question: Say I want to appoint an AI Commander who will make a base, build barracks, deploy units [inf, armor, air, whatever]

and who will do general stuff what player commander would do, say, attack a waypoint, patrol....

Can I do that with Hijack button on some dude on my side and he will do all this without me telling it what to do

or there is some other way?

Access denied message after respawning in SP (demonized sp respawn script)

Is there a way to get access back? I still get the mission generator action and can open mcc sandbox but anything I try only leads to access denied.

I did read through whole thread but nothing related other than description.ext options, but that should not affect sp?

Access denied message after respawning in SP (demonized sp respawn script)

Is there a way to get access back? I still get the mission generator action and can open mcc sandbox but anything I try only leads to access denied.

I did read through whole thread but nothing related other than description.ext options, but that should not affect sp?

My guess is that demonized SP respawn script switch to another duplicated AI unit after death, therefore the unit name changed. So you won't be able to access MCC again with different name. My advice to you is logout after each MCC session so you can log in back again in case you die.

Question: Say I want to appoint an AI Commander who will make a base, build barracks, deploy units [inf, armor, air, whatever]

and who will do general stuff what player commander would do, say, attack a waypoint, patrol....

Can I do that with Hijack button on some dude on my side and he will do all this without me telling it what to do

My suggestion is: try using some of the warfare's missions out there: http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files_scenarios_mpgamemodes_warfare

You may also want to have a look at "HETMAN - Artificial Commander": http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129003-HETMAN-Artificial-Commander

This seems to be doing exactly what you are looking for

My advice to you is logout after each MCC session so you can log in back again in case you die.[/url]

That makes sense, thanks man.

@ shay_gman

I can`t get the convoy with HVT to work with out issues.The vehicles have a hard time lining up,and will crash into each other trying to form a line.Is there a way to get this to run correctly? Running Arma 2 CO.

Thanks for all your work !

Wolf

Nice to see a new version of this released, especially since I haven't played ArmA II in so long. My only question is this; is this new v6 version compatible with the latest patches for ArmA II, OA, and ACE? I think the last time I used this addon, a new patch for OA had been released, and the two weren't compatible, so in the end I had to use an earlier OA patch.

You may also want to have a look at "HETMAN - Artificial Commander": http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129003-HETMAN-Artificial-Commander

This seems to be doing exactly what you are looking for

I can't seem to make it work at all. I spawn a unit [i chose USMC Commander] named LeaderHQ and make a trigger with objhq name [forgot now] too but he just stays there, doing nothing? Help?

I can't seem to make it work at all. I spawn a unit [i chose USMC Commander] named LeaderHQ and make a trigger with objhq name [forgot now] too but he just stays there, doing nothing? Help?

For this issue you should post your question in the HETMAN thread

Nice to see a new version of this released, especially since I haven't played ArmA II in so long. My only question is this; is this new v6 version compatible with the latest patches for ArmA II, OA, and ACE? I think the last time I used this addon, a new patch for OA had been released, and the two weren't compatible, so in the end I had to use an earlier OA patch.

I'm using MCC with the latest patches (beta 1.60) and latest ACE version

Hi there!

First of all, big thanks for this awesome addon, shay_gman!

I'm using mcc very often. Spice up running missions, adding gear, the CAS,etc.

Most of all i'm working with the implemented 3d Editor, which is pretty cool and easy to use.

But i suggest to decrease the amount of height of an object changed by mouswheel for more accurate placements of fortifications for example.

I already found it in 3rd_placer.sqf and changed z3DHight =z3DHight + 0.5; to z3DHight =z3DHight + 0.1;

It works, but it is a pain in the ass to scroll greater heights.

So my question is: could you add a key down feature, maybe ctrl to switch between the amount during scrolling?

Also, I really don't know how hard it is to script something like that, but is it possible to have a live pitch/bank function for objects?

At last, is there a way to get all the other objects in there? plants, rocks, rails etc. like in the [AS] Editor Update?

Hey, i've got another issue with MCC.

i dont know why, but i've just logged in to the server, Logged in, and it Quadriple the log in line, did the same with spawn (Putting 1 unit - the MCC Puts 4 of them.)

is there any way of fixing that?

Hey, i've got another issue with MCC.

i dont know why, but i've just logged in to the server, Logged in, and it Quadriple the log in line, did the same with spawn (Putting 1 unit - the MCC Puts 4 of them.)

is there any way of fixing that?

