Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

I update ACE every time before I start ARMA 2 and every time I get a version mismatch. Please help.
The servers need to update also. Find one that is updated:

Of course make sure you run the latest software version (currently v2.8pre9)

1. Make sure you synced the Server Browser with Gamespy.

2. Right click @ACE mod and select "Find Servers that accepts this mod's signatures".

This only includes servers with signature protection enabled. However you really should prefer playing on protected servers anyhow ;) (https://plus.google.com/116876481981267857676/posts/U3t8iWKzXX3)

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

BTW we will probably release even less frequently after 1.13, perhaps until ACE for ARMA3.

Hopefully that will settle the incompatible version situation some more, however ideally server admins keep up with the update schedule.

Six Updater can help both, the server and the client side.

http://www.six-updater.net/p/about.html

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Documentation#Server%20Owners

Edited by Sickboy

Is there any documentation or even the ability to use the IED's through the mission editor like you can in game?

In game for instance you can set the IED/Tripwire/Bury IED through the ACE menu... Now the ability to do those things from the editor would be great as the ACE metal detector works now, it would be nice to be able to use it with those buried IED's.

Is there any documentation or even the ability to use the IED's through the mission editor like you can in game?

yes

In game for instance you can set the IED/Tripwire/Bury IED through the ACE menu... Now the ability to do those things from the editor would be great as the ACE metal detector works now, it would be nice to be able to use it with those buried IED's.

ticket setPos getPos ace_tracker;

Well i was refering to any docs regarding the use of IED's within ACE...

As for your referal to the tracker. If its already part of ACE then i need to find out, not just go and request for something to be added that might or might not be part of it already/planned soon. Hence the reason for the post and the clarification...

I dont need smart remarks, i would just like a yes or no on the problem. As more people read the forums generally, its a good shot that if it is included within ACE already someone will have the information i need.

Hi guys, OCB use ACE for our Tactical Missions. It's great, however I was told there is a bug in ACE that when a player gets into a damaged vehicle it will explode (if it's 100% damaged). I've not found anything on this when I searched. Anyone familiar with this?

You can check out the video of it happening below. At the end a colleague jumps in a damaged tank and it explodes. Everyone lol'd.

432kVQOQVlA

If it's a bug I'll log it if it's not already logged. If you think it's not a bug then let me know (it might just be a delayed secondary explosion).

Cheers.

Never had that happen and I jump into a lot of damaged vehicles. Being an ambush, any mines?

Could be combination with other mods. Best create a repro ticket with repro mission, rpt file and full details.

AFAIK you shouldn't be able to enter destroyed tanks for this reason.

Hey, I have deleted the ace_sys_g_effects.pbo as I prefer to play without the G effects in aircraft, but whenever I update ACE from Six Updater it puts these files back into the addons folder. Is there any way to stop this?

Well i was refering to any docs regarding the use of IED's within ACE...

As for your referal to the tracker. If its already part of ACE then i need to find out, not just go and request for something to be added that might or might not be part of it already/planned soon. Hence the reason for the post and the clarification...

I dont need smart remarks, i would just like a yes or no on the problem. As more people read the forums generally, its a good shot that if it is included within ACE already someone will have the information i need.

I don't read the forums. If you want full support from the devs, open a ticket at our tracker.

The same time used to write here, where I and maybe other devs don't read regularly, can be spent on the tracker, plus being probably way more efficient if you want stuff added/fixed or just have a question answered.

billion$testicle

I dont think I have seen you on here before.

I assume your part of the ACE team?

If so then I have not yet thanked you for all your hard work so

Thanks.

I don't read the forums. If you want full support from the devs, open a ticket at our tracker.

The same time used to write here, where I and maybe other devs don't read regularly, can be spent on the tracker, plus being probably way more efficient if you want stuff added/fixed or just have a question answered.

On top of that, you can still post over here, with a link to the ticket, result:

- Details centralized in the ticket

- Exposure to ACE devs

- Exposure to ACE players

= Maximum Penetration :D

Most tickets are handled usually within few minutes after posting, either with the solution, or request for more details, etc.

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

billion$testicle

I dont think I have seen you on here before.

I assume your part of the ACE team?

If so then I have not yet thanked you for all your hard work so

Thanks.

He's THE man who fixed most of the bugs you encountered, and created most of the ACE features. You know him otherwise as Rocko ;)

Edited by Sickboy

Hello,

I am about to submit a report of a possible bug. I have a detailed video outlining the issue. I want to use the tracker, though I see this area here, where it's asking for arma2.rpt, arma2.bidmp and arma2.mdmp files. I can't find these files in my Arma folder in the user directory as described. :confused:

This is what my user directory looks like.

