Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

When I asked at gamescom about flight model, nobody told me that they will include it for sure in the game (just thinking about it, nothing more). For nearly over a year we know that it might not be part of the game.

Check the list of confirmed features maybe?

Choppers are the only air vehicles we have been testing in ALPHA at all, and they have even added more for BETA....with no promised ToH flight model is not just a little depressing, but a major downer.
Again, see my quoting of the project lead as saying (before the public alpha release) that stock helicopters may not use the TOH flight model. Problem is, to date I have not actually seen any Arma 3-native helicopter addons actually released -- although I've seen screenshots for some WIP helos such as German Armed Forces Mod's CH-53GS -- so we have no way to know (short of an addon maker speaking up) exactly what will be available, so right now those stock helicopters-that-may-not-use-the-TOH-flight-model are all we have to go on. :(

(Going by Armaholic's A3 vehicles, there's a grand total of three Arma 3-native vehicle addons released: Anrop.se's Volvo C303 in "Stratis Tour" civilian and Swedish Army Tgb 11 versons, Gnat's Cessna 185 Skywagon turboprop fixed-wing variants, and mrflay's "fixed wing" HangGlider Mod, not counting "faction packs" such as Swedish Forces Pack.)

Check the list of confirmed features maybe?
The OP wasn't updated with DnA's walking-it-back.

Well the current flight model is a joke. It is very much simplified compared to Arma 2

The current flight model can probably be adjusted by altering its parameters. So what does the TKOH model have, that the current one does not have, or that can not be achieved within the current FM ?

Look, I don't want to be negative but the flight model feels like it's made to keep helicopters in the air despite pilot error.

This is step in wrong direction as it state to feel like a UFO with anti crash technology rather than a hell. I have tkoh and the simplified flight model there feels real nice and more authentic.

The OP wasn't updated with DnA's walking-it-back.
The ToH flight model will be the default flight model for all the helicopters and will be used in the SP campaign as well.

Looks like this should be updated to unconfirmed then?

I would absolutely suggest updating it to unconfirmed, or rather "walked back"/retracted.

Hello,

On the new screen shots that was released all the vehicles got pixel camo, but I heard that this camo failed (if I understood right), so if Arma 3 take place in the future and this camo failed as US army decided then why will it exist in the future where Arma 3 takes place if it proved as ineffective?

here link I found from dailymail.com: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2164686/How-U-S-Army-spent-5BILLION-failed-pixel-camouflage--wanted-look-cooler-Marines.html

and there is more info on Google...

* EDIT *

hmm probably should have posted it in General if yes move it please...

Edited by DooM4MR
wrong forum?

The UCP pattern was discontinued because of the grey colours, not because it was a pixel camo.

i fully agree with you . the collector stick doesnt want to go down

How the hell does it take 5 billions to design a camo? :j:

Government spending, aka "we don´t give a fuck how much money we waste because it is not ours"

How the hell does it take 5 billions to design a camo? :j:

Didn't cost 5 billions designing it. Exchanging every piece of equipment, uniform and gear used by hundreds of thousands of soldiers on the other hand though...

I'm not debating that it ended up costing a lot, but it probably cost less than 5 billions, since they are likely to count things such as new body armour, uniforms, equipment, etc. that would have been needed as replacements or upgrades to existing kit, meaning that a certain amount of those 5 billions aren't solely on account of UCP, but would have had to be spent either way.

Hi I was looking through the animations in the editor and found a running jump animation and not just the normal step over any one else seen this.

To get to it select

Over Obsticle

Run

and he will be doing a running jump

Ingame though I cant get this to work

Hi I was looking through the animations in the editor and found a running jump animation and not just the normal step over any one else seen this.

To get to it select

Over Obsticle

Run

and he will be doing a running jump

Ingame though I cant get this to work

This seems to be the animation for the DayZ standalone.

A new feature for the beta maybe?

yeah i all so thought that to as i watched a dayz video and the same animation was in that.

Ok, so based on beta, we have clown car Strider horns confirmed, and apparently when it says dump truck it means an open truck. Also, the Zamak is just a KAMAZ.

The Strider has an animated gear stick. Nice.

Anyone else not liking the 3D crosshair?Its wrong on a few levels IMO.The SOS scope implementation for me is better and I hope they will give us an option to choose that look,of course with correct crosshairs for each scope type.

Nope. While the FOV should be adjusted a bit so the corners aren't as big as they are at the moment, the new scopes are absolutely splendid. :)

The strider has a commander spot with an additional FLIR, in addition to the gunner's one. I think that the unarmed Ifrit/Hunter also got a commander seat and a FLIR pod but I don't remember.

Ghosthawk and CH49 have toggleable doors, if you're a passenger in a chopper and you have a steerable parachute, you can eject from it(HALO jump)

The Blackfoot weapon bay's open when you switch to missiles/rockets and close when you switch back to the rotary cannon(there's a slight delay for switching between them due to this as well)

There's a longer version of the Titan launcher, that can only fire AA missiles, and a compact version which can fire either Anti Tank or Armor Piercing missiles. Both launchers use the Javelin interface and have NV/Thermal vision, but no way to switch between top and direct attacks.

Firstly I just do not like how the recoil causes the whole screen to move,which of course is unavoidable,but then the new 3D scopes adds onto that the movement of the scope inside of the screen which makes for less feeling of control,especially with the ridiculous recoil A3 has at this moment.Secondly,the textures look low quality when your that up close to the scopes.Thirdly is how dark the texture of the scope makes the point your targeting look and finally the JARRING way the whole screen zooms in and then out when you use the 3Dscopes looks terrible.Just try in game and switch to and from optics a few times and then try it with the SOS equipped scopes.Its just not well implemented IMO.Of course many will like or love it so I can hope it can be set as an option.