It seems like MCC is running 4 time on your server. Can you provide more info: try logging alone, ry logging with some one else. If it doesn't happened when you logged alone then something is causing the other client's machine to fire a request to the server. I personally playing every other night MCC on dedicated server and I don't had any of this (apart from the LHD flags that get spawn multiple time which is already fixed for next release). It is really hard for me to fix bugs I can't reproduce so please always post your bugs in that fashion: Island, session (SP,MP LAN, MP Host, MP Dedicated server), How many players logged in, Problem description, additional mods, Put mission file save in spoiler brocade.

Hi there!

First of all, big thanks for this awesome addon, shay_gman!

I'm using mcc very often. Spice up running missions, adding gear, the CAS,etc.

Most of all i'm working with the implemented 3d Editor, which is pretty cool and easy to use.

But i suggest to decrease the amount of height of an object changed by mouswheel for more accurate placements of fortifications for example.

I already found it in 3rd_placer.sqf and changed z3DHight =z3DHight + 0.5; to z3DHight =z3DHight + 0.1;

It works, but it is a pain in the ass to scroll greater heights.

So my question is: could you add a key down feature, maybe ctrl to switch between the amount during scrolling?

Also, I really don't know how hard it is to script something like that, but is it possible to have a live pitch/bank function for objects?

At last, is there a way to get all the other objects in there? plants, rocks, rails etc. like in the [AS] Editor Update?

Hi, Nice that you are having fun.

I can see what I can do about adding a key for smooth leveling. I don't think I'll add set pitch bank function to MCC ATM, maybe in ArmA3.

I should look into adding the other objects as you requested.

MCC V7 - is out!!!

Downolad link at the first page. and here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21724855/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

MCC mod r.7 change log:

- Updated PDF manual.

- Fixed CAS plane tend to stay after the CAS mission.

- Garrison - force units to stand up in the buildings.

- Enabled ACE AI wounds.

- Weapon box is working for vanila ArmA2

- Added IED can be detonated by ACE C4, satchel charge or M109 Anti-material rife.

- Added Waypoints and group generator.

- Added unit managment para jump or HALO based on the idea of realistic paradrop by DAP.

- Added placing the MCC access module will disable access to MCC for all players but: Admins, unit synced and player's name list.

- Added MCC Console (classname MCC_Console) buy picking this item the player will have limit access to CAS,Airdrops, Evac chopper, artillery and UAV - all depends on the mission maker will.

Updated the PDF manual.

- Added silencer script for BAF/UKF weapons

wfe3Juv3lzA

arma2oa2012051814551061.th.jpgarma2oa2012051814435735.th.jpgarma2oa2012051814342482.th.jpg

Edited by shay_gman

Thanks a lot for update, may this time the "generate weaponbox" can work in vanilla arma2co with ACE.

Thanks a lot for update, may this time the "generate weaponbox" can work in vanilla arma2co with ACE.

Oh yeah I fixed it, forgot to mention it in the changelog

I just tried it and found that in vanilla ARMA2CO, the Auto Rifle, Ruck, Sniper Rifle box are still empty, but anyway the Item box is fine, I can use the MCC console computer.

And this time, the group generate and MCC console are really good stuff, I like them very much. Thanks for your hard work to bring us such powerful tool which should be listed at no.1 good stuff in ARMA2 era.

Lao it's because Vanila don't support automatic rifles, sniper exc. But they are all under the rifles.

Lao it's because Vanila don't support automatic rifles, sniper exc. But they are all under the rifles.

OK, I see。

By the way, I've found the reason why some guys complaining some functions cann't be achieved, such as paradrop, if in singleplayer editor, the spawned AC130 always crashed, because it has no pilot, while in mulityplayer missions, it works well. And the mcc console calling the artillery has the same problems. If in singleplayer editor, even if the shell number be set in the mission setting option, the mcc console can't get available shell, while in multiplayer, it's ok.

Would it be possible to define paratroopers by faction rather than by side ?

Would it be possible to define paratroopers by faction rather than by side ?

It is possible but it will only work for BIS functions as i'm not plannig on creating para group for each modded faction.

I am having a weird problem in MCC. When I am trying to use the 3D Editor I can't see the object I am placing.

Is this common problem? or I need to do something else to make it work right?

sunrrrise, try scrolling mouse to bring it up. Sometimes it is spawned underground.