Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Takistani Extension

Hey guys. Now that Project RACS is released i decided to make another small addon for the Takistani army. I may eventually reskin this one for the CDF too.

While playing on some TvT games some frinds of mine have noticed that there are some gaps in the takistani forces that i will try to correct for more balanced game play or even some realism.

Items Added:

SA-6 Gainful Sam

SA-8 Gecko Sam

2S1 SP Howitzer ( works with artillery computer)

D-20 Howitzer ( works with artillery computer)

T-72 ERA

MiG-21MF Fighter and ground attack

Su-24 Fencer Bomber

Su-25 with loadout changes

I do not want to turn this into a full blown project like the RACS mod. Just making the Takis a bit more of a potent adversary. I would like to hear your feedback and suggestions. I am doing my best to keep it all packaged in one PBO that way it can be easily used by server admins and distibuted to clients.

Some media.

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/Takistani%20Extension/arma2oa2011-06-2307-13-27-50.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/Takistani%20Extension/arma2oa2011-06-2307-14-18-68.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/Takistani%20Extension/arma2oa2011-06-2307-15-33-86.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/Takistani%20Extension/arma2oa2011-06-2307-15-45-22.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/Takistani%20Extension/arma2oa2011-06-2307-16-29-09.jpg

Edited by Alex72
Images >100kb

Love the look off those SAMs, they all look great, nice work!

Looks good, but I think the Takistani Army lacks a static Heavy SAM Site(Something similar to the Hawk site in PRACs at least) to protect installations from enemy aircraft.

This looks sweet Wld427!

I have a couple of suggestions if you have the time:

- M-60A3 for Takistani Army (Inherited from the times of the US supporting the Royal Takistanis)

- Mi-24P for Takistani Air Force?

If you need testers, just throw me a PM, I'd be more than willing to help.

Goss makes good suggestions. I love the huge arse Russian SAMs, would be great to see them streaking across the Takistan sky.

Indeed, takis need some more stuff to have. For example, some T-72s would be very useful (instead of BIS one) - T-72A(aka M1) with and without ERA, T-72B with ERA. And, of course, cargo "Urals" and "KamAZ" trucks! Also, taki skin for Franze's Su-17 would be nice to see.

I like the concept. What you have mentioned would balance out the Takis nicely.

I wouldnt go over board with them, An M60A3 sounds great and i thought the takis already had a Hind.

I wouldnt go over board with them, An M60A3 sounds great and i thought the takis already had a Hind.

That is the whole goal in all this. A nice little PBO with a few addons in it that will make it not only more balanced but more fun as well.

TVT maps will be much more difficult for the bluefor to have a pair of A-10s , or harriers, orbiting over the town owning everything with very very unfriendly MiG-21s providing cover......or Paladins recieving counterfire from 2S1s......or spetznaz get in nice and close to laser guide a KAB-1500 onto your position....

The Takis already have a hind, but it has useless falangas lol :)

But hey, it's your mod, it was just merely a suggestion

The Takis already have a hind, but it has useless falangas lol :)

But hey, it's your mod, it was just merely a suggestion

ive added both the P and V Hinds to the Taki side.

Also the Mi8 with rockets.

The great thing about this idea is that it's finite. There's only so much you'd want to add to the Taki Army.

Is the Taki insurgents going to get any loving here? They need an armed Mi8 and a mobile SAM.. perhaps a SAM technical or Ural? :)

Are you making new the models or are those made by someone else ?

Fantastic, lookl great, sams are really cool, and that beast of an ardie set up, great work pall, hope comes along easy enough for you.

Regards Jeza

nice work!

I hope you still are doing RACS though :)

nice work!

I hope you still are doing RACS though :)

RACS is already released. I have an update that needs some fine tuning and i will release it.

I jsut wanted to get theis small addon pack done so i have some decent adversaries for the RACS.

@Tanks

Like we discussed yesterday not sure if you were still around or not. I may eventually take this pack swap out the skins for the TK insurgents and roll it over to blufor for the CDF. Thats a big maybee thogh :)

RACS is already released. I have an update that needs some fine tuning and i will release it.

I jsut wanted to get theis small addon pack done so i have some decent adversaries for the RACS.

@Tanks

Like we discussed yesterday not sure if you were still around or not. I may eventually take this pack swap out the skins for the TK insurgents and roll it over to blufor for the CDF. Thats a big maybee thogh :)

That'd be sweet for the CDF to get an upgrade :)

Well, Eddy did already a tremendous job and you just can't stop sending him into the meatgrinder again? :)

Nice additions anyways, I think these will bring enough heat for the Takis. Besides static SAM launchers that was mentioned before, I think only some medium transport plane is missing only from their inventory (An-24/26?), but I don't want to ask Eddy do that :D

wow

i wish if u can add Mig-23 fighter and/or Mig-27 the insides are not that big deal

and i can talk to someone who made an AN-12 cub model if u want

and what do u think about an irani Fajr-5 or shahin-1 or a soviet Frog-7 unguided missiles compaired to the giant Sahrani made rocket launcher

and an OSA-1/2 boat but first we need a takistani/sea map :P

model i have that u might want from me:

SA-2 launcher and rocket 100% complete

Shahin-1 with truck 95% minor update

frog-7 30% just started

Nice Avatar !!

Well im trying not to let this turn into project racs for the takistanis.

The takistani army is the closest thing to a compltet faction that BIS has given us so far. Im jsut trying to fill a few gaps and plus up thier power a bit to even off with bluefor and pracs.

I have added a few things not on the original list but will keep them under wraps for now. I want to try and knock out a few more things today and hopefully i will have time to post some photos tonight.