Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

New expansion?

The gamespot article on ARMA 3 says this:

"Arma 3 will be the first new installment in the series since 2009's well-regarded Arma II. The studio released a stand-alone expansion for that game, Operation Arrowhead, in June 2010, and a second is planned for release next month."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6314587.html?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B1

Can someone confirm this?

I read that as well mate but at the time it didn't click. But yeah good point.

it would be odd for BIS not to tell anyone that a new expansion/DLC is due for release. i would like some new official content though. though a new DLC could cover the events that lead to world war III as portrayed in ArmA III, sort of building up to the A3 release

the article might have just made a mistake or said something wrong

edit: maybe this "new release" is the mythical ArmAFree? thing

Edited by That guy

They might be on about Reinforcements

With the way its worded, it appears to be something else.

The only stumbling block is they dont mention Reinforcements. We need BIS to clear this up!

Interesting, I'd love a new expansion! :D

I just hope BIS will tell us what's really going on.

Just a 'yay' or 'nay' will be fine, thx BI :)

Hi 76 :p

I dont think theyll say zip until the fat lady is ready...

"More information on the game is expected to be released as part of this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in June."

http://www.e3expo.com/

http://www.arma3.com/

Edited by Snots

1 Final DLC to get all Arma2 units to OA standard will be great. But I doubt this is going to happen. As 3 major projects are already on their hand and some are scheduled to be released end of 2011, So don't put ya hopes high.

Most developters must spending lots of time on testing and developing ArmA3 and there'll be only some of the developters left to better ArmA2.

I'm absolute sure that there'll be a total GOTY contains vanila, oa, baf and pmc. But I'm just worry that there won't be anything new dlc or expansion pack release since the announcement of ArmA3 and I also believe that most players will take on ArmA3 when she is leashed in 2012. In other words, ArmA2 can be only alive for a year at most from then on. I really don't hope ArmA2 stop keep going.

Jeez, the annoucment of ArmA 3 doesn't mean every single BI dev is dropping every other project just to work on ArmA 3. There's about 170 people working for BIS.

There's still more than enough working on ArmA 2, I'm sure we'll see more content, whether it be a DLC or a new expansion, and we'll still get patches just as often. The last patch for ArmA 1 was released not too long ago. People gotta get this in their heads...

Yeah BIS is really large now, maybe they'll give us some more ArmA 2 stuff... which would be great to tide us over till ArmA 3!

Damn just bought Reinforcements and they are going to release another DLC ? :butbut:

I don't see BIS releasing another huge expansion like OA while Arma3 is planned to be released in a year.. :confused:

Hi 76 :p

I dont think theyll say zip until the fat lady is ready...

G'day Snots, I think ya right ;)

1 Final DLC to get all Arma2 units to OA standard will be great.

Of everything this would be my ask :)

Edited by 76

Please be aware that this year's the 10th anniversary of the release of OPF CWC. It would be strange if they wouldn't release something to celebrate their anniversary.

Just my 2 cents:bounce3:

kind regards

There is a Russian flag on a map of takistan along with NATO, US, ION, Takistan and British flags that appeared around the time of PMC DLC release. And someone did say Russians won't be forgotten on another thread, can't seem to find it but have a look at the map.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1860209

I think VBS2 is the big ace in the hole - there are plenty of vehicles, etc. that could easily be ported over to A2:OA plus there is new quick terrain building tools for VBS2 admins that may be able to be used to crank out new maps faster than before.

Also, BIS seems to be moving to a micro-transaction model, to maintain a more constant stream of revenue. A3 is still more than 12 months away. Seems to me they may want to dip into the pot at least once along the way to help fund its development. I for one would buy anything they release in a heartbeat.

Going against this though is the release of Reinforcements which may be their A2 swan song (i.e. the complete A2 edition).

Only time will tell, but I think E3 might be the event where they will announce something.

Edited by KaBoNG

If this is anything we won't hear anything till E3 I assume.

Has anyone noticed Gaia's Avatar? It is a headshot picture of the man in this article without the bar over his face. You can tell by the scar on the face. If you click on his profile his picture is different, however. This is the post that I noticed it. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1903691#post1903691

It might be nothing, but it seems to be relevant to the discussion here.

It's Reynolds from PMC. Gaia created him as a character for a Flashpoint mission years ago, even before he worked for BIS I think.

It's Reynolds from PMC. Gaia created him as a character for a Flashpoint mission years ago, even before he worked for BIS I think.

Wasn't it "When the world ends"? In any case I believe, we'll find a surprise for the 10th anniversary of OFP CWC. It's maybe just a gut feeling of mine.

kind regards