Sign in to follow this  
Damu

Pre-announcement ARG answers to questions discussion

The tie-ins with the Harvest Red campaign were pretty obvious at the beginning, yet ARMA 3 doesn't seem to have anything to do with it; the gap between 2013 (end of PMC) and ARMA 3 seems to be quite big. Does that mean that there is a new expansion coming as well?

Question:

Have China, Russia and Iran been correctly identified as the OPFOR factions?

We need to think about two things:

1. When do we set the deadline for questions to be asked?

2. How do we decide which 20 questions we will go with?

We need to think about two things:

1. When do we set the deadline for questions to be asked?

2. How do we decide which 20 questions we will go with?

1. maybe today evening at 12pm??

2. can u set up a poll in enigma page??

Did any BIS employee suffer injuries from falling off his/her seat laughing about the communitys attemps to solve the arg?

I would delegate you MadDogX to choose right 20 questions. You have biggest credit that ARG was solved. And it would be small community thanks to you ;).

p.s. If we choose poll, it will be too unpredictable.

Some questions point towards the same direction and could be put together.

Also the requirement that the questions are closed questions, so they only imply the option yes or no as answer should be a good limitation.

I would delegate you MadDogX to choose right 20 questions. You have biggest credit that ARG was solved. And it would be small community thanks to you ;).

p.s. If we choose poll, it will be too unpredictable.

Haha, you flatter me, but no thanks. I would rather just help organize everything. ;)

If anyone should just pick 20 Qs, it should be Zipper5, since he's the one forwarding them to Damu.

More questions unrelated to the ARG removed.

If anyone should just pick 20 Qs, it should be Zipper5, since he's the one forwarding them to Damu.

If you guys want me to, I'd be happy to. It's all up to you. :)

Okay, that sounds like a good "last option", so to speak. If we can't all somehow agree on which questions are the top 20, Zipper will just pick his favorites. :)

I do have another suggestion though:

First, we can look at the current list of questions and see if there are any that can be dropped (due to lack of potentially interesting info) or merged, since they are essentially the same.

Secondly, when new questions come in, instead of simply adding them to the list (and thus making it larger than 20 again), we should see if it should replace another question.

EDIT: For example, I think this one can be dropped:

"Did it take a few months to get the ARG set up properly?" - Dice

Nothing personal, Dice, but knowing how much effort the ARG took to set up doesn't really get us very far. :)

I would move to drop that question. Anyone agree?

Edited by MadDogX

More questions unrelated to the ARG removed.

OK, I'm with you. Zipper would be right one.

But alas, you choose wrong questions, community is merciless. :D

Nothing personal, Dice, but knowing how much effort the ARG took to set up doesn't really get us very far. :)

It's fine by me (even though I would really like to know this :rolleyes: )

EDIT: For example, I think this one can be dropped:

"Did it take a few months to get the ARG set up properly?" - Dice

I agree with you to omit this question, anyway I would like know more about ARG's origin, or how devs enjoy our suggestion, ideas. :)

More ideas to cut down the questions:

"Have China, Russia and Iran been correctly identified as the OPFOR factions?" - derdoe

"Will the chinese be directly involved in the Arma3 campaign?" - sweguy96

"Does 'Persia' mean 'Iran' in the ARG?" - [GR]Operative

^^ These three could be reduced to two, since Russia was never mentioned in the ARG (AFAIK) but China and Iran both were. So instead we could ask:

"Will iranian forces appear in Arma3?"

"Will chinese forces appear in Arma3?"

Both are ARG related and it gives us the maximum info. :D

I agree with you to omit this question, anyway I would like know more about ARG's origin, or how devs enjoy our suggestion, ideas. :)

Okay, I've moved the question to "dropped questions". Anyone who thinks a dropped question should be reinstated, make yourself heard.

The intention here, in my opinion, should be to get the most "bang for our buck" out of these questions. :)

Edited by MadDogX

Well done, MadDogX, i assumed Russia to be in because of the Kavoc.

Anyway, put the 3 questions into 2, thats fine for me.

Okay, I've moved the question to "dropped questions". Anyone who thinks a dropped question should be reinstated, make yourself heard.

The intention here, in my opinion, should be to get the most "bang for our buck" out of these questions.

Will iranian forces appear in Arma3?"

"Will chinese forces appear in Arma3?"

Ok with that.

As I sad you are one who can't make mistake with selection.

We should do some "logical compression", compress three questions to two and ensure some fun for devs.

Well done, MadDogX, i assumed Russia to be in because of the Kavoc.

Anyway, put the 3 questions into 2, thats fine for me.

Okey dokey. :)

Some more questions that could be dropped, imho:

"Were there any BIS spies helping us out during the ARG?"

It was repeatedly stated that there were no BIS spies. ;)

"Is it the ENTIRE Lemnos island?"

This has already more or less been answered by Damu in this thread. Sounds to me like it will be the whole island, just slightly scaled down. Not 100% sure though.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

We should do some "logical compression", compress three questions to two and ensure some fun for devs.

"Logical compression", that's a good way to put it. :)

Yes, that was my intention.

Edited by MadDogX

Do we really want questions about ARMA 3 answered? After all, these will be revealed in the coming weeks anyway. I think it would make more sense to concentrate on the ARG and the riddles that we haven't been able to solve...

Just my €0.02 :)

Can't we make some kind of ARG where BIS has to puzzle out what our next question will be, say one every 42 hours?

Do we really want questions about ARMA 3 answered? After all, these will be revealed in the coming weeks anyway. I think it would make more sense to concentrate on the ARG and the riddles that we haven't been able to solve...

Many of the questions are about the ARG, and most of those have enough merit to make the top 20. But you can't blame people for wanting more info on Arma3 aswell. ;)

After all, the whole ARG itself was really just a way to give us tidbits of info on the game.

But you can't blame people for wanting more info on Arma3 aswell. ;)

No, certainly I want to know these things myself. It's just that I think here's a good chance of finding out something that will not eventually be released anyway... Dunno, just thought I'd throw it in.

After all, the whole ARG itself was really just a way to give us tidbits of info on the game.
Still wondering that... There seems to be an awful long gap between ARMA 2/PMC and ARMA 3, and I still wonder whether that is going to be filled somehow... but I guess I am going off topic now :)

I think this one could be dropped as well

"The ARG mentioned Spukayev... does this mean that ArmA 3 is a continuation of the ArmA 2 tale?" - RangerPL

Of course it is, the Armaverse continues (has done it since OFP)

Partly agree, I have same doubt about my question. But some question's answer can reveal "hacker's" thinking ;).

And slowly, I see that idea elect Zipper to choose questions ends as only formal function, like British Queen, no worry. :)

I think this one could be dropped as well
"The ARG mentioned Spukayev... does this mean that ArmA 3 is a continuation of the ArmA 2 tale?" - RangerPL

Of course it is, the Armaverse continues (has done it since OFP)

Or perhaps it could be rephrased... something like:

Did Spukayevs hidden files have any direct connection with the Arma3 campaign or the fictional events leading up to it?

I dunno.

Or perhaps it could be rephrased... something like:
Did Spukayevs hidden files have any direct connection with the Arma3 campaign or the fictional events leading up to it?

I dunno.

Agree. Hope that RangerPL don't mind. According to me arrange all answers.

Edited by BoboCZ