Sign in to follow this  
texkaz

Looking for a certain Takistan map

There is a map of the whole country showing it divided into occupation zones. US around Takmyr capital, Russians in the North, British in the South, and everything all mixed up in the center. I tried image searching for it on google but could not find it. I need it for a campaign I'm making

You will never find because the country does not exist :) It has been made up by Bohemia Interactive beacause of legal matters etc etc. As far as i know the map represents a region in Turkmenia or Tajikistan

I know Takistan is fictional, but the map I am talking about exists. I saw it before. It's like this map but divided between Brits, NATO, Americans, Takistani Army, and Russians

TF86_GSTacMap.jpg

Isnt it one of the maps in a campaign with just markers of flags on it? Dont know to which mission/campaign its related though, i thought the PMC campaign.

EDIT: Though then it wouldnt be such a large area as the map above.

Right click and save the pic as, and you'll have your picture if what pooroldspike here has posted above is the pic your looking for.

This is at- http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-pmc-proving-grounds/a2pmc-proving-grounds_en.html

But I don't know if it's a download or what-

takx.jpg

Thank you so much I spent a while looking for this. And now I found it! URL and everything! One question, where did you find this? I spent a few hours on google and BI wiki looking for this exact map!

Edit: God Bless the ARMA Community, they help you out whenever you need it.

Edited by TexKaz

One question, where did you find this?

He got it from that link, the Official Arma2 website, look at the page you will see the map on there.

don't quote images or you'll discover a Wolle new world of pain

:D

Edited by Macadam Cow

don't quote images or you'll discover a Wolle new world of pain

:D

Also don't forget to mention the 100kb limit for pics...even if it is in a spoiler. ;)

There is a map of the whole country showing it divided into occupation zones. US around Takmyr capital, Russians in the North, British in the South, and everything all mixed up in the center. I tried image searching for it on google but could not find it. I need it for a campaign I'm making

:DMaybe it'll appear in next DLC.

just after noticing that little islands on the map posted by TexKaz are called

Thrisk

Quesh Kirbul

and Namalsk

just after noticing that little islands on the map posted by TexKaz are called

Thrisk

Quesh Kirbul

and Namalsk

That's pretty amazing considering that Thirsk is supposed to be somewhere near Finland and Namalsk in the Bering Strait.

Yeah that's a map I made up of the different island addons to tie them all together for a fictional storyline.

Thank you so much I spent a while looking for this. And now I found it! URL and everything! One question, where did you find this? I spent a few hours on google and BI wiki looking for this exact map!..

I simply typed the magic word 'Takmyr' into the search box and look through the list of results which came up, and it was about 6th down the list-"Proving Grounds Arma2 Official Website'.

Incidentally there's a gallery of map location 3D screenshots at the FGM link below that you might like, I can't post them here because they're too big for this forum's size limit-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?6759-3D-RECCES