Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Website project: ArmA Player Center - looking for Teammembers

I'd be willing to do the website for this, if it's not already in the making.

It is even further than "already in the making" but thanks. :D

Sorry, please disregard this.

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

I would like to show you guys a little sneak peak at our project, ArmA Player Center (APC), which will be available for all ArmA players to use for free.

ArmA Player Center (APC) is a website designed to help players of the ArmA series find multiplayer servers, clans, groups, or even other players that fit their multiplayer needs the most.

My team members and I are working hard to bring forth this project to the ArmA community, and we hope that everyone will enjoy and utilize it.

Sneak Peak

Edited by Nicholas

Myke, what a great idea. You have my photoshop skills if you need me. I send a join grp request. :)

Basically i had the same idea like some ppl above.

You as a player give all the infos about yourself, but you can also look actively for other ppl who share the same interests as you.

Oh, and we need a section for REQUIRED MODS. Its always good to know this before trying to joing any game or open clan sessions. For example i'd like to know whether ppl require Ace before i join.

All in all, great effort Myke :)

Currently, in it's infant state, the website is only a forum. This limits us in many ways, including the ability to do a refined search of a database. (Such as very specific searching)

In the current setup, whoever the group/clan is that will post their information will be required to post any mods that they require players to run.

Edited by Nicholas

You mean like eHarmony for Arma 2?

Haha, I can see it now

Name: RangerPL

Enjoys: Coop missions, ACE mod, long walks on the beach

Currently, in it's infant state, the website is only a forum. This limits us in many ways, including the ability to do a refined search of a database. (Such as very specific searching)

In the current setup, whoever the group/clan is that will post their information will be required to post any mods that they require players to run.

We do not only have a Forum but also a Event Calendar where everyone can put his events in. It also allows some limited filtering.

It might not be the absolutely best solution but it will surely work to start with. Depending on the acceptance of the Website we might write a better solution later.

Haha, I can see it now

Name: RangerPL

Enjoys: Coop missions, ACE mod, long walks on the beach

Exactly! :)

Signing up now and putting in my "available during evenings/nights, CET". Erm... so where's the link?

Anyone interested in ArmA Player Center can follow us on Twitter! We are posting updates about the site as we work on it!

WrvLu.png

Edited by Nicholas

Hello! I am informing you that we have created another group, called ArmA Player Center (APC) Interest Group. Intended for those who are interested in the group. We have done this to keep the group organized and manageable. This way, we also know who is currently involved with the site.

Thanks for your time and interest.

This sounds interesting and in some topics I've proposed and thought about this myself. But indeed like most here say, more in the form of a system than a forum.

So please take this as constructive feedback; if it's just a forum, we are on one now too, why not use the multiplayer or squad section for this? Most, if not all, communities/groups/squads/clans have their own forum, some are also active on the BIS forum, not that many will be active on another forum. So if you want to get 'everyone' a nice place to meet and 'date' avoid being just another forum.

I will keep an eye on this though!

Feel free to follow our twitter. Clicking the picture in my signature will take you to our Twitter page where we will try to post updates about the site.

I would like you to know that the website is being developed with code that is 100% custom. There will be a forum available, but it is no longer the main way to find and join groups.

Hey guys. At the moment we are two webdevelopers (MadDogX and me) working on the codebase of APC and we already got a big server for the first (semi) public tests starting in a few weeks.

So if you want to get 'everyone' a nice place to meet and 'date' avoid being just another forum.!

Dont' worry, we already dropped the plans to build everything on top of a forum a week ago. Everything will be 100% own code! However, there will be a (self made and implemented) forum for general discussion and private forums for every clan/squad/group (if needed).

Myke;1988296']I had this idea a long time ago and now i've decided to give it a try. Basically this thread told me i have to because obviously no one else would. ;)

Ok' date=' problem: it's hard to find like-minded player for a random game every now and then. A place is needed where one can advertise his game (be it dedi server or quickly self hosted) to find some players.

Solution: a forum where nearly everyone can advertise himself and look for some players to join him. Can be quickly random or on a regular weekly basis, doesn't matter.

And that's what i have in mind, a website/forum where everyone can jump in and either look for games/players just for a random game, can look for a group of like-minded players or even a squad/clan to join.

So anyone could jump in and say "hey, i'm hosting a game this evening, who is interested either leave a message here or join <servername>".

Also groups can advertise that they're playing "open for everyone every tuesday and thursday".

So there will be a forum for everyone to find players or games.

This is just a rough sketch about the idea, it needs a lot of finetuning and polishing until it's ready for public for sure.

And there is where i need help. I can't do this on my own (well, i could but wife wouldn't be happy at all) so i need a few people to help me to get it up and runnin. And after launch helping to moderate this beast.

Special knowledge isn't necessary although someone who can do graphics (for the planned website look) would surely be appreciated.

