Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

That doesn't make you a Copy-paste Colonel just yet http://blizzforums.com/images/smilies/new/face.gif

I am deeply offended by this and I would like Pure to be banned from the forums. I realize that a subtle stab at the monumental effort I put in this thread is not enough to get him banned, so I would like to confess here, in front of the community, that Pure has made several inappropriate sexual advances towards me via PM. I have no proof of this, due to the fact that I deleted the messages which were edited in a very perverse and sickening language, however you should totally believe me due to the fact that I have been on the forums longer then him :o

ONTOPIC:

Was the smoke actually affected by the rotor down wash or was it just visual effect?

Was the smoke actually affected by the rotor down wash or was it just visual effect?

Good question; I asked myself the same thing.

Now that PhysX is in the picture, anything is possible.

My best guess from what I've seen is that a low flying helo ejects downward/outward-moving particles. I doubt there are PhysX particles in the game. (I'd be happy to be wrong though :))

Good question; I asked myself the same thing.

Now that PhysX is in the picture, anything is possible.

E3 2011 demo didn't have it. If volumetric clouds are present along with PhysX integration, it's safe to assume those particles are dynamic, hence their relatively short lifespan due to overall performance consideration, as seen in the GameTrailers vid.

E3 2011 demo didn't have it. If volumetric clouds are present along with PhysX integration, it's safe to assume those particles are dynamic, hence their relatively short lifespan due to overall performance consideration, as seen in the GameTrailers vid.

Hmm no i should say that's an extremely unsafe assumption :)

ive-relieved-colonel-v1kem.jpg

I confirm again Mr. Colonel. We do have first degree defamation. The individual is making fun of you and our organization. Shall we continue to Phase Foxtrott? :blues:

hehe but now fun aside; people are not here to read such things :p

Yes, as far as I am concerned, it was indeed affected in a somewhat physical manner and not part of the animation. Tough there is no way for me to completely confirm or deny that.

I think it's even somewhat already possible in the Arma 2 engine. I think I vaguely remember OS talking about something like that.

I'd also like to let you know that my huge blog/report from gamescom is about finished (4 full pages and counting) but recent events are currently preventing a possible addition to it so I will continue working on it until these are solved :)

Best regards!

I'd also like to let you know that my huge blog/report from gamescom is about finished (4 full pages and counting) but recent events are currently preventing a possible addition to it so I will continue working on it until these are solved :)

Best regards!

Its seems your blog/report from gamescom...

david-caruso-sunglasses_400_260_c1_center_top_0_0.jpg

...has just been promoted to book!

YEEEAAAAHHHH!

maionaze, can you confirm Co-Pilot function in helos? This vid shows AI in the other seat as "commander" in the AH-6 (AH-9?) - I'm going by the binocs icon here.

PXXbZi7a0_I

maionaze, can you confirm Co-Pilot function in helos? This vid shows AI in the other seat as "commander" in the AH-6 (AH-9?) - I'm going by the binocs icon here.

Well... that does not mean that there will be a co-pilot function. It could simply mean that the "commander" has access to sensory equipment (like the AH-1W targeting laser from A2). There ain't no sensor ball on this model, but I remember a screen where you could make out a sensor ball (or something similar) under the fuselage of the AH-9

Not when there's evidence and correlation between PhysX and past titles. Reposting from the Development Blog thread,

vs

nice vid.

native DirectX11 HDR [and 16bpc support for output, btw] support looks COOL :P and deserved to separate game itself :-)

p.s.

also fair dynamic light look asweome.

with or without SSAO that could help game really nice and notably improve immersion of gameplay for both consumer-grade[entertainment] commercial products and military simulation solutions.

Edited by BasileyOne

I heared about the underground factories coming for Arma 3. Can anyone tell me if there is a realtime cave creation implemented? So you can (theoretically) digg a runway inside a mountain and land a plane by flying it into the mountain cave? ;D Or digg a tunnel between the enemy underground costline base and the sea to drown them all, or stuff like this? or will it just be a static object, that reaches into the underground, without beeing able to build vehicles in the underground and drive them to the surface through your selfdigged tunnel? In case someone knows something about this, pls tell me :)

I heared about the underground factories coming for Arma 3.

That feature is on the devs wish-list. Not confirmed.

There is no "underground" anything in ArmA3. Not as far as we know anyway.

I just can't wait for the game to finally release!!!!!

I'm building a new gaming rig just to play A3. I'm spending more on the future than I'm spending on today.... < that's a nice little quote, I think I'm going to keep that one....hmmmm

I just can't wait for the game to finally release!!!!!

Don't hold your breath mate, the development team has recently suffered a huge bodypunch and this will be a very serious setback.

Not sure where to put this... this thread seemed appropriate... it might seem like a small thing, but it would be nice if all the doors of all the enterable buildings were closed by default... its a bit odd that the entire population of Zargabad leaves their doors open all day and night... and it makes it more interesting from a simulation point of view to have them closed....

What this confirmed feature exactly mean: "Smoke will be dynamic"?

Is it

, like in this video or sth else?

Correct, helicopter rotor displacing missile smoke trails. Seen both for Comanche and AH-6 (AH-9) in an other video. To what degree it is "confirmed", we don't know, but that's clearly dynamic smoke with a short lifespan to factor in performance (?). Whether smoke grenades will exhibit the same behavior is also unknown.

There are 3D volumetric clouds in the game, if that's of any relevance. :)

I'm wondering how wind will affect the game. Mostly how firestorms are going to work after napalming a hill for 12 hours.

Correct, helicopter rotor displacing missile smoke trails. Seen both for Comanche and AH-6 (AH-9) in an other video. To what degree it is "confirmed", we don't know, but that's clearly dynamic smoke with a short lifespan to factor in performance (?). Whether smoke grenades will exhibit the same behavior is also unknown.

There are 3D volumetric clouds in the game, if that's of any relevance. :)

Then the feature name "Smoke will be dynamic" is not very precisse. It can be a global thing(i hope) or simple just for missle smoke trails. Event to it can be animation or Physx stuff too.

Edited by danczer

would not it be great that you be able to shoot of lights, if you will sneak up on a base without being detected as soon as possible. and the player had to fix the lights to get them to light again!:D