Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

The ArmA3 dev team have gotten scarily quiet...not a shred of new info, no screen shots, no video, only thing new we know of is that the alpha got pushed to atleast december =(.

The dev team is quiet because two of them are currently imprisoned, while work has not ceased it is most probably being undertaken at a slower rate. I've seen several posts from the dev team members here, enough to ensure that production has not halted. The sooner the Greeks realise the idiocy of their actions, and decide to release Ivan and Martin, the better.

The dev team is quiet because two of them are currently imprisoned, while work has not ceased it is most probably being undertaken at a slower rate. I've seen several posts from the dev team members here, enough to ensure that production has not halted. The sooner the Greeks realise the idiocy of their actions, and decide to release Ivan and Martin, the better.

You are implying that their development team is extremely small...it is not, is 50+

Here are the credits for ArmA2 - http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=72009&tab=credits

There team has grown even bigger for ArmA3 as they have another division that split off and created the Carrier game.

The greek are ruining everything from economy to ArmA III.

The ArmA3 dev team have gotten scarily quiet...not a shred of new info, no screen shots, no video, only thing new we know of is that the alpha got pushed to atleast december =(.

Might be due to two of their collegues still being imprisoned in Greece. Ivan being a Designer.

You are implying that their development team is extremely small...it is not, is 50+

Here are the credits for ArmA2 - http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=72009&tab=credits

There team has grown even bigger for ArmA3 as they have another division that split off and created the Carrier game.

Oh I understand that, it's just that Ivan and Martin were in fairly superior positions (lead designer/lead art or something like that). Anyway, this is very off topic. We haven't heard much information, so until we do this thread will be stagnant.

what about being able to be friends with the AI? just like being a friend with a civ/ally and something like, if the enemy get info about your relation with your friend they will go there and arrest him/kill him?

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

i have also to request cameos for david amstrong in arma 3 SP campaign.... please.

also, can you guys include the H-60 in general? any black hawk model, i mean, i really dont know whats the point of adding the SOAR and the ragers if there is not even an UH-60L

what about being able to be friends with the AI? just like being a friend with a civ/ally and something like, if the enemy get info about your relation with your friend they will go there and arrest him/kill him?

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

i have also to request cameos for david amstrong in arma 3 SP campaign.... please.

also, can you guys include the H-60 in general? any black hawk model, i mean, i really dont know whats the point of adding the SOAR and the ragers if there is not even an UH-60L

So are these all confirmed features? ;)

There is a General Armstrong in the 7th Infantry Division ORBAT as of the Gamescom build but with no first name; as was previously pointed out, David Armstrong is probably in his 70s by the time of ARMA 3 -- it is after all set approximately fifty years after Cold War Crisis/Assault -- and thus David Armstrong is unlikely to make any in-person appearances, odds are that it's one of his descendants or an unrelated Armstrong.

No idea what Dr_Death meant by "the SOAR and the ragers", but going by the question about the AI, I have to imagine that Dr_Death simply mistook this for the wishlist thread... reading comprehension failures are seemingly rather common in this subforum unfortunately.

There is a General Armstrong in the 7th Infantry Division ORBAT as of the Gamescom build but with no first name; as was previously pointed out, David Armstrong is probably in his 70s by the time of ARMA 3 -- it is after all set approximately fifty years after Cold War Crisis/Assault -- and thus David Armstrong is unlikely to make any in-person appearances, odds are that it's one of his descendants or an unrelated Armstrong.

Well, Captain Price in CoD fights in both WW2 and WW3. ;)

Which is a funny subject in and of itself, as depending on one's interpretation of the relevant "Intel", Black Ops suggests that a Jonathan Price was an "inordinately young" SAS member as of 1978. :p According to the Call of Duty Wikia, the French translation of Black Ops went all the way and referred to him as Price, but neither Treyarch nor Infinity Ward has actually commented on how much their respective timelines intersect if at all. Since the "WW3" Price's history dates back only as far as 1996 (the attempted assassination on Imran Zakhaev in Pripyat, Ukraine from COD4) and he was only a Lieutenant back then, I'm led to wonder if this "Jonathan" is actually meant to be a hypothetical "missing link" between WW2 and WW3 Price and thus the two timelines. :p

BI has no such issue, but until we see the SP campaign... no way to know for sure what BI decided. :p I have to wonder if the ORBAT will serve any role in the campaign except as a storytelling device?

It could just be done with some basic arithmetics. Assuming that Armstrong Sr. is in his 70s by 2035, it would mean that a younger Armstrong could very well be a general. If Armstrong Sr. was born on or about 1965, placing him in his 20s by CWC/CWA. Therefore, if he had a kid during that time period, he would be 18 in the mid-1990s. Assuming he didn't go to OCS or whatever and enlisted a normal grunt at the rank of private, it would take him about 40 years to get to a high commissioned rank, honorable deeds notwithstanding. Therefore, the Armstrong seen here may very well be D. Armstrong's son.

Or it could just be an easter egg.

Problem solved :p

Sorry what was that? Hey did you guys hear that as well?

Sorry what was that? Hey did you guys hear that as well?

What? Was that a shameless bump of a non dying thread?

What? Was that a shameless bump of a non dying thread?

Well gosh darn... I could have sworn BI released some new info... must be my imagination... strange...

What are the chances we will see trees cut down by multiple, high caliber rounds? I think it's been confirmed that due to physX the surroundings will be affected by shell explosions but what about trees themself?

What are the chances we will see trees cut down by multiple, high caliber rounds?

slim

I think it's been confirmed that due to physX the surroundings will be affected by shell explosions but what about trees themself?

physix doesn't necesary means that. In the end most modern corridor shooters have some sort of phisics engine, be it physix or havok or bullet or else, but that doesn't mean it affects the environment to any degree.

i would also like to know what the new physX brings to trees & bushes. will they become hallow entities like it currently is in ArmA2, or will they retain their collision geometry and be actually useful?

What are the chances we will see trees cut down by multiple, high caliber rounds? I think it's been confirmed that due to physX the surroundings will be affected by shell explosions but what about trees themself?

Dynamo;2244122']i would also like to know what the new physX brings to trees & bushes. will they become hallow entities like it currently is in ArmA2' date=' or will they retain their collision geometry and be actually useful?[/quote']

I think it was said in some video that objects like trees will now fall in the right (expected) direction, against what we have in arma 2 that objects like trees always fall the exact same way everytime.

I think that in some video there was a small object that bounced off the APC, but that's all we know afaik. They have been quite quiet, and its almost november, hmm.

I think it was said in some video that objects like trees will now fall in the right (expected) direction, against what we have in arma 2 that objects like trees always fall the exact same way everytime.

I always loved knocking down trees (and hoping they fell in the right direction) into the middle of road and planting satchels in them.

At least now I can be sure that my efforts aren't wasted

Thats from VBS2 though, its just normal arma 2 destruction from what I can see.

Well it's an A3 building by the looks of it, still it does not say anything... Guess we are a little twitchy when it comes to anything that resembles A3 since we haven't had any news for a while... BI must be planning something bbBIIIGGG for us :bigglasses:

As seen previously, VBS2 2.0 and Arma 3 seem to share assets. (Though I think they are only used for presentational purposes due to their sophisticated quality).

These houses and environments are definitely in Arma 3 as well! :)