• All units in green and dessert camo for mission builders

everywhere you see now play in the desert boredom

what is best for you rather play ?

whast do you prefer - Green Land

well camouflaged positions

difficult terrain

terrain in which to hide and can build a defense position

where one can approach without being immediately discovered to 2 km

forests with dense forest, where his infantry squad can lead to the enemy under cover

whast do you prefer - Dessert limnos

you can see and kill you even without the miles that you can give your lord forces

large areas with little objects, that do not offer coverage

no forests - total overview of your armor is already found this one for maximum visibility and destroyed

Edited by W0lle

Lemnos isn't desert it's mediterranean....

I love both anywhoo! It really depends on map design and creativity. I would personally love to see streams and rivers more often.

medditeran without coverage options is the same as desert with small stones look the picts

many small bushes are the same as nothing

Hey, JgBtl292, next time you make a poll, how bout making it unbiased. Because the real poll, judging by your comments, is "Do you like cover or no cover?".

I think that your question suggests answer... Personally I prefer Green Land too. Eastern Europe, like in ArmA 2. I play OA mainly due to many improvements, I don't like this desert stuff so much, however it's not something what I don't like very, very much ether.

The last option is unneeded. It just messes with the first two.

But I voted green land. One Takistan is more than enough. Chernarus was more "Vietnam'ish" and I love that.

Green land makes you uber careful and adrenaline rises. In the desert you just grab a sniper rifle and go fraggin'

medditeran without coverage options is the same as desert with small stones look the picts

many small bushes are the same as nothing

It's called micro-terrain and there's no reason why deserts wouldn't have it, and Lemnos does have forests and cover even if you choose to ignore them.

I thought A2 was too green and OA too brown.

Both Malden and South Sahrani were supposedly mediterranian and they werent barren.

Lemnos seems too barren for mixed gameplay but atleast it has donkeys..

Didn't see any forests in Google Earth.

I can see some in the northern part at Katalakko and some at the south-eastern coast, granted it's not really a lot...

Hope BIS adds some forests of their own since they seem to be modifying some details of the map anyway. (From the comparison of scr01 with the google earth pic of the same spot)

Apple crumble please.

Nice caves

olivieri-oliviero-beach-limnos-lemnos-aegean-islands-greek-islands-greece.jpg

I hope BIS nail this place, there are some very nice terrain details.

As a mapper I can tell you that desert is by far the easiest not only to create but to play on too. Every tree, bush, building, etc. takes a toll on FPS.

What I really want to see is what is missing from A2/OA... All "four seasons", i.e., SNOW (falling and on the ground), and flora with a more asian flavor... where are the bamboo, etc.?

War happens even when it isn't summer, folks.

I can see some in the northern part at Katalakko and some at the south-eastern coast, granted it's not really a lot...

When zoomed in they look more like green fields akin to those in Zargabad.

And yeah even if those were forests it's not enough by far.

Malden was better.

Hope BIS adds some forests of their own since they seem to be modifying some details of the map anyway. (From the comparison of scr01 with the google earth pic of the same spot)

They will obviously modify the map for gameplay reasons but something tells me we won't have really dense big forests regardless.

No trees you say?

A few trees are not enough.

I've seen more on Takistan and Zargabad.

waht i see is 2km² nothing then a little wood in valley 3km² nothing then a very smal wood ..............

90% in the map do you have a very very exposed position with your armor.

not a piece that you can take cover from A to b more then 200 meters

thats the point.

prefer a half as large playing area, as one of the sad and empty with little opjekts.

The soil is too shallow trenches no hollows or opportunities.

that is the problem of the large playing area in arma.

and this dessert medditerrain is know to play just boring.

I just checked GE and Limnos still looks like a bad choice (despite having donkeys).

Check out Lesvos to the southeast of Limnos near the coast, it has lots of pineforest but some dry terrain too, its more diverse and interesting.

Don't really care to be honest, although a mix like Sahrani (I LOVE SAHRANI!) would be welcome.

Check out Skyros further south, its smaller and reminds me alot about Everon.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/18961411

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.859436,24.561105&spn=0.203981,0.445976&t=f&z=12&ecpose=38.7409991,24.57392664,29279.74,-4.819,24.304,0.005

Not the best place for tanks but otherwise really nice :) .

Can you say DLC? :p

That's a good map too, love the location of the airfield. I guess at the moment we've got no evidence of BIS' terrain ambitions, besides that they at least include Lemnos.