Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Syndicate remake

ewwtznVkSxA&

...yeah, it's an FPS.

I want to like it. But without the whole team-and-strategy thing going, it seems to be Deus Ex plus 20 years.

...at least the flamer made an appearance. Gauss Gun + AI airstrikes FTW.

Yeah, it seems like every remake nowadays has to be a bloody FPS. :rolleyes:

*cough* XCOM *cough*

I loved Syndicate.

This isn't Syndicate.

But it's good to know that people still remember good games. Maybe some little indie company will do a quick Syndicate clone for us now it's getting the oxygen of publicity.

You never your luck.

This could had worked if they had different type of quests in this remake(not only shooting),city hubs(no corridor shooting),research and allocating funds to projects and having another 3 AI controlled agents with you than maybe I would had been interested.Basically they want to cash-in on Human Revolution success but they forgot to actually look at that game or Syndicate of course.

Where are cool egg-shaped cars?

Where are miniguns and flame-throwers?

Where are civilians screaming?

Where are cool triangular looking buildings and wide streets?

Where are massive fires erupting, charred bodies and huge explosions?

This is not Syndicate, this is a remake crap like we see in movie industry nowadays.

Can't say I see much Syndicate in this game, apart from the name of course. You did miss one thing on that list though, IceBreakr. A team. This seems to be a one man show I'm afraid. :confused_o:

Edited by colossus

too similar to Deus Ex HR....too bad, original was a blast

Where are cool egg-shaped cars?

Where are miniguns and flame-throwers?

Where are civilians screaming?

Where are cool triangular looking buildings and wide streets?

Where are massive fires erupting, charred bodies and huge explosions?

This is not Syndicate, this is a remake crap like we see in movie industry nowadays.

Uhm... there was a minigun and a flame thrower in that video. There was also an egg shaped car. Whether it was cool or not, I guess that's up to the viewer. There was also a civilian in there, and civil police... the video would have you believe there was screaming going on.

I agree that this isn't Syndicate and it's definitely in the same trend as X-COM, and I think that's a road best left untravelled... but I think it's possible to make a more balanced judgment. The game looks like a cash grab, but many of the things you named are in there. The soul of Syndicate is in the style but also in the gameplay. Actually, it was one of the more aggressively styled games of the time, which is probably why they brought it back. Everyone who played it remembers it.

X-COM was very aggressively styled too. It had this near future techno horror comic thing going on. Most games had this style I think because realism wasn't a realistic option as a style choice with 256 colours, and with the amiga paint tools. Games of that era in a realistic colour palette looked flat and muddy.

With both of these games, I guess in order to nod to the 16 bit nostalgia, they have chosen some cartoonish looking shader effects. X-COM went whole hog though and it looks like it's trying to draw some art direction from TF2. I really don't understand that franchise and its art direction. Comic book pulp horror => Even more graphic horror => Retro 50s diner => 50s Norman Rockwell

I guess in this industry, nostalgia means cash cow, pixel art means cartoons, iconic strategy game means fps, and reboot means exploitation.

Edited by Max Power