Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

EOD Mod

i just cant get this working =( anyone have a mission or something so that i can use it to see what im doing wrong?

It looks amazing tho great job

V2.20 released!

http://www.mediafire.com/?n83n01tfoqi2e8f

Same old:

- Still @CBA and @ACE dependent

Changelog:

- Engine Revamp Magic! ..actually no: I am just kidding.

REAL Changelog: (ok, serious this time)

- Loudspeaker functions now fully MP compatible

- Triggermen now fight, flee or even surrender after detonating their radio IED

- Improved overlapping interaction between units synced to the same modules

- Improved cleaning of IEDs and suicide bombers when too far from synced units

- A lot of MP optimizations resulting in improved server performance

- Suicide Bombers and Triggermen now evaluate the damage done by their bombs: they will probably not waste their surprise for a single infantry..they will wait for vehicles and larger enemy groups, instead.

- Minor changes here and there which I forgot..

- Proper documentation! Not really, it just tell you to watch the videos. But it makes the mod folder look more pro. Definitely more pro.

Mirror away and .. stay frosty!

Edited by Reezo

Thanks guys for the support! This version is a great step forward in performance etc. - The modules now work pretty much in the same way BIS wrote the Ambient Combat and other modules (took care of studying them script by script), which is a big plus since the guys know their chops ;)

I would LOVE to drop the @ACE requirement but we need a dedicated backpack model resembling the THOR 3 jammer.

Smokedog was kind enough to offer his skills for the job..here is a couple pictures of the Thor3 backpack jammer:

SAMPLE IMAGES

THORIII.jpg

backpack_jammers.jpg

Please Smokedog, make something as amazing as your Sangin map, man. We need this addon ACE-free really bad, and if your backpack works it's worth trying. We believe in you!

Thanks.

As soon as the backpack model is available I will write a config for it and incorporate it into the EOD mod. Result: a flashy backpack jammer to show off and no @ACE requirements.

Edited by Reezo

Good stuff Reezo, thanks very much!

You're welcome, Hellfire ;) Thanks for watching this mod/thread!

Hi great mod, love the concept. I say concept because I have not actually had the opportunity to test it. I'm wondering is this mod only compatible with Takistan? I am trying to use it on Tropica but having no luck. Synced an Ambient IED module to myself and drove around for an hour or so... nothing. Any suggestions?

Hi great mod, love the concept. I say concept because I have not actually had the opportunity to test it. I'm wondering is this mod only compatible with Takistan? I am trying to use it on Tropica but having no luck. Synced an Ambient IED module to myself and drove around for an hour or so... nothing. Any suggestions?

As long as you have roads in the map, you might have IEDs. The only unsupported map I can think of is Desert.

Try increasing the chance via:

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_chance",0.5];

in the (EOD) Ambient IEDs module init, where:

0.5 - number (from 0.0 to 1.0) indicating chance of encounter

Remember that the module works with the same parameters of the default ACM module by BIS: range of encounter is minimum 400 and maximum 700 meters by default..those IEDs might be waiting for you far away ;)

A couple friends of mine from other clans reported a 7z archive error while extracting the file. While I must say I haven't had that problem, I took care of repackaging it and testing like 100 times.

I would appreciate all mirror sites updating to this new archive, just to make sure we don't get corrupted file reports on it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n83n01tfoqi2e8f

Thanks everyone for the support and motivation I received for this mod ;)

Having trouble getting this to work...been messing around with it for probably the last hour, I've watched your videos and recreated them as best I could in game, I changed variables to closest distance and most probable even and still I'm having no luck..

Having trouble getting this to work...been messing around with it for probably the last hour, I've watched your videos and recreated them as best I could in game, I changed variables to closest distance and most probable even and still I'm having no luck..

Sorry to hear that. You might want to try these two debug missions of mine. I've been using them for weeks during the last update phase.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xh7amb00m98eraz

They work fine on my dedicated server.

Thanks, will test!

You're welcome. Remember: the parameters are set in a highly unrealistic, extreme way: it's for debug purposes only..to keep it subtle and realistic you should not even set any variable in the modules, at all ;)

ok trying this module out. I have the IED and suicide bomber modules on the map (fallujah) along with ambient civilian expansion and ambient vehicles. I have these parameters in both modules.

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_probability",1.0];this setVariable ["reezo_eod_interval",60];

Drove and walked around fallujah for 30 minutes, saw vehicles, people but no kaboom. Not even anyone threatening. What am I doing wrong.

Did you sync the module to team leaders of playable teams, just as you would do with the Ambient Combat Module?

If the answer is yes: eject, eject, eject. I have no solution at hand.. :)

Thanks ;) These guys are using the EOD mod, too..no respawn, though!

PS: I can't say much but in SR5 Tactical we were planning to develop two unmanned vehicles, one of which was an EOD bot..it's taking us longer than we thought because of p3d models and such..but if I get the models working I can definitely write configs and give life to some ground unmanned vehicle. That'd be nice (I see the guys in the photo have some kind of UGV in their trunk ;))

Hey Reezo

Nice mod, liking it very much.

I'm trying to make a mission where an IED hits a convoy, then suicide bombers start an attack. I want the IED to definetly spawn at a crossroad so I've set the setVariable ["reezo_eod_range", to [1,5]

will that spawn the IED in that radius?

or will this mean the IED wont even spawn as there is no one is in that radius?

In the vid I think you mentioned 'when units leave this radius the IED will disappear',

Hope that made sense lol

Also, people will need to run ACEX to check those test missions out ;)

Just an awesome mod man. It's allready standard in my group.

Would be so cool with a UGV.

Grats and thanks!