Sign in to follow this  
EDcase

Thoughts on using enemy uniforms

I'm sure it'll be optionable.

Huh? Over what features would coop players freak out?

Who cares? He saw an opportunity to take a stab at people with a different playstyle, and he took it. ;)

Who cares? He saw an opportunity to take a stab at people with a different playstyle, and he took it. ;)

Oh... but I do care. I get to practice my engrish while replying to provocative comments :bounce3:

Edited by Maio
I bought some cheap milk

Hi, wear an NME uniform is dangerous. You could find it "brand new" on a locker on some advandoned base... steal it from a civilian that bought it to an NME soldier... or who knows, you don't need to shoot at an NME or slash his/her throat to get his/her uniform, you can find those in many other ways and keep it, as equipment or just as a silly trophy. Let's C ya

Am I the only one bugged by wearing an uniform with bullet holes on it?

Not the only one, I'd prefer it if you could only take the uniform if it was undamaged (Say you killed someone without using a gun, or for more realism, without using a knife).

Say you killed someone without using a gun, or for more realism, without using a knife.

...just by insistently staring at the guy....because there will be no knives or piano cords or whatever you have in mind

So the AI that sometimes take cover on the wrong side of an object should now be expected to tell how much blood is on a uniform? And what should their response be?

If you spot a soldier dressed in your side's blood stained uniform, do you shoot him? Or do you ask him if he needs to see a medic?

...just by insistently staring at the guy....because there will be no knives or piano cords or whatever you have in mind

Jedi skills, sparkly eyes. :p

If you spot a soldier dressed in your side's blood stained uniform, do you shoot him? Or do you ask him if he needs to see a medic?

You shoot him first, making sure he actually needs that medic

Wait! There will be no piano cords??? :eek: If there are no piano cords in ArmA3 i will loose my faith in BIS! They really should add piano cords to the game, im sure most piano players would agree with me!

:D

im sure most piano players would agree with me!

If the piano players wouldn't, mobsters probably would :yay:

Havent you seen "the men that stare at goats"(the movie) Its really realistic.

Perhaps an option to take only non-bloodied uniforms/headgarments, also swapping the uniform could be useful.

EX: you shoot an Enemy in the forhead, blood gets on his helmet, you get three options:

1: Swap uniform

2:Take Uniform

3:Take Clean Uniform Parts

But for realism you can only do it at a laundromat or use dettol or janola, so you have to steal civilian washing off the clothesline first to go into town and get some...

(This may already be implemented and just not shown yet)

From the demo vids something was bugging me about the ability to change into an enemy uniform and then be able to freely move among them.

Its just too easy and in real life it would work but for only a short time.

There should be a time limit being near an enemy AI where he/they will get suspicious of you, then realize you are enemy and attack. This would not happen if you just run/walk past them all. Only if you are near an AI for a certain amount of time.

Perhaps when the AI gets suspicious he can come to you to ask a question which you can't answer so he will recognize you as enemy and attack.

With conversation system perhaps you could have a multi choice answer which if you get wrong will trigger recognition.

You guys left nothing for the poor souls like me. On the spot. I agree that swapping uniforms is a great idea. a time limit for detection, a MCQ for positive ID is also a good argument. But how about adding holstering option instead of just standing down? It is a Mil-sim afterall.

Again, they are not dressing as enemy. They are blending in with their allies. They're not sneaking into a Taliban base to steal the car.

Again, they are not dressing as enemy. They are blending in with their allies. They're not sneaking into a Taliban base to steal the car.

When the enemy dresses like ordinary civilians in the culture, I think both the SF and the enemy are dressing like the civilians.

When the enemy dresses like ordinary civilians in the culture, I think both the SF and the enemy are dressing like the civilians.
The taliban are civilians if you take it by the book. Partisans are nothing else than armed civilians in in 2014 you cant even call them partisans anymore because they will be the ruling party again, without changing any clothes.

but the blood in the uniform? If you killed the enemy soldier

and you can see the diferences of a anglo soldier to a iran soldier in the faces