Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

Faysh khabur beta release

ty tpw im flattered :)

apart from the rocks and trees, everything is placed by hand.....yes even the roads.

indeed i did some copy and pasting in the towns.

but things are changing as we speak.

@Lao Fei Mao ill see wat and where i can place more indeed that would look good but im trying to keep it close to original

so u may expect trees near the river but appart from that its a pretty open landscape as far as i can see in pictures from this region.

i hope u guys enjoy the map, perhaps ill search a server tonight and have a little fun in fayshkhabur myself, player name = anderson.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Been messing with it for a week now, incredible stuff. The vehicles have no trouble with the roads , all bridges seem to be easily cross-able by AI under fire (something I don't see often in maps) . Keep up the good work, It's one of my favorite (if not my most favorite) Iraq maps. The satmap could be a little more green IMO but that's about it from me.

yes i checked the mission but for some reason my grass was missing when i played this in singleplayer

tought it had something to do with my config so checked without the mission and the grass appears just fine so????.

If you are talking about my mission mate, grass is set to off initially. Just use action menu Settings and set it to any level you want.

Been messing with it for a week now' date=' incredible stuff. The vehicles have no trouble with the roads , all bridges seem to be easily cross-able by AI under fire (something I don't see often in maps) .[/quote']

This bridging set-up is what impresses me most. BlackMamba, any chance you could share what you've done special for those bridges so others can benefit from this? It just sucks to see AI vehicles get stuck on/miss bridges at Fallujah, Celle, IslaDuala, CWR2's Nogova, ...

William

@_William well i actualy didnt do anything special with the bridges they are just alligned i gues..

@Kremator i figured it would have something to do with me trying to play your MSO in singleplayer. :)

Very nice! Cant wait to fly around in this beauty.

Thanks again for always keeping us up to date with your releases :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Edited by Guest
fixed typo

Thanks =KCT=BlackMamba, a great map just keeps getting better.

The only slight problem I have with this map is that its config interferes with Fallujah in some way. If I launch Arma2 with both maps (using a launcher or shortcut), then I cannot get ambient civilians to spawn in Fallujah. If I launch Arma2 again with just Fallujah, the ambient civilians spawn just fine. It's not really a big deal, but you might like to look into it anyway.

Thanks again for improving an already fantastic map!

Love the update, thank you for your work :)

Map looks great while flying too , and preforms well with high view distances.

ty sick :)

@tpw i dont know ?.. are u shure cause i play with both maps enabled all the time and im fine it works just sweat.

@tpw i dont know ?.. are u shure cause i play with both maps enabled all the time and im fine it works just sweat.

Pretty sure mate. If I load both maps and no other mods whatsoever, I will get ambient civilians in Faysh Khabur but not in Fallujah. Using beta 89233. I've tried changing the loading order of the islands, but it makes no difference.

Like I say it's not really a big deal apart from the fact that the 2 maps are brilliant and I'd like to switch back and forth from the editor instead of reloading the game!

Edited by tpw

The RC1 version is really brilliant. I just tried it. All the cities or villages were fine allocated. And I noticed that in spite of so many buildings ,the performace is good. My 2500k+HD6970 could totally maintain 50 fps + @ 10KM VD. Thanks mate, really good job. And by the way, I love the city "Tall Kochak".

the link to armaholic download doesnt work plss i hope for u guys to fix this thank u