Sign in to follow this  
OrdeaL

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 82604

Performance - is good. But let's don't forget about this:

ARMA 2 CO 1.59 - beta build 82604. No custom addons.

Situation:

Generated town and vehicle with "Seek and Destroy" waypoint.

No wonder, there are no predefined A.I. routes in module generated towns.

Don't exspect too much from A.I.

Well, that´s not entirely correct, there are several graphical settings (ie texture quality, shading quality, scene complexity, terrain grid and so on...) in profile folder also.
Well from my experience removing entire keymapping config is pointless, I never did and only removed ArmA2OA.cfg and it re wrote with new changed values and did make a difference once I put my graphics back to how I used it before, the other config for keys etc was never removed.

I wonder how that cold be overcome anyway? How does this work with ambient civvies they seem to work it out, I guess they use a different system?

Edited by mrcash2009

One bug that is still in the current beta that annoys me like hell is the pointer going "Engage" when you are over thin air. Please, BIS, fix this! It happens so easily in the heat of battle, and it is next to impossible to undo, since they will not give a damn about "Disengage". They just run off like headless chicken.

Pretty please :)

There are no predefined A.I. routes in ArmA at all (apart from building waypoints)

The problem is that A.I. treats only what's part of the map originally as obstacles and mostly ignores stuff that you just generate ingame (not even in the editor).

To put it simply - it doesn't "see" the randomly placed buildings through the module.

I think the AI path finding doesn't update very quickly. If you place a bar gate and close it the AI will stop but when you re-open it they treat it as closed for several minutes and will drive anywhere but through it.

I think the AI path finding doesn't update very quickly. If you place a bar gate and close it the AI will stop but when you re-open it they treat it as closed for several minutes and will drive anywhere but through it.

It appears that there is something which attempts to save cpu by caching paths found by the AI.

This is also a very common issue in CTI where AI will walk right through buildings which were recently created.

What's needed is probably some command to invalidate all saved paths running through a certain area.

Yes it would be nice if you could force it to re-evaluate the path.

with the last couple of betas i've been getting warnings from windows that i'm running out of memory, but i've got 4gb and i'm only running arma. does this mean arma is using more memory, or it's a bug?

with the last couple of betas i've been getting warnings from windows that i'm running out of memory, but i've got 4gb and i'm only running arma. does this mean arma is using more memory, or it's a bug?

Warnings from windows that you are running out of memory most often mean the disk on which you have your swap file placed is getting full.

Performance - is good. But let's don't forget about this:

gPbvPLJR6T4

ARMA 2 CO 1.59 - beta build 82604. No custom addons.

Situation:

Generated town and vehicle with "Seek and Destroy" waypoint.

I tested this situation in my mission again and guess that I found a cause. This bug appear when I place generated town too close to the map's "border". One part of this town was outside of this "border " and I think that AI just have no calculated routs for this "unknown" area. When I place whole town inside this "border", then all fine and AI vehicles avoid collisions with generated town. Tested with latest beta (82948) So, I think, all fine with this.