AVTIz.png

I did a search and I can't find these files on my drive. ;) Running Win 7 Professional, Arma 2, ACE 1.13 RC4 + latest Beta patch.

Thanks for any direction.

edit: well, it's not a bug, it's a feature! I didn't realize the new targeting system for the Javelin and other launchers. Though the info on the needed rpt files would be helpful for future reporting.

Edited by neven
new info

Ah yes I know Rocko did not realize he had a name change I assume that was to avoid taxes ;) hahahahahahaha :).

Thanks to all of the ACE team.

BTW we will probably release even less frequently after 1.13, perhaps until ACE for ARMA3.

Hopefully that will settle the incompatible version situation some more, however ideally server admins keep up with the update schedule.

Apart from silencing somewhat after 1.13, planning to look into how to relax the version requirements in general.

At least for ARMA3, but hopefully already for 2.

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Hello,

I am about to submit a report of a possible bug. I have a detailed video outlining the issue. I want to use the tracker, though I see this area here, where it's asking for arma2.rpt, arma2.bidmp and arma2.mdmp files. I can't find these files in my Arma folder in the user directory as described. :confused:

This is what my user directory looks like.

I did a search and I can't find these files on my drive. ;) Running Win 7 Professional, Arma 2, ACE 1.13 RC4 + latest Beta patch.

Thanks for any direction.

It says %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA not My Documents\ARMA 2 OA.

You will find the files in the appdata folder instead :)

Edited by Sickboy

looks like the damn interaction is still broken. no ace for me eh...
There's 2 interaction keys, they should both work, one only on self, and one only on interactable objects: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Interaction

If you're experiencing issues, plz create a ticket with repro steps, rpt files and other details; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Which tank in A.C.E is the most heavily armored and difficult to destroy? The Abrams, or the T90? I can't really tell sometimes.

Which tank in A.C.E is the most heavily armored and difficult to destroy? The Abrams, or the T90? I can't really tell sometimes.

Definitely the Abrams.

Once you get out to a couple thousand meters, KE weapons stop working against it.

It says %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA not My Documents\ARMA 2 OA.

You will find the files in the appdata folder instead

Herp.. I am sorry to be such a derp. I've been on Mac for the last 18 years and my windows experience is being challenged... again. I only bought this PC for Arma2 :D.

I have not been able to find a directory that matches %userprofile%. I have indexed both my drives and searched for arma2.rpt among other file types. Nothing comes up. Sorry for the ignorance. Please direct me like a 5 year old to said directory. :bb:

Let me take this opportunity to thank-you Sickboy and all of the other devs on ACE, Six Updater, and all of the other community mods. You keep this game waaaaay beyond interesting. I hope that BI decided to put Six Updater in Arma3. :bounce3:

Just bought you a beer or two on dev-heaven paypal. Keep up the great work!

Herp.. I am sorry to be such a derp. I've been on Mac for the last 18 years and my windows experience is being challenged... again. I only bought this PC for Arma2 :D.

I have not been able to find a directory that matches %userprofile%. I have indexed both my drives and searched for arma2.rpt among other file types. Nothing comes up. Sorry for the ignorance. Please direct me like a 5 year old to said directory. :bb:

Let me take this opportunity to thank-you Sickboy and all of the other devs on ACE, Six Updater, and all of the other community mods. You keep this game waaaaay beyond interesting. I hope that BI decided to put Six Updater in Arma3. :bounce3:

Just bought you a beer or two on dev-heaven paypal. Keep up the great work!

:D

the said %userprofile% is the generic use for your own Windows user.

For me it would be in C:\Users\PuFu\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA, where PuFu is actually my windows user name...

:D

the said %userprofile% is the generic use for your own Windows user.

For me it would be in C:\Users\PuFu\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA, where PuFu is actually my windows user name...

Which is where my confusion has come in. I originally assumed that %userprofile$% meant my main user directory. Though I see no appdata subdirectory there.

gTAwj.png

Thanks for helping me with this. Perhaps their is a setting for hidden directories on Windows? Their is on Mac.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization

Folder options\View\Hidden files and folders\Show hidden files, folders, and drives

it is hidden directory in windows by default. just click in the browser line (where it says Computer > Local Disk © > Users > neven >) and type manually Appdata.

or copy paste this in the same place:

C:\Users\neven\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA