Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Something has just occurred to me. (I know shock / horror and all that!).

But, in the game will we have the immersion objects? Stuff like camo nets, folding tables and chairs, park benches, barricades (all sorts), dog houses, cargo containers, market stalls, pallets, sheds, fuel tanks, evidence stuff (map, money, files etc), notebook, radio, torches, satellite phone, radio, notebook... the list goes on and on and on.

Any of this stuff in A3? And before anybody says anything I know some of the objects I have listed is in the game in some shape or form. I want to know if we will have the plethora of objects that we have in A2 CO at our disposal in A3.

Oh and Maio, leave this thread open please.

So now they removed shotguns and all but one jet? In addition to the removed campaign, removed disguise system, lack of a 3D editor, and lack of AI progress? ArmA 3 is going to have about as much content as ArmA 2 Free or OA demo. "Here guys, we slightly enhanced the core game for you. But you're going to have to make your own content, with a mostly unchanged editor! Oh and the game will cost much more than ArmA 2: Combined Operations x DDDD".

Edited by boredgunner

So now they removed shotguns and all but one jet? In addition to the removed campaign, removed disguise system, lack of a 3D editor, and lack of AI progress? ArmA 3 is going to have about as much content as ArmA 2 Free or OA demo. "Here guys, we slightly enhanced the core game for you. But you're going to have to make your own content, with a mostly unchanged editor! Oh and the game will cost much more than ArmA 2: Combined Operations x DDDD".

While I'm also intrigued with the limited list as it stands at the moment, the rest of what you're saying has little substance. The campaign isn't removed, BIS simply doesn't have the manpower to finish it with the quality they think you deserve in the set deadline. The disguise system would have been a debacle for not only the AI but also multiplayer.... I am very glad it's not in. The 3D editor wasn't part of the feature set announced when the Alpha was available. The AI has made very good progress and is still getting worked on, with a new focus now :wink_o:

But, in the game will we have the immersion objects? Stuff like camo nets, folding tables and chairs, park benches, barricades (all sorts), dog houses, cargo containers, market stalls, pallets, sheds, fuel tanks, evidence stuff (map, money, files etc), notebook, radio, torches, satellite phone, radio, notebook... the list goes on and on and on.

I'd asked that in one of the beta threads and of course it was lost to time. But most of that stuff is because of campaign missions, so no campaign probably means no one's been busy making those kinds of items for us. There's no Items in game currently like the evMoney stuff. There's plenty of little objects for map use though. Could always use more though.

I'd asked that in one of the beta threads and of course it was lost to time. But most of that stuff is because of campaign missions, so no campaign probably means no one's been busy making those kinds of items for us. There's no Items in game currently like the evMoney stuff. There's plenty of little objects for map use though. Could always use more though.

Surely threads posted from the great kylania cannot be lost to time?!?!

In all seriousness though, I have seen things like campfires, folding chairs, and other bits and pcs under "Tents" in objects (empty).

Yeah so have I buddy but we still are missing a massive amount of immersion objects, especially stuff like camo nets, evidence "stuff" and the such like, etc etc.

Indeed, but I think that will be at a latter stage, I mean I'm all for it but as far as core gameplay aspects go, this is probably lower priority. (just imho, not backed up)

Just a heads-up!

Tee "hybrid sight" confirmed in this picture:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4568/arma3e3eotechhhsii.jpg

is actually just the HAMR sight at an slight angle. No hybrid sights have been shown.

Also a heads up!

You can't take anything from those screenshots as gospel anymore as was proven by the images of the F-35, a VIDEO of the shotguns, etc... Just wait and see now. This whole thread is a tad redundant unless it's just for things like "UAV was added today" :x

Let's put it this way: considering the devs' outright stating that they binned two years' worth of development, if it was shown in 2011 or 2012 then it doesn't count. :p

So is "Jumping" confirmed or not for ArmA 3's release :confused:

The animation has been in the editor since "Alpha", and yet it's STILL not implemented.

Yet DayZ SA has the exact same animation/feature working (as shown many times)...WTF? :rolleyes:

EDIT : *It's even semi-working in the "Zoombies" mod for ArmA 3, so BI be slacking lol!*

Edited by Ash712

I have removed the content that will no longer be present at the launch as well as the story and characters sections.

Right now it's up to you guys if you still want the thread to be open. I personaly think it has served its purpose.

I think it's still nice tbh, maionaze. I don't see it hurting anybody and it is a nice list of full content that can easily be found in one place in a single thread (as opposed to the website sectioning it off etc).

I don't think they cut that Submarine, Because when they released the SDV, they said that the SDV was just the small portion of what was going to be underwater in terms of vehicles.

I don't think they cut that Submarine, Because when they released the SDV, they said that the SDV was just the small portion of what was going to be underwater in terms of vehicles.
While it doesn't yet appear to have been actually "cut", there's nothing to suggest that the big submarine (Astute-class according to that extended alpha list) was ever intended to be anything but a static prop, USS Khe Sanh-style.

While it doesn't yet appear to have been actually "cut", there's nothing to suggest that the big submarine (Astute-class according to that extended alpha list) was ever intended to be anything but a static prop, USS Khe Sanh-style.

Either way I will love it, plus one of the members of the community will surely make it work fully.

They hinted at new units and expansions later on to the underwater environment.

They hinted

Hints, screenshots, interviews, actually seeing things in videos being played by humans -- none of this matters anymore in the new reality of ArmA3 development. Everything should be confirmed as binned until it's actually in the stable release. There's no room for hope or assumptions in this sandbox. :)

sorry guys there is a word / video /image regarding the MP side? in current state is awful

What restriction will be in russian version of ARMA 3 from "Buka" ? Will I can play on europenian servers?

sorry guys there is a word / video /image regarding the MP side? in current state is awful

What? No it's not :s

What restriction will be in russian version of ARMA 3 from "Buka" ? Will I can play on europenian servers?

There shouldn't be any restrictions, you will be able to play on any server (unless it's passworded etc)

All,

Apologies if this was already posted I searched the forum and it wasnt. Can somebody tell me the nationality of the NATO soldiers? I know NATO is a mulit-national organization, but I couldn't identify which nationalities these soldiers are supposed to represent because there is no indication on their gear? Is it US like the rest of the ArmA games?

Thank You

All,

Apologies if this was already posted I searched the forum and it wasnt. Can somebody tell me the nationality of the NATO soldiers? I know NATO is a mulit-national organization, but I couldn't identify which nationalities these soldiers are supposed to represent because there is no indication on their gear? Is it US like the rest of the ArmA games?

Thank You

It's a US/UK combo I think.