Sign in to follow this  
BFHCxPanther

Does anyone have a problem with Age?

I really want to know if any of you have a problem with age because I'm thinking of buying the game but I don't want to be bitched at for having a childish voice.

Note: I'm not the kind of person who goes lone wolf and doesn't care about my squad-mates. I'm more like the kind of person who wants to use team work and is willing to act like it's real life (only if I have to because I don't want to sound stupid you know). I will listen to all of you're commands and in no way do the opposite. I want to play this game to it's fullist potential, I want to play ARMA the way it was meant to be played.

Thank you.

Age is not normally the concern, more the discipline that some people have, young or old. If you play with a clan follow the rules and orders of senior members or if on public server use team work as much as possible( some servers this is impossible = lone wolf syndrome) and you can't go to wrong!

As for playing to its fullest potential i would recommend trying to join a clan! They sound like what you would be looking for.

Some people and clans have an attitude problem when it comes to age, but then again some don't. In public games you probably won't be bothered if you don't do anything verboten.

Many clans that play seriously usually have an age limit of 18+ but if you are to decide to join one and play organized (as you've said no lone wolfing) they may let you join them without problems.

ArmA community has its problems but I've yet to encounter the childish "lol pwnzor" swearing from whomever I play with, nobody is going to offend you unless you'll do something really stupid.

I myself don't have a superbass voice and some people thought I was 18 lol

I forgot to mention I'm 15.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. I was in the same position a few years ago.

Yeah I watch a lot of gameplay wishing that was me playing. My computer is an issue I have if you know what I mean.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Oh sorry I'm the same person just on my real account.

I first got involved here at the age of 13. You'll be fine. :)

Duplicate accounts are not allowed here. PM one of the moderators to marge them or maybe Zipper will give it a stab for you.

Ok thanks I really want to play, I just don't want to hear "Hey kid, shut up!" or people telling me to get of ARMA 2.

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Duplicate accounts are not allowed here. PM one of the moderators to marge them or maybe Zipper will give it a stab for you.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know, I'll just sign back into my other account.

I generally don't have an issue with people your age as long as you don't act like a typical 15 year old COD playing child.

Also don't spam the mic.

That's kind of an insult pulling COD on me. Yes I started off on the game until I found Battlefield which I've been playing for some time now. I've just recently found out about ARMA and I think it's time to move on. BTW the reason I changed from COD to BF was because of the team work and vehicles and no kids (kind of ironic because I'm sort of a kid in you're perspective).

Everyone has an issue with age, especially when you reach 50+ :D

That's kind of an insult pulling COD on me. Yes I started off on the game until I found Battlefield which I've been playing for some time now. I've just recently found out about ARMA and I think it's time to move on. BTW the reason I changed from COD to BF was because of the team work and vehicles and no kids (kind of ironic because I'm sort of a kid in you're perspective).

I didn't call you a COD kid, I said as long as you don't act like a typical. I was more stereotyping your age group, which I can because it's true.

And you are a kid in my perspective as you are 15 years old. Enjoy the ability to be called a kid while you can. Once you get older you will have responsibilities and won't be able to get away with things you do right now.

Battelfield, if you are interested in a serious coop experience, working in a team, following orders with mature (in heart and in age) players, check my signature below.

I had a problem with being 15yrs old, but that was around 40yrs ago, now I have a problem being the age I am..

Those who would make fun of you or forbid you from joining a clan because of your age without a 'trial play' first, are the real kids.. I have a young nephew 14yr old, he’s more sensible than many my age..

Don't worry just go for it..

Yeah sorry about that I didn't know that wasn't allowed here.

The forum rules, which were shown to you at the registration process, clearly say that multiple accounts are not allowed. Immediately after registration you also received a private message with the link to the rules again.

That leads me to the conclusion that you haven't even bothered to look at them. If I were you, I would be more worried about my lack of being able to follow some simple rules than my voice. :rolleyes:

The forum rules, which were shown to you at the registration process, clearly say that multiple accounts are not allowed. Immediately after registration you also received a private message with the link to the rules again.

That leads me to the conclusion that you haven't even bothered to look at them. If I were you, I would be more worried about my lack of being able to follow some simple rules than my voice. :rolleyes:

W0llewned

:D

No kids no kids !!!!

Kill the kids kill the kids

While I generally dislike kids, I find the ones I run into in Arma (and all the way back to Flashpoint) to be much more mature than most adults in other games I play.

So no... hearing a teenager's voice in Arma doesn't bother me. Just don't ask your mother what a few of the words that occasionally slip out of my mouth mean if you don't understand. ;)

No kids no kids !!!!

Kill the kids kill the kids

You, sir, act more like a kid than the OP. I suggest you take a look at the group you are talking about, and realize that you are acting just like a child.

I don't think age is really an issue. I'm 14, turning 15 in about a month, but nobody has had any problems with me. I don't know if this is because my mic makes my voice sound more bass than it actually is though. I've made people's mouths drop open by telling them my age.

The community is, on the whole, not really concerned with age, but rather maturity. If you act like a mature person, no one will have a problem. The main reason players dislike kids is that the average kid is, on average, average. This day's children tend to think that the internet makes any behavior acceptable, plus there are too many parents that do a bad job at upbringing. Thankfully, my parents are amazing people who have done a very good job at raising me.

Okay, I'm rambling. Basically, don't act like a score-obsessed idiot who cares for nothing more than being a 1337 pwnz0r.

Other tips:

Don't fly helicopters until you have logged about 10 or so hours in them offline. I've flown for 6 months and I'm still not much better than average. If you hop in a helicopter without any idea of what you're doing, you'll crash on takeoff and most people will get ticked off.

Adjust to what others say. This is probably one of the most important things I can say. I know a certain young person who is a regular on the 7th Cavalry Domination server and acts completely immature in this way. He never listens to advice and insists that his way is the best way. He thinks he's hot sauce at flying, and he refuses to listen to what anyone else tells him to do. He's probably the most annoying person I've met on ArmA2 next to blatant hackers and teamkillers.

We have some who are under the age limit we normally allow. Every rule has it's exceptions if they prove to be worthwhile. We've also met many others we're not willing to bother with.