Sign in to follow this  
humvee28

ARMA 2 : OA beta build 84628

Seriously, does ANYONE buy Arma2 for the SP/Campaign ? Perhaps when they first buy the game to try it out, then once they get into MP they never fire up SP/Campaign again.

Keep going with the MP improvements BIS - good to see sad tools liking what you are doing :)

... some single player missions that next to nobody plays?

Yeah... ok!

What? News to me. I sure hope that this is not at all the case, because SP is where BIS has always really shined in my opinion.

@Kremator,GossamerSolid

You spend 5% in sp and im play 90% in sp and 10% Mp and so what, so for me full steam for sp only :p ?

this is stupid talk, that full work should go only in mp. Patch cant break sp and fix mp only. Not all people play mp, for sure more people play sp. If you dont belive me, how many people you see on servers and how many copys of arma 2 bis sell.

Regardless of whether or not people play the vanilla SP campaigns and missions, the fact that they are being affected negatively by the betas is an indicator that something in general has gone wrong. Clue: the betas do not touch the actual SP mission data, yet some missions are getting broken regardless.

This means other areas of the game could be affected by these bugs, including multiplayer.

Seriously, does ANYONE buy Arma2 for the SP/Campaign ? Perhaps when they first buy the game to try it out, then once they get into MP they never fire up SP/Campaign again.

Keep going with the MP improvements BIS - good to see sad tools liking what you are doing :)

I am sure that EVERYONE here is well stoked about the MP improvements! I just get worried when SP content is attacked so vociferously, as if making sure SP content isn't broken will in some way stop or delay BIS from making the MP tweaks. Since A3 and ToH are on the way, we all realize that A2 CO/RNF content, especially SP, are at the bottom of the list of fixes/enhancements, as MP, engine, and AI tweaks made for 1.60 will most likely be used for A3/ToH, and are thus getting more attention (as they should). It's just that I LOVE BIS SP content, and I replay it all the time, so I (and BIS, I'm sure) don't want to see anything broken by a new patch.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Regardless of whether or not people play the vanilla SP campaigns and missions, the fact that they are being affected negatively by the betas is an indicator that something in general has gone wrong. Clue: the betas do not touch the actual SP mission data, yet some missions are getting broken regardless.

This means other areas of the game could be affected by these bugs, including multiplayer.

Perfectly said. Case closed.

At this point, could care less about the SP Missions/Campaigns and their quality. Full steam ahead on MP improvements :P

Think about people in nature not having intenet access :P

Think about people in nature not having intenet access :P
i play MP games as SP(Lan). I dont play the Original missions anymore. Once was enough. I have no problem if they (Bis) give no more support for the original SP/campaign, there are MUCH better SP and Campaigns to play from the community, and BIS knows that. What we(us and BIS) want for SP/MP/coop is the AI to be awesome, and they are now the best they have ever been, because they are not wasting time keeping up with their old missions. Such is small dev life. But to answer your question, they(nature folk) wont have a problem cause they wont download the patch...

is simple if you wanna play sp don't use the new patch, all efforts for this new beta patch is more to mp than sp

if you like sp use only 1.59 or less

the interpolation method of the 1.6 patch is more oriented to mp

they test first in sp but the want this method for mp

i never play sp only play sp for flashpoint

flashpoint resistance was awesome but that was a lot of time ago ;)

the future is in mp

ace and pr need a good net code :) :yay::bounce3::yay:

Btw. a very handy function on the Community Issue Tracker is now the "First affected ArmA II version".

I've created a filter link, which lists =status_id&op[status_id]=o&v[status_id][]=1&f[]=cf_32&op[cf_32]=%3D&v[cf_32][]=1.60+BETA&f[]=&c[]=tracker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]=author&c[]=assigned_to&c[]=updated_on&c[]=category&c[]=fixed_version&c[]=votes_value&group_by="]all bugs caused by 1.60 BETA.