Besides this, i'm looking for people with adequate social behaviour (some might say opposite to my own ;) ) who are willing to spend some time on a daily basis (or almost daily) to take place as forum moderator there.

If you're interested, please join the social group ArmA Player center so we might start discussing about the details.

A personal note: i wouldn't mind if those 2 people would volunteer that probably started to hate me in the above mentoined thread. Just don't call me son", my name is Myke, nothing else to call me. :D

Wow you are a funny guy. This is what Jake was talking about in his post that you had a major issue with and you and a few others told us to shut up and join a clan lol. Good luck with this because Arm 2 small coop play is on life support and player vs player is dead.

Wow you are a funny guy. This is what Jake was talking about in his post that you had a major issue with and you and a few others told us to shut up and join a clan lol. Good luck with this because Arm 2 small coop play is on life support and player vs player is dead.

You have just read the first post, haven't you?

Myke left the team, some days ago and this project is NOT focused on PvP. Its focused on finding public events or private events from your firends, to manage small and big groups of players.

P.S. Some of the team members only play private coop (like me).

@AVIBIRD1

I never told you or Jake34 to join a clan but to find a group of like-minded people to play with. I also told you that instead of whining and ranting you could become active and organize something yourself because this is how this community works: people taking their finger out of their ass and improve something they see it needs improving.

ArmA 2 is as dead or alive as you are willing to put effort in it. If you're not willing to participate in any way, well then ArmA 2 will be dead...for you, while in the meantime several hundreds to thousands players actually do have a excellent online experience. At the end, you just get what you deserve: nothing.

I wish you a nice life and i kindly ask you to leave this community as you obviously don't want to be a active part of it but instead you want others to spend their free time to please you whenever and however you wish.

I read this and the previous thread with interest and through all the bickering and arguing it seems that the result of it was a solution (the Arma Player Centre) that would seem to suit everybody.

I'll post in the forum when it is up and running but I'll outline what I want to do...

I have a dedicated server that I only really use for testing my MP missions, when I am not testing, it is up and running as a public server usually playing community missions (like the Ghost Recon stuiff and Celery's PvP stuff). The thing is that no-one is ever on it. I have not as yet actually tried to advertise it, so I will use APC to do so.

I will be happy to take requests and set it up with any missions that people want to play. I'll add any mods people want on there (within reason) and make sure the keys are loaded (so the mods will need bikeys). Damn, I might even play on it myself!

I don't actually play much Arma online at the moment. For many of the reasons discussed in previous threads - my life is busy and I just cannot commit to most 'clans/squads' that I have enquired about (that's my fault - not theirs). It would be good to just jump on a server playing small homebrew missions (might even sneak some of mine in!) with some like minded people. APC is an ideal way of organising this.

Lastly, the server I have also has to earn it's keep as a web-server (light load) so occaisionally it would not be available. I'll probably also need some help with setting up the config properly - at the moment it is pretty much just set up with the defaults provided by TA2DST. The server also has Teamspeak running (which I use for other things too), so I would be happy to set up an Arma lobby there.

I will do this through the APC as I want to keep it public and advertise it where I know people actually want to play. Should it get to a point where it is overtaken by (let's say) the less mature player, or is hacked then I would need to re-think.

Anyway - big thanks to Myke and the other people involved who took on the batton and started this thing up. I think if you can see over the arguments that happened, both AVIBIRD1 and Jake34 as well as everyone else in the previous thread would find that this is actually a decent solution to the problem.

Myke;1999017']@AVIBIRD1

I never told you or Jake34 to join a clan but to find a group of like-minded people to play with. I also told you that instead of whining and ranting you could become active and organize something yourself because this is how this community works: people taking their finger out of their ass and improve something they see it needs improving.

ArmA 2 is as dead or alive as you are willing to put effort in it. If you're not willing to participate in any way' date=' well then ArmA 2 will be dead...for you, while in the meantime several hundreds to thousands players actually do have a excellent online experience. At the end, you just get what you deserve: nothing.

I wish you a nice life and i kindly ask you to leave this community as you obviously don't want to be a active part of it but instead you want others to spend their free time to please you whenever and however you wish.[/quote']

How does your wife put up with you! I was saying good luck with this because ARMA needs somthing like this to help like-minded people to meet and play in a relax open rooms. How did you get that I was whining and ranting I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK with this!!!!!! Ps. I like a finger or two in my ass sometimes lol. Take care MR. Myke :D

Myke left the team, some days ago and this project is NOT focused on PvP. Its focused on finding public events or private events from your firends, to manage small and big groups of players.

It doesn't need to be focused on PvP obviously. Is there any rough schedule, at least re the public testing phase?

It doesn't need to be focused on PvP obviously. Is there any rough schedule, at least re the public testing phase?

I think a first testphase will be soon. First phase will be without public registration. If you are interested, you can join our BIS group (http://forums.bistudio.com/group.php?groupid=204).

At the moment we are finishing the core-features and polishing some additional details.