Sign in to follow this  
Konyak-2

Biggest thing to hit ofp!

Hi,  wow, what goes around, comes around, as they say smile.gif  I'll post more pics for ya..  I have posted my fantasy pics of various things put in OFP via Photoshop, but I never claimed them to be real.   THIS HOWEVER IS REAL.  

Cockpit:

An-Cockpits.jpg

An-Takeoff.JPG

AnLanding6.JPG

AnLanding8.JPG

Alot of the comments from doubters have made me lough, especially the too high poly and perfect texture ones. smile.gif  First off, the polys are about 1800.  400 or so for cockpit.  The textures are very temporay, as they suck close up, but I have now textured the engines and will post some shots of them later today.

Konyak

PS: Thanks Scorpie! You tell em:)

Just imagine killed soldiers respawning in MP games as Antonovs, instead of seagulls. tounge.gif

*zzzzzz* Wake me up when it's ready for download, all these "coming soon" threads in Addons are putting me into a state of catatonia...

I hope it's better than that F-16 which was, let's be honest, crap. It didn't look good, it didn't fly well (crapiest handling ever?). Too much time is being put into making something look cool. We need quality addons, not just some people that post "cool screenshots", then start hyping it like there's no tomorrow, and then dissappoint everybody when they release it. Just my 2 € cents.

btw, where are all those APC's? Where's that BTR? There's so many great (useful) addons that could be made, instead of jumbo sized aircraft that can't even land on everon/malden's runway, and can fly around the islands in 10 seconds. God I'd love that BTR smile.gif

I'm going to say it's probably real, but so as not to look stupid I'll wait until it comes out first.

Considering that Konyak-2 has O2 (his title is mod-maker), I'd say that its pretty damn real. Also, he has the support of GFX who is a fairly respected member of the community.

However, I do have to agree with some of you, this one looks like it will take a LONG time to release. I cant wait for it though, are you planning on allowing it to carry tanks or anything?

*CRYS* There is no point in getting all exited, it wont be released 4 months, why cant they keep it secret or whatever until its finished, or at least release their work so far. Would it hurt?

Ěîä Desert Storm Äĺđĺĺőŕë, ňĺÄĺđü ĺăî ńňđŕíÄ÷ęŕ äîńňóÄíŕ Äî ýňîěó ŕäđĺńó .

Ok, now I regret putting up the pics.  I didn't intend to dangle the bacon above a hungry dog, but to those who are so hungry and don't expect to see it for some months, that is not the case.   If I'd release it now, you could fly it and make missions and do stuff, but it´s not the kind of work I'd be proud of.  I am texturing it, and that is going fairly well.  If the weather sucks (which it doesn't at the moment), it won't take so long.  Things that are still needed is the shadow information ( no shadow at all now, not even Cessna, but that isn't a mystery to solve, just not done it yet)  I have made the cockpit model, but I have not made the horizon indicator.

I have yet to make the cargo bay, and I think I might release the plane before I do that.   I plan to release the plane textured, and with the basic neccessary stuff listed above, and then I will release another that has more inside it, and another completely seperate model that isn't flyable, but is in it's unloading state, and will basically be a house that you can walk in.

I planned to release the first plane before Resistance comes out.

Konyak

PS: I've worked a long time on this model, and I'm not about to put it up for download so short before it's done, and risk it being ripped off.

Also, since I started work on it, people have seeming gotten sick of all the plane addons that have come (2 planes-F16 and Hawk) out since O2 got released, and ask for land vehicles. I know there are many being made, and I plan on making one next, and put the Pilatus Porter on hold. That vehicle will be the Mercedes Unimog 404, see it in my avatar, and it carries 6 over anything. I know nobody has asked for it, but I make it for personal reasons, as it is my mode of transport in the summer, and I can make the textures perfectly as they are on my car.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ June 03 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, now I regret putting up the pics.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't and take your time to make it perfect.

For all you said it was fake moon.gif

Only if you take it like that tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ June 03 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey man, smileys are people too<span id='postcolor'>

Not necessarilly.cowsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GFX707 @ June 03 2002,01:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's real....trust me. All you doubters are gonna look pretty stupid when it is up for download<span id='postcolor'>

I'll believe anything Gfx707 says...I'm his monkey smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 03 2002,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ June 03 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, now I regret putting up the pics.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't and take your time to make it perfect.<span id='postcolor'>

agreed. Do not release it untill it's completed. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 03 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ June 03 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey man, smileys are people too<span id='postcolor'>

Not necessarilly.cowsmile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

thats one cool smiley smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ June 03 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 03 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ June 03 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey man, smileys are people too<span id='postcolor'>

Not necessarilly.cowsmile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

thats one cool smiley smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

its a cow.

The shots of the engine and some pretty pics.

Did someone say the scale of the model was off?? I have it down to the centimeter! smile.gif It's just that big. And those who say it can't use the runway in Everon or Malden, in reality, you are right. But this is OFP, and it's supposed to be fun, not a PFT rated flight simulator for Antonov pilots. So I made it that it can make beautiful landings, it rotates easily onto it's rear wheels for a gracefull take off and is fairly maneuverable, so it can be flown to please, and it has a great view of the runway, you sit high and it has large windows.

AirRamp3.JPG

AirRamp4.JPG

EngineHover.JPG

Konyak

this will make lan party's a million times better. The civilian planes going kamakazi was cool, but this, wow.

And hey, get the plane done and do a good job of it and everything, but don't torture us to much. Also, you don't want to hype it way beyond whats possible, because the longer people wait, the more and more they expect from the model (sometimes more than is possible).

.... then again maybe its just me smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VerySolidSnake @ June 03 2002,21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this will make lan party's a million times better. The civilian planes going kamakazi was cool, but this, wow.

And hey, get the plane done and do a good job of it and everything, but don't torture us to much. Also, you don't want to hype it way beyond whats possible, because the longer people wait, the more and more they expect from the model (sometimes more than is possible).

.... then again maybe its just me smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

its just you. smile.gif