This filter can then be saved, by clicking on "Save" below filter options, then enter a name for the Filter (e.g. "Caused by 1.60 BETA") and click save again. You will find the shortcut on the right side above the pre-defined filters in Redmine.

It's sad because I want the ArmA series to have decent MP instead of some single player missions that next to nobody plays?

Yeah... ok!

Yeah, I mean...I've had ArmA2 since it was released (same with OA and the expansions) and I've maybe played like one or two of the Campaign missions and maybe half of the SP missions, if that.

Not that they aren't good, they definitely are, but like 99% of the time playing this game is devoted to MP for me.

who need singleplayer?? we are a mostly multiplayercommunity that need the warping fixed for soooo long.

stop cluttering the beta section with useless X vs Y bickering ...

some play SP some MP and it don't mean we skip one for another ...

both deserve fix and optimize love ...

Why don't all the people who have obviousoly too much time for these discussions just start over with the campaigns and sp missions?

If I find something, I'll report it. But I have a good feeling, this beta runs much better than 2 or 3 versions ago.

EDIT: Unfortunately, there are indeed a few issues that probably need to be looked at. So far, I've checked the first three Arma2 SP missions. I think you can already see a pattern here:

SP01: trial by fire

- sound (effects and radio only, music is not affected) becomes very low while flying in the helicopter and stays low for the rest of the mission, I can barely hear my own Mk48

arma2oa.rpt:

=====================================================================
		== E:\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
		== "E:\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -exthreads=7 -skipintro -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;BAF;PMC
		Exe timestamp: 2011/09/15 21:48:36
		Current time:  2011/09/18 14:13:22

Version 1.59.84628
		Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
		Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02
		Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02
		crewman: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress
		Link to 89e36941 (Obj-109,79:321) not released

SP02: eye for an eye

- cannot talk to sniper Hastrman; player's weapon is lowered automatically when walking closer than a few meters to the sniper man, but nothing else happens

arma2oa.rpt:

== "E:\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -skipintro -showScriptErrors -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;BAF;PMC
		Current time:  2011/09/18 15:03:11

Version 1.59.84628
		Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02
		Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

SP03: counterattack

- effect sound volume at missions start is basically at zero, improves when disembarking BMP3, but stays lower than expected

- no dialog with the chedaki guy in the building right after first autosave; he also pops out of the floor (is stuck up to the knees in the floor until the surrendering animation starts) but that is a minor cosmetical issue

- CANNOT CONTINUE MISSION after reaching the chedaki strongpoint at the harbor (some form of dialog is expected, but BMP3 and russian inf just stop and keep standing there)

arma2oa.rpt:

== "E:\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -skipintro -showScriptErrors -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;BAF;PMC
		Current time:  2011/09/18 14:43:52

Version 1.59.84628
		Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male03\ru\hesdowne.wss'
		Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male03\ru\hesdowne.wss'
		O Molnya:1: moving in direct condition failed, dist 1.98859
		Out of path-planning region for Agent 0xe5b10040 at 10530.9,2139.4, node type

Edited by Brainbug

Brainbug, missing overdub dialog issues have been resolved in 84672, and that fix will also resolve related issues like "missing icons" and missions/scenarios/PMC cutscenes not starting or ending correctly:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24558

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24559

Low sound volume has apparently been fixed in A2 1.10:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13530

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

stop cluttering the beta section with useless X vs Y bickering ...

some play SP some MP and it don't mean we skip one for another ...

both deserve fix and optimize love ...

Amen. BIS rules.

Edited by OMAC

Ah, for those who only want to review non-resolved 1.60 BETA issues, use this =status_id&op[status_id]=%3D&v[status_id][]=1&v[status_id][]=2&v[status_id][]=10&v[status_id][]=4&f[]=cf_32&op[cf_32]=%3D&v[cf_32][]=1.60+BETA&f[]=&c[]=tracker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]=author&c[]=assigned_to&c[]=updated_on&c[]=category&c[]=fixed_version&c[]=votes_value&group_by="]filter link for the CIT.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I recommend releasing a beta with the overdub fixes very soon. Currently my SP beta-testing falls flat because of that.

