Sign in to follow this  
Konyak-2

Biggest thing to hit ofp!

Excellent work, Konyak.

One question for you. What kind of options do you have, as a 3rd party developer, to incorporate damage modeling.

For example, when the plane crashes, or gets damaged, the model reflections the damage.

One request, is to please "mess up" the model, so when it's finnaly taken out of commision, it is visually obvious.

Thanks,

BAAAAAAa

I want it!!!!

If that can be done then a C-5 Galaxy shouldnt be a problem....

If you need a Beta Tester Konyak then im your man, i have ^beta tested alot of mods for Unreal Tournament so i know my job, give me a message smile.gif

Tyler: The damage model is hard to control. I have seen it deform and collapse, but that was back when I had the plane unflyable because of settings that were closer to it´s realistic figures. I fear I face a dilemma there, and have to choose between damage effect and flyability, the latter of course overriding.

STSSnake: Galaxy is smaller, but faces all the same limitations: Game engine *probably* doesn't allow such large planes, and it will face a similar compromise. I will put it up for beta testing, but I am afraid I will not single anyone out, rather just make it available for everyone as a beta. Only after I get some textures more like they will be on the final.

Thundermaker: I was in contact with ROB at Nightlead, before it became part of DKM, but I have not done any work with them, or anyone for that matter. I do not have time to be part of a mod.

Konyak

yeah i'd rather have flyability. One thing that you could probably do is just make one hell of a explosion in place of a damaged model. Thatd sure satisfy everyone smile.gif

Or does damage effect apply to the explosions also?

For damage model, i agree, it sucks when you think a vehicle is ok, but run up and its damaged, perhaps you could force it to 'retexture' itself with damage textured on, so the model wouldn't change, but you could tell if it was blown

Very nice work. Very nice...

If it can hold people.. How many will it be able to hold? Have you figured that out yet?

Man that is so sweat!Now...i just need to carry 20 AA's to shoot that baby down. wink.gif Hey, i'll beta test it for you. smile.gif Man i cant wait. smile.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ June 03 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PS:  I've worked a long time on this model, and I'm not about to put it up for download so short before it's done, and risk it being ripped off.

Also, since I started work on it, people have seeming gotten sick of all the plane addons that have come (2 planes-F16 and Hawk) out since O2 got released, and ask for land vehicles.  I know there are many being made, and I plan on making one next, and put the Pilatus Porter on hold.  That vehicle will be the Mercedes Unimog 404, see it in my avatar, and it carries 6 over anything.  I know nobody has asked for it, but I make it for personal reasons, as it is my mode of transport in the summer, and I can make the textures perfectly as they are on my car.<span id='postcolor'>

That Unimog would be sooo cool. That would be something the game really needs. {Plz make it available for civilians/resistance, like pv3s, [resistance model is the same, just with 'FIA' markings, and so you could make a perfect copy of your own vehicle (same colour)]} wink.gif

But take your time with the Antonov smile.gif

RELEASE! RELEASE! Damn it, stop torchering us!

I WANT I WANT I WANT!!! smile.gifbiggrin.gif

When do ya think it will be up 4 download, the finished version and the beta

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lukin @ June 04 2002,06:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PLEASE SEND IT TO ME lukin7000@hotmail.com<span id='postcolor'>

You'll probably have to download it off his site (if he's got one) or mirrors that host it.

How dose it sound? Do you have any good sounds for it? Just asking.

Keep up the amazing work.

-=Die Alive=-

I can host the file better. smile.gif I can get a konyak.com adress and make him a website.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 04 2002,15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Î've got an ADSL 2048 KBPS Connection! (But who cares?)  biggrin.gif

Can you get me a www.snakedesign.com ?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, of course. But i wouldnt want to. biggrin.gif  tounge.gif

Who cares, i have a T1 Connection. biggrin.gif

Not so, i meant T3 Anyway.(6726-Kbps)

Sorry, but your solid mind is a bit snaky.