Sign in to follow this  
Commonplace

Sweat

Do you like the blurry vision (sweat)?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the blurry vision (sweat)?

• Yes
    • No

Could always hit the treadmill before hopping onto ArmA. Can't get anymore realistic than that! :p

Or mount the tread mill to the W key.

I am calling this idea the Wii Fit. :)

Seen the title of this thread and though of candy. Turns out its about Blurry Vision....

But I personally like the blurry vision. It is sometimes odd when I get over a fence and suddenly blur vision will come on. So I voted yes.......

Can I get candy now?

Seen the title of this thread and though of candy. Turns out its about Blurry Vision....

But I personally like the blurry vision. It is sometimes odd when I get over a fence and suddenly blur vision will come on. So I voted yes.......

Can I get candy now?

I voted no, but I wouldnt mind seeing it more as a suppression effect.

As in IF you are suppressed by enemies, shooting and hitting close to you etc, you have shake and slight blur effects on your weapon and vision to lower your ingame effectiveness to counter the "fearless/no risk" online attitude you have ingame that you normally wouldnt have in real life if you where being suppressed and knew one bullet could end your life.

I think they have something like that in BF3, but I havent seen it yet.

Not that I want Arma 3 to be like BF3, but game mechanic wise to create ingame realism I think its a nice idea.

Hi, i'd runned with 4 +1 5.56 mags, two frags and a smoke, the helmet, flak vest, the AR of 4.2Kg Empty, the backpack with variated equipment among rations, sleeping bag and tent, a LAW-72 and 5 rifle mortars; all this this after exit from the water. My vision never was blurred, it's blurred when i drink (too much); other soldiers told me that they had blurred vision before fall to the ground inconscious, they had a 89mm mortar on the back and fallen not before 16Km of running on the Galicia's august heat, 28 to 33º and 89% of humidity, they didn't felt anything of this until the 13 or 14Km of run or at least... they didn't complained with will enough until the midle of the way. No to blurred vision for nothing. Let's C ya

Maybe people in the Czech Republic sweat through their eye sockets and believe it's a global syndrome.

Hi, i'd runned with 4 +1 5.56 mags, two frags and a smoke, the helmet, flak vest, the AR of 4.2Kg Empty, the backpack with variated equipment among rations, sleeping bag and tent, a LAW-72 and 5 rifle mortars; all this this after exit from the water. My vision never was blurred, it's blurred when i drink (too much); other soldiers told me that they had blurred vision before fall to the ground inconscious, they had a 89mm mortar on the back and fallen not before 16Km of running on the Galicia's august heat, 28 to 33º and 89% of humidity, they didn't felt anything of this until the 13 or 14Km of run or at least... they didn't complained with will enough until the midle of the way. No to blurred vision for nothing. Let's C ya

But that's the thing about it, If you look at how much gear a typical combat soldier has on him in ARMA, He shouldn't have blurred vision.

Maybe the helmets are on the men to tight............:confused:

Maybe people in the Czech Republic sweat through their eye sockets and believe it's a global syndrome.

FPDR FPDR

This post deserve a double FP:j:

Also, instead of the heavy shaking, where the entire rifle appears to swing around, perhaps it would be better if the rifle was simply misaligned, causing the aim to be off in a more subtle way.

There would be no effect of this if we got working red dot sights, so no thanks for me. When I'm exhausted, my hands actually shake pretty bad.

I really like the PP effects (or sweat, lol). Until recently i had them on as high as they go. Then played a few PvP matches and needed the extra frames; didnt notice too much of a visual difference so left PP on normal.

To me, sprinting from one bit of cover to the next becomes more immersive and intense when there is constant blur. I cant focus in on one specific point but ive got a 50/50 chance of making out a hostile "shape".

If i need to have a good look ill stop, or walk with my weapon raised. Maybe mid-sprint ill slow down to a walk for a quick moment if i see something suspicious.

FPS games that do not incorporate motion blur or heavy camera shake i find hard to play now. Hard to play as in it feels like its missing something. It feels like im controlling a camera as opposed to a head.

I hope that Arma3 incorporates either the same type of PP or a more refined type. My main gripe is that not everyone likes it --obviously-- but for those who do; they are handicapping themselves. If someone is playing with no PP imho he has an advantage over someone who plays with high/normal PP (PvP, strictly speaking).

Because of this i feel like i need to turn off PP to maximise my advantage, or rather -even the playing field. But alas, i couldnt. I turned it down to normal. :D

FPS games that do not incorporate motion blur or heavy camera shake i find hard to play now. Hard to play as in it feels like its missing something. It feels like im controlling a camera as opposed to a head.

That's strange, because only with a camera would you get said motion blur, defocusing and shaking.

That's strange, because only with a camera would you get said motion blur, defocusing and shaking.

I can only agree on the shaking part.

Motion blur and DOF are just as part of the human eye as they are of a camera.

Motion blur and DOF are just as part of the human eye as they are of a camera.

Which is why they're not needed on screen.

Which is why they're not needed on screen.

Again, I disagree, but I'll just leave it at that. I've seen this discussion often enough and it's not productive.

Not strange at all actually; when one considers the fact that its through camera techniques (or rather PP) that developers try and come up with effects that --in some shape or form-- emulate aspects of running, sweating and heavy breathing that could not have been done otherwise.