Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Uhh Im really confused with this mod, what I mean is, what does it do?

AI improvements? does it work with ACE? :-|

Sorry about my misunderstanding :(

Hi Sakowski,

Review the page one of this thread and it should give you a good idea of what it does, start at COSLX - SLX Features/Files

and review the features below, every feature listed is a file in the mod, the cool thing about the mod is that its customizable,

so you can remove files (features) that your not interested in.

Just a suggestion my other mod: COWarMod from my WarMod series has COSLX in it, and the mod is much, much bigger then COSLX alone, has 215+ addons and mods

from the Arma2 and OA community modders that add features, and gameplay, AI and many other things to your game.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Liking the looks of the mod, is it compatible with TWPCAS Supression AI and ASR AI?

Hi,

Yes it works fine with TWPCAS Supression AI and ASR AI, I have them both in COWarMod, as well as COSLX.

Hi

Back from extended work trips plus much-needed break & getting back into Arma, yay!

I'm going to try making a much slimmed-down version of SLX_wounds, removing the dragging. Idea is to reduce the CPU load as much as possible. Also dragging makes units much too easy targets especially if they get stuck / stopped (a bug Solus noted but was unable to resolve). I'll also add some code that will allow medics to heal injured units while they are all inside a vehicle (no animations, but time taken proportional to unit damage).

Looking through the current version of ORC_SLX_wounds I saw I had omitted to rem out a line referring to weapon dropping, it's line 167:

if(( ( ( count ((weapons _unit)+(magazines _unit)) ) >0) ))exitwith{[[_unit],_dropweapon] spawn {_this exec (SLX_Wounds_Path+"s\SLX_takeDropped.sqs")}; ["_end"] call SLX_Wounds_Func;}; 

I remmed that out and hey presto, several occasional issues of wounded units failing to get up or respond to orders after healing, healed medics who don't have any menu 6 options, etc., seem to have disappeared.

Anyone encountering such issues should un-PBO the file (I use Eliteness), rem out the line & then re-pbo the files.

with a belated Happy New Year to all

Orc

Edited by Orcinus

Hope your trip went well.

Any chance that you could upload that edited ORC_SLX_wounds?

I'm dying to try it out as this is the main reason I dropped SLX_wounds

Its great news that SLX is still getting attention, its one of the main contributors to my ai pbo mix.

Thanks and I will really look forward to renewed features..:)

Any chance that you could upload that edited ORC_SLX_wounds?

Original release is downloadable on the first page.

@Orcinus, send me a updated file when your ready then I can update the first page link.

Hi

Sure. I'll upload it later today, have to leave t pick up a friend from the airport shortly.

It probably needs some more testing; seems fine with various versions of Flashpoint v1.23 running with TPWCAS 4.1, latest asr_ai, OKT_NoBlur, CBA (build 190) with both vanilla CO & beta 10056.

Hi Odyseus,

COSLX should work with ACE, however, it would need to be tested. I never got around to build an ACE compatible version, but there probably will be some conflicts.

Some conflicts may not be error messages popping up on the screen, or your game crashing, or freezing, rather you may get features in ACE or even COSLX itself that

may not be working as they should, or other misc things.

There is one issue I do know of and that is there is a conflict between ACE's wounding system and the COSLX wounding, namely the slx_wounds.pbo file.

But overall give it a try and if you do run across anything then post again reporting what you came across.

It should work okay with Ace. Only reviving / healing can be sometimes a little bit strange but no big bugs that destroys the gameplay. I've played this always in combination with ace but now I'm back to normal CoWarMod.(And some other addons Islands and Factions/Units) that is working the best.

Cool thank you very much guys. I will give it a try. I will definitively be reporting back. Thank you for keeping alive what seems to be a great addon! :D

Hi

Apologies. seems I posted too soon. The bug where healed units lie on their backs twitching, or roll over but refuse to move or follow any order is still there.

Ran some different tests late yesterday. I rolled CBA back to 0.8.3 - no change. Then I used Solus' original files for slx wounds / netcode / shout / findcover & cloud and also saw the same bugs. This was even with one of the first missions I ever played - Flashpoint Utes v1.14 - which never showed this problem. I suspect some change in the engine from one or more recent patches has screwed it. I just rolled back to the oldest installation backup I have - 1.60 - and that is just as bad.

So, I suspect one of two issues (worst case, a combination): firstly, one or more of Solus' custom animations is no longer fully compatible - I wouldn't have a clue how to debug an animation.

Secondly, a problem with SLX-specific variables not being correctly processed. That might be more addressable. I'll post a request in Editing for advice on how to cursor-select a malfunctioning unit & list its animation state and all variables in the rpt.

Appreciate the feedback and your relentless attention to detail.

We'll find a way to get the bugg3r to work.