I can confirm, some missions ins BAF scenarios have problems with sounds and don´t finish with this beta

I recommend releasing a beta with the overdub fixes very soon. Currently my SP beta-testing falls flat because of that.

I agree 110%. All SP testing has ground to a halt.

I am sorry, we are unable to dedicate any serious QA to A2/OA at this stage.

...and in typical BIS fashion you move on to the next project while this one is still massively bugged. That's the same BS that's been going on for the last ten years! After all.... keeping the frustration level at maximum is the BIS way!

...and in typical BIS fashion you move on to the next project while this one is still massively bugged. That's the same BS that's been going on for the last ten years! After all.... keeping the frustration level at maximum is the BIS way!

Dude, come on. Read the context. Suma's just saying they're not going to have a guy sit there and play through various iterations of every campaign and SP missions trying to look for bugs, which makes perfect sense considering that is an extremely tedious and time-consuming process. If the community finds a bug and provides a proper repro it will get fixed.

It comes down to whether or not the community wants to put in the effort to find the bugs. Honestly it's more like, you are playing for fun, you encounter a bug, and then you try to repro. If you can, make a ticket. If not, it could be some fluke and if it's not reproducible for you then it's not going to be easily reproducible for a dev, either.

The fact that they are pumping out betas every few days and trying to get 1.60 out soon isn't enough for you? :rolleyes:

"massively bugged"? we are talking about flaws in the beta here. You know what "beta" means? Duh. Please clutter another thread with your rants. Oh and stick with the stable 1.59 while.

1.59 is not stable. no version ever was stable in the arma series.

or do you call a warping where you cant even shoot at a player, the worst lagg ever( the word warping wasnt there bevore arma series) in a multiplayer game...stable?? The game is unplayable with those lag...its not stable....

so my 100$ and the other thousends of dollars from other gamer who invested in the years and hope of a playable game...NOW gets to start to fix this LAG...

so i understand the dissapointment of the customers...

but great news is: warping is gone with these patches and thats nice! the warping when youre at the backseat and someone else drives is the next problem. hopefully not another 4 years...

Actually... if you read through this thread and many others people are amazed at Bohemia's level of support. Compared to most major titles of today arma2 is admittedly quirky. But calling it broken? Hardly.

As to the MP vs SP debate that seems to be raging here. People should reread what Suma wrote. At no point did he suggest BIS was prepared to release a feature-broken 1.60. Indeed he requested that the people who suffer problems use the correct portal to report any problems they may have.

I hope version 1.60 is ready to release soon. However one must face facts and recognize that Bohemia must consider their future, ie Arma3/ToH/etc, before they can produce 'free' work like patches.

Thanks bis.

-k

Edit: Oh lord, upon reviewing this thread I see that I sound like a total fanboy. To break that illusion I leave you with this. Fix the F'in interface, retarded animations, and nonexistent mod loader for Arma3. Also your father smells of elderberries.

1.59 is not stable. no version ever was stable in the arma series.

but great news is: warping is gone with these patches and thats nice! the warping when youre at the backseat and someone else drives is the next problem. hopefully not another 4 years...

Here's why that's obnoxious. First, many of us have found the Arma titles just fine in regards to stability. The impact of certain bugs or features to individual play experience also varies for everyone. Second, Arma 2 has been out since mid 2009 so you throwing out "4 years" is just blatant trolling. Third and finally, find me ONE other game developer that is both 1) still working on a title released 1-2 years ago AND 2) interacting directly with the gamer community to accept bug reports and additional feature enhancement requests?

There are plenty of fair things to criticize about BIS and Arma, but yours are not among those.

I used PvP's excellent benchmarking tool, and my results were...not terribly interesting.

0-1 average FPS increase in beta versus 1.59 stock

0-2 minimum FPS decrease in beta versus 1.59 stock

Could explain why it "feels" slower to us, with the lower minimum framerates. I ran the Vegetation test in Cherno, which is where I feel the most lag anyway.