In the meantime have you tried the Real Damage mod and/or Dapman's updated First Aid Script?

Orcinus, suggest testing without any missions that are scripted and do small tests in the editor with a few units and run only required files

for the orc_wounds to be sure results are accurate be it a bug.

I'd assume you know this already, but doing o eliminates any possible conflicts from other sources other then the file being tested.

Appreciate the feedback and your relentless attention to detail.

We'll find a way to get the bugg3r to work.

In the meantime have you tried the Real Damage mod and/or Dapman's updated First Aid Script?

Just tried Real Damage - the medics in the demo mission just stood there *unless they were shot in the foot) though I saw Murcielago's reference to "Silent Rescue", so I'll have a peek at that.

DAPMAN has essentially never worked for me, & I'm not alone in reporting that. This includes the latest version. Even in the demo missions with vanilla CO, neither medics nor other units make any attempt to treat wounded grunts.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Orcinus, suggest testing without any missions that are scripted and do small tests in the editor with a few units and run only required files

for the orc_wounds to be sure results are accurate be it a bug.

I'd assume you know this already, but doing o eliminates any possible conflicts from other sources other then the file being tested.

Well, if it's going to be useful it has to run on missions with some scripting. The Flashpoint v1.14 with CBA 0.8.3 tests with both ORC_SLX & Solus' original were good controls as the problems described never occurred when I played that mission with earlier CO versions.

Curiously, one of the other 'new' bugs - units especially medics retaining the red star after healing (& I see also no options for them in menu 6) is mentioned by DAP in his most recent DAPMAN posts - his tip of asking the unit to report its status seems to work. Again I think this suggests there may be some change in the way the game deals with variables or/and event handlers.

Hi, I'm using your COSLX and I'm really enjoying it! Best mod I have ever played :)

But I have one problem. When I play ARMA2 OA with COSLX, every armored vehicles don't explode.

No fireballs, dust, etc... just texture turning black.

Other vehicles such as helicopters and planes are explode.

do you know how to solve this?

Hi JWLEE, Welcome to Bis forums!

Your question has actually been answered a many times before, but to fix that issue you will need to locate in your @COSLX/addons folder this file:

SLX_mod_veh_core and remove it.

For more information on COSLX, refer to the 1st page of this thread, or review the COSLX section of my website (link in my sig).

If you like COSLX alot, you should check out my COWarMod which has COSLX in it.

Any questions for COWarMod then please use the release thread for it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121837-COWarMod-Release&p=1974723#post1974723

Well, if it's going to be useful it has to run on missions with some scripting.

Not necessarily the only thing that makes you think it ahs to eb useful is based on what you are playing with, or like to use the file with, but..

what i'm trying to point out is, that it needs to work perfect on its own before you start running it with other things, be it with other, mods, or

scripted missions, from there you got something to compare it too.

Not necessarily the only thing that makes you think it ahs to eb useful is based on what you are playing with, or like to use the file with, but..

what i'm trying to point out is, that it needs to work perfect on its own before you start running it with other things, be it with other, mods, or scripted missions, from there you got something to compare it too.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear: the "wounded icon" bug does appear sometimes with just COSLX (or SLX) & CBA loaded. DAP has seen the same issue with his mod.

As for newly-healed units not getting up, etc., that occurs even when no other mods are loaded. It now occurs with the original SLX (reduced to the specified subset) in missions that never used to show that problem. IMHO some thing(s) has / have changed after one or more recent patches.

Hello there

I have a problem, whenever there is a wounded friendly or something, human players cannot revive them however AI Medics can. When I tried being a medic myself, however, same problem arises, I cannot heal them. when one is not medic, the first aid action does not appear and when one is medic, it does appear but it doesn't do anything. I'm using ACE, could that be the problem? isn't this ACE compatible?

Hi Shammy,

yes the problem is there is a conflict between ACE wounds, and the COSLX wounds, choose which one you want to use its either one or the other.

Thank you for the reply, however I am not using ACE wounds, I'm using vanilla wounds, I am just using ACE but the wounding system in my mission is still the vanilla first aid: simulation and first aid: action. I have even tried by putting none of the modules in there and letting SLX initialize only itself and still nothing. If ACE wounding is still somehow on, how would I turn it off other than disabling the mod completely if it is possible?

Edited by Shammy2010
Additional Information

Thank you for the reply, however I am not using ACE wounds, I'm using vanilla wounds, I am just using ACE but the wounding system in my mission is still the vanilla first aid: simulation and first aid: action. I have even tried by putting none of the modules in there and letting SLX initialize only itself and still nothing. If ACE wounding is still somehow on, how would I turn it off other than disabling the mod completely if it is possible?

Try removing 'Ace_sys_wounds' pbo, in the addons folder, put it somewhere safe, then test again.:).